• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Just now, Luke_Mages said:

Yea and @BuffaloWeather agreed. Its not a crazy idea. Morbidity rate among the young and healthy is estimated to be less than that of influenza. So build herd immunity to save the truly at risk, the elderly, diabetic, and obese.

It's ****ing insane, no government or public health expert thinks that's a good or reasonable idea. Good lord. 

And that's not true, only less in kids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

That's for vaccine research and it hasn't been done because it's unethical. 

There's enough covid around in the US to get a solid control arm without having to challenge. 

I think I could argue the ethical part. Its simply the sacrifice one to save many argument.

2 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

You would have to know potential long term effects, which we don't because the disease has only been around for 6 months. 

I get the risk, and my point is that its one that myself and others would be willing to take if it meant helping a cause.

I get on my motorcycle everyday knowing the risks, and that's probably way more risky than covid.

And like @BuffaloWeather I do take it seriously. There are people in our family that my wife and I dont go near because were constantly exposed to new people because of our jobs. And thats what we should be doing, protecting the vulnerable while allowing the virus to spread among the non vulnerable at a rate the healthcare systems can keep up with. Because if theres never a vaccine we'll be crawling along for the next 133 years to get herd immunity. 

Bidding war setting up for this cute house in scriba, heading there Sunday to see if I wanna throw my name in the hat lol

Screenshot_20200905-094114.png.ecf3f10ec

3bd 3ba 2000sq ft on nearly an acre and a half of land, nice screened in porch, fenced in backyard, in ground pool etc... Asking 159k, taxes last year less than 2k, must be haunted haha..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

My real estate agent called last night and said people were making offers without even seeing the place lmao The owners won't accept any offers until the weekend showings are finished..

My friend sold their house in less then 24 hours. No viewings, just online pictures. They also waived inspection and put 20% down. They went 15k above asking for a 150k house. It's insane out there. With rates so low, people can afford more expensive homes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I bought my house for 160k last year, it officially got appraised at 190k a few weeks ago. Crazy market. 

With economy going back to normal in few years, your house will be back to where it was unless you want to sell it now to make some profit :) It's good time to refinance right now, I did mine last week 15 years for 2.15% and only have to pay $850 monthly (included taxes and insurance) - GOOD DEAL!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Bidding war setting up for this cute house in scriba, heading there Sunday to see if I wanna throw my name in the hat lol

Screenshot_20200905-094114.png.ecf3f10ec

3bd 3ba 2000sq ft on nearly an acre and a half of land, nice screened in porch, fenced in backyard, in ground pool etc... Asking 159k, taxes last year less than 2k, must be haunted haha..

How close is it to the nuke plant?  My niece is a real estate agent and she’s been selling houses like crazy in one day above list price. 

Old lady went for a pre approval through bank of America, never again lol

She went for a conventional loan yet they set her up with an FHA (interest rate 3.75%)lol No sellers want to deal with FHA..She tried to get it switched and they gave her an attitude and said they had no other programs for her..She has good credit (760), good job and good savings lol 

Luckily our real estate agent contacted northern credit union who she goes through all the time, they ran her information and offered an 80/20 conventional loan at 3.1%..Due to her good credit the credit union will pay the 20% down payment and we will have a separate small loan..This obviously saves money out of pocket as well as eliminating private mortgage insurance..We can also ask for 6% sellers concession and pay nearly nothing out of pocket for closing but I doubt that's much of an option with the current market lol

I plan on keeping this house for 5-6 years and then buying another out in the country with some land. (North Boston/East Eden) Hopefully by then we’re both working from home so I won’t have to worry about commuting. I could easily rent this out for $1500 a month. My payment per month with taxes will be $1000. Ill be making $500 a month while my home gets paid off. That’s the plan at least. 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Old lady went for a pre approval through bank of America, never again lol

She went for a conventional loan yet they set her up with an FHA (interest rate 3.75%)lol No sellers want to deal with FHA..She tried to get it switched and they gave her an attitude and said they had no other programs for her..She has good credit (760), good job and good savings lol 

Luckily our real estate agent contacted northern credit union who she goes through all the time, they ran her information and offered an 80/20 conventional loan at 3.1%..Due to her good credit the credit union will pay the 20% down payment and we will have a separate small loan..This obviously saves money out of pocket as well as eliminating private mortgage insurance..We can also ask for 6% sellers concession and pay nearly nothing out of pocket for closing but I doubt that's much of an option with the current market lol

Never go fha, youll be paying PMI for the life of the loan. Always go conventional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic