• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

32 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Tbh if you’re under 55 you won’t be getting vaccinated until 2022 regardless. But I laugh at Biden’s advisors idea because as insane as it sounds it’s completely possible. 

Summer 2022 we’ll still be waiting in line for our shot and Biden will still be saying “it’s Trump fault” this took so long...

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

So is Biden? Didn't stop then from heavily picking him lol 

Manhattan was like 85/15 in favor of Biden..

A little different. I voted for Biden because Trump is insane. I hated both candidates, but the majority of America voted for the lesser of 2 evils. Same as 4 years ago with Hilary (won popular vote by 3 million, lost election by 80k votes) If a good candidate goes against Cuomo, he could easily lose.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

NYC average rent

Beds Bot 25% Median Top 25%

Studio $2,300 $2,595 $2,950
1BR $2,650 $3,150 $3,550
2BR $3,100 $3,600 $4,696

Max UI: $504 a week....

Sure that’s what they charge... but with evictions on hold for the foreseeable future it’s not like you really have to pay it anyways... 

1 minute ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Sure that’s what they charge... but with evictions on hold for the foreseeable future it’s not like you really have to pay it anyways... 

True. The mortgage and rent deferral is why my wife lost her job and a law firm of 250 employees closed in Long Island. Also why my dad has not been able to kick out his tenants in the city that owe him 10k+ in rent that he will never see. Good Job Cuomo!

It's a little easier to say he's done a good job when his tyrant rule hasn't effected you at all.

Pfizer/BioNtech is a global company that wasnt funded through operation warp speed. The US govt bought a decent amount of initial doses to immunize first responders. The US doesn't have carte blanch on the vaccine and why would anyone think the us should get all its people vaccinated before other places? 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Pfizer/BioNtech is a global company that wasnt funded through operation warp speed. The US govt bought a decent amount of initial doses to immunize first responders. The US doesn't have carte blanch on the vaccine and why would anyone think the us should get all its people vaccinated before other places? 

Capitalism vs communism...it will go to the high bidder unless forced by government. Which is why I’m still giggling thinking about it. 

39 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

True. The mortgage and rent deferral is why my wife lost her job and a law firm of 250 employees closed in Long Island. Also why my dad has not been able to kick out his tenants in the city that owe him 10k+ in rent that he will never see. Good Job Cuomo!

It's a little easier to say he's done a good job when his tyrant rule hasn't effected you at all.

I think cuomo has been distancing himself from blasio to help himself in NYC, pinning it on him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

This is a global effort. How's your no vaccine call looking? 

It’s one thing to creat one, its another to mass produce and distribute. I have a project at work for two carbohydrate evaps for covid vaccine base. They won’t be ready for production till March. Then you have to still produce and distribute enough to make a diff. 

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Governments all over the world have helped fund the vaccine effort. Equitable distribution was kinda part of the deal. This was not a wholly capitalistic endeavor. Im pretty sure that many govts made a pre-purchase of the Pfizer/bioNTech vaccine candidate, including Canada with 20 million doses. 

Exactly...purchased. 

3 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

It’s one thing to creat one, its another to mass produce and distribute. I have a project at work for two carbohydrate evaps for covid vaccine base. They won’t be ready for production till March. Then you have to still produce and distribute enough to make a diff. 

I'm sure there will be difficulties with distribution like cold storage but they'll figure it out. You were so sure they wouldn't create one in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I'm sure there will be difficulties with distribution like cold storage but they'll figure it out. You were so sure they wouldn't create one in the first place. 

When did I say they wouldn’t create one? My stance has been that herd immunity is the way to go and that the last time a vaccine was rushed to market it caused brain damage. I’ve also commented that the flu vaccine is only 60% effective in a good year, at least they claim to do much better than that. 
All that said I don’t think it gets to market fast enough to make a significant difference in deaths. 

Just now, Luke_Mages said:

When did I say they wouldn’t create one? My stance has been that herd immunity is the way to go and that the last time a vaccine was rushed to market it caused brain damage. I’ve also commented that the flu vaccine is only 60% effective in a good year, at least they claim to do much better than that. 
All that said I don’t think it gets to market fast enough to make a significant difference in deaths. 

I thought for sure you were fairly down on it along with Richard because there's never been a vaccine for the other coronaviruses and the common cold. But I don't really feel like digging. Seems like the opportunity cost for delaying infections is even greater now that a vaccine is very close. 

A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I thought for sure you were fairly down on it along with Richard because there's never been a vaccine for the other coronaviruses and the common cold. But I don't really feel like digging. Seems like the opportunity cost for delaying infections is even greater now that a vaccine is very close. 

I did mention I was skeptical of success because of our failure to create an effective coronavirus vaccine in the past. 
I just read h the e press release and to me it’s not completely rainbows and unicorns yet. I think based on how they described the effectiveness that he 90% number will come down. They also have no idea how long it’s effective for yet. 

2 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I did mention I was skeptical of success because of our failure to create an effective coronavirus vaccine in the past. 
I just read h the e press release and to me it’s not completely rainbows and unicorns yet. I think based on how they described the effectiveness that he 90% number will come down. They also have no idea how long it’s effective for yet. 

We've barely tried. We dont invest a lot of resources in diseases that barely kill people. The science has been there for a long time...the money and the will of a pandemic was missing. 

The 90% may come down but there's no reason it has to. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Governments all over the world have helped fund the vaccine effort. Equitable distribution was kinda part of the deal. This was not a wholly capitalistic endeavor. Im pretty sure that many govts made a pre-purchase of the Pfizer/bioNTech vaccine candidate, including Canada with 20 million doses. 

7A0A4836-CCEA-4665-BEA4-CEA4560C9007.jpeg

20 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

We've barely tried. We dont invest a lot of resources in diseases that barely kill people. The science has been there for a long time...the money and the will of a pandemic was missing. 

The 90% may come down but there's no reason it has to. 

If the true rate of infection caught is 1 in 5 people. We're averaging 100k new cases a day (conservative)* 5 500k cases a day (90 million) Already 10 million confirmed cases (50 million). In 6 months were at or near herd immunity and the vaccine will be too late anyways?

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic