• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

My wife just mentioned to me about 30 minutes ago that one if the day shift CNA'S tested positive today. She was last at the facility on Sunday so they're doing what they can to sanitize even more. I of course am concerned with my wife and children but also for the elderly residents...this could be bad.

• Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I would not be surprised if it were double those numbers in a week from now. Its just starting to spread through India...

Most of India is so 3rd World we'll never get an accurate accounting of what goes on there.  Other than I don't see how it won't be really ugly.

29 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Most of India is so 3rd World we'll never get an accurate accounting of what goes on there.  Other than I don't see how it won't be really ugly.

They actually have a robust public health system that has kept epidemics to a minimum (no small feat for a country with hundreds of millions of people living in genuine grinding subsistence poverty), but this is no match for them. Social distancing will be very difficult for the vast majority. I agree with you, this is almost certain to be very bad.

7 minutes ago, WNash said:

They actually have a robust public health system that has kept epidemics to a minimum (no small feat for a country with hundreds of millions of people living in genuine grinding subsistence poverty), but this is no match for them. Social distancing will be very difficult for the vast majority. I agree with you, this is almost certain to be very bad.

A person i work with and sit next to (usually) is from Kerala Province in India.  It's small and on the southwest coast of the country, relatively modern and has a good (and inexpensive) healthcare system.   He tells me that its a nice place, not hung up on the caste system and i've seen many photos so i believe him...but when you get outside of that area, and a few select others, it can be...well we've all seen the pics and videos...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I saw that a day or so ago. That's ballin! LOL. 

I'm nervous about the crew on CVN-71. USS Theodore Roosevelt.  I rode that on TDY between submarine assignments while I was in, and then as a civilian working for Lockheed Martin during pre-Iraq 2.0 Flight crew certs.  These guys are ****ed. They'll improvise something  but the military has a way of going out of their way to not take the common sense solutions to problems.   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-uss-theodore-roosevelt-captain-removal-quarantine-sailors-aircraft-carrier/

• Sad 1

Yep. It’s getting bad. IDK. Something really changed at the hospital today. It’s as if, all of a sudden, all of the patients started testing positive. You can just feel it. It’s as if someone flipped a switch. 
Next week or so is gonna be a ride. Hoping I can avoid it. Fortunately, we are getting re-stocked with PPE. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

865 deaths in the U.S. today, per Johns Hopkins.

Updated numbers show 912 deaths now. New York had almost 400 alone. :o

This is is definitely turning up quickly but hoping maybe yesterday was just a blip but did see nearly 100 new cases in Erie County yesterday as well, now closing in on 600 cases here even with the Erie  County Department of Health saying you will not get a test unless you are a healthcare worker, first responder, pregnant or elderly. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic