• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

On 7/16/2020 at 7:22 PM, wolfie09 said:

I bought this one from earthing.com

Most conductive parts of the body are the soles of the feet and palms of the hands..You will almost definitely feel a warm tingling sensation which is normal..Each person is different on how they react, more is not always better lol 

Screenshot_20200716-192055.png

https://www.earthing.com/products/universal-mat-kit

Just bought one. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 7:04 PM, brentrich said:

NY over 1k cases today, watch out NY, it's starting to rise again. 

What is your basis for saying this? Highest antibody rate, approximately 1% positive Rate, same curve as most of Europe where there are no major issues.  The compete devastation of March and April leaves BY in a better place than most places.

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Has anyone else here had any bad experiences with Roswell? My moms cancer is back and I think they're doing a terrible job with her. Any other places to go around the area? 

My uncle has been undergoing treatment there for almost 4 years for throat cancer. They’ve done an absolutely awful job. He’s gone chemotherapy numerous times and it’s been unsuccessful which not the part the makes them awful. What makes them awful is he then developed a condition in his jaw where the bone deteriorated due to the repeated treatments to the point he can no longer eat and has to eat through a feeding tube. He also can barely talk now. He had reconstructive facial surgery in December there to fix his jawbone by taking bone from his leg so he could eat and talk again. The doctors told him by April he would at least be eating things like cookies, crackers, ect... here it is August and he can still barely swallow water, can not eat anything what so ever, still can barely talk and when he does he’s in excruciating pain. He now wishes he never even got the surgery done as he’s in worse shape then before the surgery and now his face is all cut up and scarred. It’s crazy how many bad things I’ve heard about them from people I know and yet they’re supposedly one of the top cancer centers in the country... something doesn’t add up to me.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

My uncle has been undergoing treatment there for almost 4 years for throat cancer. They’ve done an absolutely awful job. He’s gone chemotherapy numerous times and it’s been unsuccessful which not the part the makes them awful. What makes them awful is he then developed a condition in his jaw where the bone deteriorated due to the repeated treatments to the point he can no longer eat and has to eat through a feeding tube. He also can barely talk now. He had reconstructive facial surgery in December there to fix his jawbone by taking bone from his leg so he could eat and talk again. The doctors told him by April he would at least be eating things like cookies, crackers, ect... here it is August and he can still barely swallow water, can not eat anything what so ever, still can barely talk and when he does he’s in excruciating pain. He now wishes he never even got the surgery done as he’s in worse shape then before the surgery and now his face is all cut up and scarred. It’s crazy how many bad things I’ve heard about them from people I know and yet they’re supposedly one of the top cancer centers in the country... something doesn’t add up to me.

I met with the chemo doctor a few weeks ago and he knew nothing about what my moms treatment was last year. It was as if he looked at an MRI a minute before walking into the office. He actually asked her what chemo treatment she had last year, like my mom is going to remember that... Not to mention them saying in August of 2019 that there is less than a 2% chance of the cancer coming back. Here we are in June 2020 and now the cancer is back worse then ever and never going away. It's stage 4 nasopharyngeal cancer. They developed a new treatment plan a few weeks ago. She received chemo a few weeks and today was a scheduled follow up, now 3 days ago a random extra chemo session was added to her schedule and portal online today. There is no communication or unity between the departments. 

They’re known for giving false hope. They told my uncle numerous times the chemo was working and had a very very low chance back only for it to come back time and time again. I know hope is important but so is being realistic so you don’t get even more hurt god forbid something bad does happen. They also told my fiancé’s grandmother (10 years ago) that she would be good to go and kept telling her husband that everything was going great even a few days before she passed away when it clearly wasn’t. 

• Sad 1

It's time to hit the reset button: Shut it down and restart. That's what more than 150 health professionals are urging government leaders in an open letter published earlier this week.

"Tell the American people the truth about the virus, even when it’s hard. Take bold action to save lives — even when it means shutting down again," the letter, spearheaded by the nonprofit U.S. Public Interest Research Group, says.

Public health leaders argue in the letter that the U.S. reopened too quickly, nonessential businesses should close again, Americans should mostly stay home, and government officials need to invest more in testing, contact tracing, and personal protective equipment capacities.

If you don’t take these actions, the consequences will be measured in widespread suffering and death," according to the letter addressed to President Donald Trump, federal officials and governors. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

It's time to hit the reset button: Shut it down and restart. That's what more than 150 health professionals are urging government leaders in an open letter published earlier this week.

"Tell the American people the truth about the virus, even when it’s hard. Take bold action to save lives — even when it means shutting down again," the letter, spearheaded by the nonprofit U.S. Public Interest Research Group, says.

Public health leaders argue in the letter that the U.S. reopened too quickly, nonessential businesses should close again, Americans should mostly stay home, and government officials need to invest more in testing, contact tracing, and personal protective equipment capacities.

If you don’t take these actions, the consequences will be measured in widespread suffering and death," according to the letter addressed to President Donald Trump, federal officials and governors. 

Yes we need to do national lockdown for 4 weeks, look at other countries, they are doing so well. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Shutting down is not why other countries are doing well.  Seasonality and saturation are the reason for the slow down of the virus.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, Luke_Mages said:

And thats just what they're officially reporting...

And a population a 4x the USA.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:55 PM, Luke_Mages said:

And 10 more states added to the quarantine list. :facepalm:

I think some of the states being added to the list are purely a result of testing - the percent positives are flat but when testing goes up you get more positives driving the state over 10 per 100,000.  Look at DE, and MD for example.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/maryland

Other states like Montana and Alaska have really low positive rates (2-3 %) slight increases in percent positive but also increases tests. Montana has one day which causes it to be on the list (401 new cases). 

4 hours ago, brentrich said:

Yes we need to do national lockdown for 4 weeks, look at other countries, they are doing so well. 

A national lockdown is the wrong way to go. The virus is not going to go away because people are staying home. In just about every state hospitals are not over-whelmed.  In the NE, shutting down would be ridiculous with positive rates of 1%, very few Hospitalizations and almost no deaths.  The south will reach saturation with a 1/4 of the deaths that NY had.  The average age of hospitalized us way down in most places. Stop the panic.  

• Like 1

From our very own forum on the great lakes page.

19 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Well it got me and it's definitely not done with me.  I'll be brief but just wanted to share a frontline experience.  I began not feeling well the around the first-second week of May.  Mainly persistent headaches and joint pain.  I believe I posted before I've had chronic Lyme disease for over 12 years and have had a few flare ups in that time.  I figured that's what it was.  I didn't have a fever, no trouble breathing, none of the common symptoms of Covid.  After 2 more days it got worse, especially the headaches.  I called my physician, who is an LLMD, and he ordered both a Lyme test and a Covid test.  He didnt think it was Covid either because I wasn't showing typical Covid symptoms.  Scheduled the tests the next day, had them, got a quick Covid diagnostic while at the lab, no fever, oxygen levels fine, lungs clear, then went back home.

48 hours later I was in an ambulance because the ol'lady couldn't wake me up.  All I remember is laying down on the couch with an ice pack on my head and 2 dogs on top of me and then waking up in ICU feeling like a marionette with all the tubes and wires hooked to me.  I was told I was out for about 36 hours.  I got the quick test at the hospital and was positive.  I guess my other test came back positive 3 days later, Lyme test negative..

Once again to keep it brief, I thought if I got this thing it would hit me in the chest because I've been an on and off smoker for 40 some years.  The virus didn't hit me there.  It hit me in my blood and in my brain.  The encephalitis in my brain got bad enough I was put into an induced coma and intubated for 17 days to try and reduce the severe swelling.  I had to have 3 blood transfusions during that time because the virus was really screwing with my red blood cells causing them to basically work opposite of the way they are supposed to work.  I consciously never knew it but I guess I was on the edge.  Subconsciously, and I'm serious, I lived an entire lifetime in another dimension with vivid memories of my life, decades of my life,completely different from my life, that, well, weren't real?  The hardest part was the loneliness after I woke up.  Those stories about you're in there all by yourself, they're not kidding.  It was almost 2 weeks after I woke up before I got moved out of ICU and the Covid ward before I could see anyone besides nurses and Dr's dressed up in biohazard space suits.

Anyway, I was in the hospital for almost 2 months, I got out on the 10th.  I'm just now starting to get semi right, so I'm told lol.  There's no medical evidence of brain damage, I still have what little scruples I had before this.  I told her nothing can keep me away from hurricane season, guess I arrived just in time :arrrg:

I may be an extreme case but at least I'm alive.  145k and counting aren't.  Better perspective, 140k since April 1st.  Please don't take this lightly.  Please think about your loved ones, your friends, your neighbor, your fellow citizens.  Please think about Gertrude who already has one foot in the grave, let her put the other foot in, it's her right.  Nobody deserves to get sick, go through what I have or to die like my friend did back when this started over stupid selfish pride.  

Where a damn mask, it's the least you can do.

(maybe I'm not right that took me 3 hours lol)

• Thanks 4

On 7/20/2020 at 8:38 AM, vortmax said:

Let us know. I'm really curious!

My grounding system arrived and I am currently being Earthed. 
I’ll be honest, this thing has all the hallmarks of a scam. It arrived with a book extolling all the benefits of earthing. It’s long on attestation and short on scientific measurement. It looks like every other scam out there- the alkalinity thing, etc. 

Im gonna give it a fair chance. The packaging and product were pretty high end. I was impressed by that portion of it. Hey, if it doesn’t work, I’m only out a few bucks. Not like this is some grand investment. 

12 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

My grounding system arrived and I am currently being Earthed. 
I’ll be honest, this thing has all the hallmarks of a scam. It arrived with a book extolling all the benefits of earthing. It’s long on attestation and short on scientific measurement. It looks like every other scam out there- the alkalinity thing, etc. 

Im gonna give it a fair chance. The packaging and product were pretty high end. I was impressed by that portion of it. Hey, if it doesn’t work, I’m only out a few bucks. Not like this is some grand investment. 

Here's some studies that have been done..

https://www.groundology.co.uk/scientific-research

I also have the book and it shows plenty of evidence on Earthings ability to reduce inflammation which is the main culprit for chronic pain..

This comes from pubmed.gov..

Earthing (also known as grounding) refers to the discovery that bodily contact with the Earth's natural electric charge stabilizes the physiology at the deepest levels, reduces inflammation, pain, and stress, improves blood flow, energy, and sleep, and generates greater well-being. Such effects are profound, systemic, and foundational, and often develop rapidly. Earthing is as simple as routinely walking barefoot outdoors and/or using inexpensive grounding systems indoors while sleeping or sitting, practices that restore a lost and needed electric connection with the Earth. Some 20 studies to date have reported intriguing evidence of wide and significant physiological improvements when the body is grounded vs. non-grounded. The research, along with numerous anecdotal reports, demonstrates that Earthing clearly deserves inclusion in the clinical practice of preventive, alternative, and lifestyle medicine and has great potential to render these approaches more effective

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell unveiled the Republican coronavirus relief plan on Monday. 

Here is what we know about the bill, as Republican leaders release the details: 

• It would set enhanced federal unemployment insurance at 70% of a worker’s previous wages, replacing the $600 per week which states stopped paying out this week.
  • The GOP would set the benefit at a sum of $200 per week on top of what recipients would normally receive from states through September, slashing what they got from April through July. In October, the 70% replacement would take effect up to a maximum of $500 per week.
  • The proposal would send direct payments of $1,200 and $2,400 to individuals and couples, respectively. It would set the same qualifications as the checks approved in March: the payments started to phase out at an average of $75,000 in income per person, and individuals or couples making an average of $99,000 or more did not receive one. It would offer an additional $500 per dependent of any age.
  • The legislation would shield entities such as businesses, doctors and schools from lawsuits, except for cases of “gross negligence” or “willful misconduct.” 
  • It would set aside $190 billion for Paycheck Protection Program loans. The bill would allow small businesses with fewer than 300 employees that have seen revenue fall by more than 50% to apply for a second round of aid. It would also authorize $100 billion for loans to seasonal businesses and companies in low-income Census tracts that can show revenue reduction of more than 50%. 
  • The bill provides $105 billion to help schools reopen in the fall. Roughly $30 billion of that amount would go to colleges, according to Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Chairman Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn. Most of the money would go to schools physically reopening to help them with the costs associated with safely restarting. 
  • It includes $16 billion to help states boost Covid-19 testing capacity, according to Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby, R-Ala. 
  • Shelby said it would put $26 billion toward the development of Covid-19 vaccines and therapeutics. 
  • The plan includes 100% deductability of business meals, according to Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C. 
  • It includes several tax credits, including an enhanced employee retention credit and a credit for expenses such as upgrades to workplaces and testing that help businesses operate safely.
  • McConnell, of Kentucky, and his fellow Republicans unveiled the measure as Congress scrambles to respond to a pandemic still wreaking havoc across the country. GOP committee chairs outlined major parts of the legislation they hope will serve as a starting point in talks with Democrats on a bill that could pass both chambers of Congress. 
  • House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., planned to meet with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows at 6 p.m. ET. In a statement earlier Monday, the speaker called to start negotiations following release of the GOP plan. 

“If Republicans care about working families, this won’t take long. Time is running out. Congress cannot go home without an agreement,” Pelosi said, referencing lawmakers’ planned August recess. 

McConnell, in outlining the plan Monday, urged Democrats to come to an agreement quickly. 

“The pandemic is not finished. The economic pain is not finished. So Congress cannot be finished either,” he said. 

• The GOP hoped to release a pandemic aid plan last week, but senators and the White House struggled to reach a consensus as Covid-19 cases and deaths rise around the country. Democrats, who passed a $3 trillion relief plan in May, will look to change many provisions in the Republican opening offer.

•  

For now, the roughly 30 million people still receiving some form of unemployment insurance wait to see how quickly Congress will extend assistance — and whether it slashes benefits when it does. Speaking after McConnell unveiled the plan, Schumer said the reported Republican jobless benefit proposal would hurt unemployed Americans, draw money out of the economy and prove daunting for states to implement. 

“The Republican proposal on unemployment benefits, simply put, is unworkable,” he said. 

Senate Finance Committee ranking member Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., called the proposal a “punch in the gut and a slap in the face for the 30 million Americans relying on lifeline unemployment benefits.” 

Republicans and Democrats are at odds over how best to lift an American economy and health-care system damaged by an outbreak the U.S. has failed to contain. As of Monday afternoon, the U.S. had reported more than 4.2 million Covid-19 cases and roughly 147,000 deaths from the disease, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. 

The U.S. had an unemployment rate above 11% in June even after two strong months of job gains driven by states reopening their economies. But many states have had to pause or roll back their restart plans in response to coronavirus case spikes. 

Congress has already approved more than $2.5 trillion in spending this year to combat the health and economic crises. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

What does any of that have to do with Covid? Or am I missing something?

There is always some extra bullshit spending but this seems a little more egregious than usual. I can actually tolerate a few million here or there for side programs that may tangentially help out but aren’t directly related to main cause. 

This however, seems a little absurd. The GOP doesn’t give a **** about us. They just want to further their military agendas and buy votes. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic