• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

28 minutes ago, brentrich said:

highly doubt it, don't get your hopes up

Why do you doubt it? Colleges aren't going to stand idly by and bankrupt themselves. Their core population is much more likely to die of some other cause than covid while attending class.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like most colleges and most likely schools will start back up in late August/early September for most of the country. Things will finally get back to normal. 

I think most colleges will come back, assuming we don’t have a calamitous widespread increase in cases, but it certainly won’t be “normal” — there will be capacity restrictions in classrooms, dorms, events, etc. Likely the same deal with restaurants, movie theaters,  and other public accommodations. Not ideal, but it will be an improvement over the last couple of months, assuming the vast majority of people will behave responsibly (maybe too much to hope for).

5 hours ago, WNash said:

I think most colleges will come back, assuming we don’t have a calamitous widespread increase in cases, but it certainly won’t be “normal” — there will be capacity restrictions in classrooms, dorms, events, etc. Likely the same deal with restaurants, movie theaters,  and other public accommodations. Not ideal, but it will be an improvement over the last couple of months, assuming the vast majority of people will behave responsibly (maybe too much to hope for).

Yeah things won't be normal for a long time. Most likely summer of 2021.

20 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Anyone ever hear of this? I've been connecting more with earth lately and had some of the best sleep in months..

https://www.barefoothealing.com.au/v/what-is-earthing/22

Some amazing scientific evidence to this, especially fighting inflammation..

Screenshot_20200601-145030.png.97aa68791

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

Go figure...

• Thanks 1

Lol yeah dude it definitely isn't placibo, as more and more scientific research is coming out..I watched a documentary of a guy who walked for the first time in 30 years from grounding to the earth..I tell you this, I had some wicked vivid dreams last night lol I don't dream often but I enjoyed them..You can ground from inside the house as well..

Screenshot_20200602-175142.png

8 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the massive spike in Covid cases we will see due to the protests? 

I think outdoor transmission is minimal at best. Hence why spring break didn’t cause a spike and the reopening protests in Michigan didnt cause a spike.  

12 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I think outdoor transmission is minimal at best. Hence why spring break didn’t cause a spike and the reopening protests in Michigan didnt cause a spike.  

The Michigan protests were not quite as big or large scale as these protests have been for the last week or so. The next 2-3 weeks will certainly show how quickly it transmits outside. As evidence by what's going on around the world minus Brazil, I think we are seeing a mutation to a less deadly/weaker form of the virus. 

Have you seen the protests in Europe? They have tens of thousands of people walking in the street right next to each other. If we don't see a huge spike in cases we absolutely should open everything up including fans at games. 

https://time.com/5846981/paris-protests-george-floyd-global/

• Like 2

I take these supplements every day..

Vitamin/mineral cocktail may significantly improve COVID-19 outcomes

Sounds like this finding urgently needs additional investigation:
Vitamin B12, D3 and Magnesium administration in older COVID-19 patients "was associated with a significant reduction in proportion of patients with clinical deterioration requiring oxygen support and/or intensive care support."
Among hospitalized patients ages 50 and higher, 17.6% of those who received the combination required some form of O2 support vs. 61.5% among those who did not

On 6/2/2020 at 9:13 PM, Luke_Mages said:

If true then we should be allowed to attend Bills games ;)

"There have been no new cases of the novel coronavirus among the hundreds who flouted social distancing guidelines and attended pool parties at Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks over Memorial Day weekend, a state health official said this week."

Could be something to the whole outside, pool, beach thing...

17 minutes ago, vortmax said:

"There have been no new cases of the novel coronavirus among the hundreds who flouted social distancing guidelines and attended pool parties at Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks over Memorial Day weekend, a state health official said this week."

Could be something to the whole outside, pool, beach thing...

Just came here to post the same thing.

Meanwhile Brazil is on a path to overtake the US in cases.

Well it's been real guys.. Just signed the papers to sell my house back to the original owners..I'm heading back down to the jersey shore in hopes to eventually buy a house on the beach..I'll miss you fookers but I'm sure I'll be on here more than the NJ/NYC board lol It was a good run but I miss all my friends and family down in the MA..I also miss the food which is so much better than this area lol Plus the boardwalk, Atlantic City, going to sports games (Giants, Yankees) etc.. Only thing I'll really miss here is the snow lol I'll probably be moving sometime in August, September..

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Well it's been real guys.. Just signed the papers to sell my house back to the original owners..I'm heading back down to the jersey shore in hopes to eventually buy a house on the beach..I'll miss you fookers but I'm sure I'll be on here more than the NJ/NYC board lol It was a good run but I miss all my friends and family down in the MA..I also miss the food which is so much better than this area lol Plus the boardwalk, Atlantic City, going to sports games (Giants, Yankees) etc.. Only thing I'll really miss here is the snow lol I'll probably be moving sometime in August, September..

Wolf you love snow and cold more than anyone on these forums. :(

You have to move to Buffalo, we have the best food in the world. So many good restaurants here. You will be greatly missed, and appreciate everything you've done for this forum. I'll have to come to jersey shore sometime.

I'm kind of sad. You never got hit with a massive LES event while living over there. What was your biggest event? This could be the year! =(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Congratulations!  I will certainly miss your posts - it was fantastic to have someone posting from about a mile from my old house that we sold in the fall of 2012 (which seems like a lifetime ago!).  I still really like that area.  Nice and rural, good snow, but only 4-5mi from the convenience of Pulaski and 6-7mi from the mini-ocean of Lake Ontario.  Good luck with your new ventures!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys I appreciate it!!! But I'm not dying, at least I hope not lol

I still plan on contributing to the board even if I can't give an obs.. You will see me on here frequently, just not as crazy as before..It was a tough decision for sure but it's not easy being a city guy living in the country..I haven't seen family or friends in about 6 years.. I've dealt with a lot of shit over the last 3-4 months and I feel like I need a total lifestyle change..I never did see the"big one" but I had plenty of memorable times and I'll definitely miss it..I'm a bit OCD when it comes to model watching and chasing but once the event came it just never seem to give me what I was looking for lol I definitely missed out on more than I received in the 6 years I was here... Also never say never lol I've moved 3 times to NJ just to come back upstate..I was here for years under"mohawk valley" but just never contributed..I still plan on coming up at least once a year for the state fair..I may also try to convince my girl to go visit the tug during some epic events, become more of a chaser lol I'll definitely be rooting SE SE SE though haha.. Take it easy guys..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Thanks guys I appreciate it!!! But I'm not dying, at least I hope not lol

I still plan on contributing to the board even if I can't give an obs.. You will see me on here frequently, just not as crazy as before..It was a tough decision for sure but it's not easy being a city guy living in the country..I haven't seen family or friends in about 6 years.. I've dealt with a lot of shit over the last 3-4 months and I feel like I need a total lifestyle change..I never did see the"big one" but I had plenty of memorable times and I'll definitely miss it..I'm a bit OCD when it comes to model watching and chasing but once the event came it just never seem to give me what I was looking for lol I definitely missed out on more than I received in the 6 years I was here... Also never say never lol I've moved 3 times to NJ just to come back upstate..I was here for years under"mohawk valley" but just never contributed..I still plan on coming up at least once a year for the state fair..I may also try to convince my girl to go visit the tug during some epic events, become more of a chaser lol I'll definitely be rooting SE SE SE though haha.. Take it easy guys..

I feel you.  I am a country boy living in the big apple zone, but I keep one foot up north all winter.  Unfortunately for you a record winter up north is incoming while we get hit with 33 and rain down here.  It’s just how it is.  It’s the only circumstance where weather prognostication is 100% accurate.  

Buying a new snowmobile or snowblower are good predictors of a bad winter.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Congrats. Are you thinking the Atlantic City area?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Congrats. Are you thinking the Atlantic City area?

You mean Monopoly? Haha No I'm not heading that far south, more like ocean, Monmouth counties..For the first year or so I'll be living in interior Monmouth about 20 miles from the beach, actually not a terrible spot for coastal storms..

freehold_nj.gif

• Like 1

They have had some decent years all things considered and some pretty big stinkers lol

2008 - 2009, 26.8".            2009 - 2010, 74.2"               2010 - 2011, 61.1"  

2011 - 2012: 8.5"               2012 - 2013: 38.2”               2013 - 2014: 73.3" 
2014 - 2015: 54"                2015 - 2016: 40.9"              2016 - 2017: 28.7" 

2017 - 2018: 62.9”.   

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic