• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Yup, why would he want to start phase 1 on May 15th, too early. He know better than that. Whole NY should be on lockdown until July. Don't be surprised if we will see second wave by September. 

2 hours ago, brentrich said:

Yup, why would he want to start phase 1 on May 15th, too early. He know better than that. Whole NY should be on lockdown until July. Don't be surprised if we will see second wave by September. 

We will see a second wave and third wave and fourth wave Etc.  The goal was to flatten the curve. We flattened it. Hospitals are ready. Time to get back at it while maintaining the best social practices that we can.

No large scale concerts or sports for awhile still.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, brentrich said:

You’re 100% wrong. 
The only reason the lockdown even happened was to prevent hospitals from becoming overrun. The opposite happened, entire healthcare systems are going bankrupt due to the lack of patients. Tens of thousands have been laid off and even more have had salaries reduced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

You’re 100% wrong. 
The only reason the lockdown even happened was to prevent hospitals from becoming overrun. The opposite happened, entire healthcare systems are going bankrupt due to the lack of patients. Tens of thousands have been laid off and even more have had salaries reduced. 

This is more than the virus. This is now political. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

36 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This is more than the virus. This is now political. 

I think it is political but I also think there are people who legitimately feel that there will be a vaccine or treatment developed and that we should stay locked down until that happens. There’s no guarantee of that and this isn’t deadly enough to warrant such extreme measures. 

• Like 1

As the U.S. death toll nears 100,000, with unemployment soaring and people in some parts of the country still under coronavirus restrictions, a third of Americans are showing signs of clinical anxiety or depression, according to new Census Bureau data. After three months of fear and isolation, and amid continuing uncertainty, it’s the most definitive sign yet of the psychological toll exacted by the pandemic.

33 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

Cuomo sure likes repeating the same thing day after day anymore doesn't he?

I haven’t been listening daily but I just can’t understand how anyone can speak for even one full hour every single day for months on this subject.  The only thing that changes every day is a few statistics.  Seems like 3 minutes would be sufficient most days with a weekly big picture update.  I guess I’m just not a politician....

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is where we talk about the result of shutting down being worse then the virus itself. Buffalo has lost 23.3% of its private sector jobs. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/buffalo-suffers-the-third-worst-job-loss-in-the-nation-because-of-covid-19/71-f058cdc9-c5de-4800-95bd-50284eadbad3

I’d be surprised if we get half of those back. That’s also going stagnate salaries for those who didn’t lose their jobs. Insane. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

What unfolds in India over the next couple months will be nothing short of catastrophic. I'm surprised its taken this long to start exploding there but it has and they're going to end the lock-down anyways. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/world/asia/coronavirus-india-lockdown.html

Same with Brazil. 1k+ deaths a day. They are also entering their winter down there. Bad combination. 

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like most colleges and most likely schools will start back up in late August/early September for most of the country. Things will finally get back to normal. 

highly doubt it, don't get your hopes up

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic