• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Sad story about a local Syracuse man who went missing during the SNIRT runs on the Tug this weekend. They found him dead. :( He had dementia...shouldn't have been doing that on his own. Such a sad deteriorating condition of the brain.

UPDATE: Missing man found dead (wwnytv.com)

That's the one disease that scares me the most. They are making some pretty big advancements medically on this front. My grandpa had this for a few years before he passed.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That's the one disease that scares me the most. They are making some pretty big advancements medically on this front. My grandpa had this for a few years before he passed.

I remember us chatting about it on this sub several months ago. My parents are 70 and 72 now, and my mom has very brief moments where she forgets something and I panic inside. I really think it's just an "age moment" for her and not dementia. I worked around dementia patients and their families for several years and it was so heartbreaking watching the discouragement and frustration from both sides of the relationship. Gardens and music were two amazing forms of therapy that I observed bringing peace for moments to those with the condition.

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Was thinking about setting up an invite only discord for our forum as it grows. Does anyone here use discord or would be interested in something like this?

Checking in from Molokai. Went off the the typical Hawaiian island tour and it was worth it. Almost no tourism here and today on a 2 mile beach with maybe a dozen people 

I’d be down for a discord. I use it for the markets and following geopolitics and I enjoy it. 

wife- Are you telling your weather board where you are? 

me- ya, is that weird 

wife- your name in that forum is mississaugasnow so no I just didn’t think they’d care about Hawaii since you guys love snow apparently 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Both grandmas of mine had it and my last grandma with it passed in January from it. She eventually moved in with my parents and passed away there. Seeing the progression from someone who loved our cottage and being outdoors to the final months was tough. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Checking in from Molokai. Went off the the typical Hawaiian island tour and it was worth it. Almost no tourism here and today on a 2 mile beach with maybe a dozen people 

I’d be down for a discord. I use it for the markets and following geopolitics and I enjoy it. 

me- ya, is that weird 

wife- your name in that forum is mississaugasnow so no I just didn’t think they’d care about Hawaii since you guys love snow apparently 

When she married you, she married us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Anytime my wife sees my typing furiously on my phone she knows it’s this forum. 

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

"Are you talking to 'that other woman' on OT again?!?!?!?"

8 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

me- ya, is that weird 

Studio_Project.thumb.jpeg.38e2c4d2123d78a682359960a8819805.jpeg

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Was thinking about setting up an invite only discord for our forum as it grows. Does anyone here use discord or would be interested in something like this?

Here is link to discord I sent quite a few of you messages. Anyone in upstate is welcome to join.

https://discord.gg/beHj3nSw

• Like 1

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Nice.  Took a trip there back in 2008 had a blast.  What destinations are you planning to visit?  

Most of the western coast as that's the most beautiful part of the island from what I'm hearing. Kind of a last minute trip so haven't started too much planning yet but leaving in a little over 3 weeks lol

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...