• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

2 hours ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Yep, maybe we can actually get some YAC this year from that position. I think that's where Beasley fell short bigtime last season. The wear and tear must be catching up.

It feels like Beasley has been in the league forever.  You're right; those hits take a toll, especially as an undersized receiver.  He got a lot of targets when he was on Dallas.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Lmao!  I love the internet.  Could be a good target for a young quarterback like Zach Wilson to have though.  Of course, it could go the other way if Hill throws fits when he's not getting the ball.  

I'm going to need to buy one of those preview magazines this year to remind myself of everything that happened in the offseason.  The draft is still a month away and we're still over five months from the regular season opening.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN

I got a buddy out in Joplin MO who's a huge chiefs fan, going to buy him a Hill jersey...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

You guys beat me to the punch lol

He's signing for 4 years 120 mill with 72 mill guaranteed..He is now the highest paid WR in the NFL..

Insane. I’m worried about diggs now. Hill also lives in Miami all off season so he got the best of both worlds here. Paid and lives at home. Hope we draft wr at #25

• Like 1

NY baseball teams have some pull or money haha..

New York City mayor Eric Adams reportedly will reverse "the private-sector vaccine mandate specifically for performers and athletes" in New York City on Thursday, according to Sally Goldenberg of Politico. 

That would mean that unvaccinated players like Kyrie Irving would once again be eligible to play home games in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, just in time for the upcoming NBA playoffs. 

It would also mean that unvaccinated players on the New York Yankees and Mets would be eligible to play home games when the MLB season begins in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

@wolfie09is this area a decent spot? Not to familiar with down in your hood 

6D961FF2-6A50-476C-9271-16EACAFD980F.png

Yeah dude that's still pulaski or "fernwood", pretty much the same weather as here.. Early in the season could be some issues with the warm lake..TBH it all depends on which way the wind blows lol Each year is different, once outside the tug it's pretty much equal footing for the lower elevations.. Obviously being a little farther east of 81 would be beneficial as well..Area wise it's nice, country oriented with low crime, just minutes from 81 and lake Ontario..The village isn't NYC but it has all you need besides a hospital (Oswego).. Location wise you would be 30 min from Watertown, 25 from OSWEGO, 35 to syracuse (25-30 to the burbs) and around 35 min from Fulton..So you have plenty of other shopping or dinning destinations.. Good luck with the search my man..I would just advise to find the house that fits you and not necessarily snow chase unless it's the tug haha, litterly any location can get it depending on the year.. Unfortunately this area really underperformed this year...

15 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

NY baseball teams have some pull or money haha..

New York City mayor Eric Adams reportedly will reverse "the private-sector vaccine mandate specifically for performers and athletes" in New York City on Thursday, according to Sally Goldenberg of Politico. 

That would mean that unvaccinated players like Kyrie Irving would once again be eligible to play home games in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, just in time for the upcoming NBA playoffs. 

It would also mean that unvaccinated players on the New York Yankees and Mets would be eligible to play home games when the MLB season begins in April. 

Adams is a clown.  Just a few days ago, he doubled down on the mandate and said that he wasn't concerned about athletes or fans.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah dude that's still pulaski or "fernwood", pretty much the same weather as here.. Early in the season could be some issues with the warm lake..TBH it all depends on which way the wind blows lol Each year is different, once outside the tug it's pretty much equal footing for the lower elevations.. Obviously being a little farther east of 81 would be beneficial as well..Area wise it's nice, country oriented with low crime, just minutes from 81 and lake Ontario..The village isn't NYC but it has all you need besides a hospital (Oswego).. Location wise you would be 30 min from Watertown, 25 from OSWEGO, 35 to syracuse (25-30 to the burbs) and around 35 min from Fulton..So you have plenty of other shopping or dinning destinations.. Good luck with the search my man..I would just advise to find the house that fits you and not necessarily snow chase unless it's the tug haha, litterly any location can get it depending on the year.. Unfortunately this area really underperformed this year...

Ooo yea I’d never just base it off snow, but def something I take into consideration lol. I’m just traumatized over the lowville shadow. So just want an area that gets hit good with lake effect 

22 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Ooo yea I’d never just base it off snow, but def something I take into consideration lol. I’m just traumatized over the lowville shadow. So just want an area that gets hit good with lake effect 

Low elevation-wise, Volney to Mexico is one of the best spots in Oswego county and this general snowbelt for Lake effect snow.

• Like 1

The real"snowbelt" is just east of pulaski and the 81 corridor, like Altmar/Orwell area, elevation between 500-800'ASL.. Unfortunately you won't find much out that way.. This obviously doesn't include the last couple garbage years.. Outside of that it depends on the year, some years Fulton has had 50" more than mexico and vice versa..We are at the mercy of the wind direction lol 

avgsnowbufcwa (4).png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The real"snowbelt" is just east of pulaski and the 81 corridor, like Altmar/Orwell area, elevation between 500-800'ASL.. Unfortunately you won't find much out that way.. This obviously doesn't include the last couple garbage years.. Outside of that it depends on the year, some years Fulton has had 50" more than mexico and vice versa..We are at the mercy of the wind direction lol 

avgsnowbufcwa (4).png

And cold air which is hard to find now adays. 

• Like 1