• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

18 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Hey B dubs, did you see this article?  Reminded me of when you had your incident last year, or two years ago.  That pre workout stuff is dangerous...  This poor guy really screwed up though...

https://www.ksat.com/news/2022/03/06/personal-trainer-dies-from-caffeine-overdose-equaling-200-cups-of-coffee-reports-say/

I did see this. I haven’t taken any since that incident. I took preworkout for 6 years straight. I keep my daily dosage below 500 mg a day now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, matt8204 said:

Carson Wentz to the Washington Commanders.  This is his third team and he's back in the NFC East where his career began.  Curious to see who the Colts will acquire.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carson-wentz-is-not-the-answer-for-the-washington-commanders-but-the-price-was-right/ar-AAUQZnQ

Havent liked him since he was a baby about Foles winning the Superbowl.

• Like 1

Officially a season ticket holder can't wait! @Buckeyes_Suck We gotta meet up for a pregame beer this upcoming season. 

Also just found out I won a trip at work to Florida in June for being a top 3% employee, if only they gave me more than a 2% raise...:lol:

You really need to change jobs to make more money. I get comfortable and don't do well with change. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Officially a season ticket holder can't wait! @Buckeyes_Suck We gotta meet up for a pregame beer this upcoming season. 

Also just found out I won a trip at work to Florida in June for being a top 3% employee, if only they gave me more than a 2% raise...:lol:

You really need to change jobs to make more money. I get comfortable and don't do well with change. 

Congrats on joining the club! I'm game, we have a pretty nice tailgating spot not far from the players entrance.

Agree with you on the change of jobs. Both my wife and I moved a couple times before we got the pay and benefits we were looking for. It sucks but its usually the only way to do it effectively.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Havent liked him since he was a baby about Foles winning the Superbowl.

Yeah, I don't know what he's got anyway.  The article I posted indicated that he's probably just a guy who will keep the seat warm for the next quarterback unless he really kills it.  It's a thin market for quarterbacks now that Rogers is staying in Green Bay and Wilson went to Denver.  The draft class for QB's doesn't sound that impressive either.  

I'm hearing the Giants might bring in Trubisky as "competition" for Daniel Jones.  Not sure about that one.

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Congratulations on both fronts!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Screenshot_20220310-152301.png

Some of the rule changes..

MLB had pushed for expanding the postseason to 12 teams -- a plan to which the MLBPA agreed. Additionally, player uniforms will feature advertising for the first time, with patches on jerseys and decals on batting helmets.

Other elements of the deal include:

• A 45-day window for MLB to implement rules changes -- among them a pitch clock, ban on shifts and larger bases in the 2023 season

• The National League adopting the designated hitter

• A draft lottery implemented with the intent of discouraging tanking

• Draft-pick inducements to discourage service-time manipulation

• Limiting the number of times a player can be optioned to the minor leagues in one season

12 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Jack Eichel is such a whiny baby. Dude got beat bad tonight. Tuch and Krebs both scored and came from Vegas in a trade. Did anyone listen to his post game presser? Time to burn my Eichel jersey.

Need to give the fans something to get loud about, Jack.  I understand his injury issues but I think it's unfair to bash the fans.  Buffalo loves the Sabres but they're beaten down by so many years of failure and ineptitude.  That city would lose it if the Sabres made another deep Cup run or ever won it all.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, matt8204 said:

Need to give the fans something to get loud about, Jack.  I understand his injury issues but I think it's unfair to bash the fans.  Buffalo loves the Sabres but they're beaten down by so many years of failure and ineptitude.  That city would lose it if the Sabres made another deep Cup run or ever won it all.  

The stadium was really loud the first few seasons he was here. His body language and attitude was terrible from the get go. So glad hes gone. 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:15 PM, matt8204 said:

Glad they came to their senses.  Would have been idiotic to lose games over what they were fighting about.  I'm more of a casual baseball fan but I'm happy for the true diehards.

I'm glad MLB is using a pitch clock. Also should enforce batters staying in the box between pitches.  This BS where they step out to adjust every pitch and then the pitchers being slow is intolerable. Baseball is long enough without the human rain days and drama queens. If they can't play fast, quit the game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Haha figured this would happen..

Screenshot_20220313-194709.png

This guy loves the attention.  The initial retirement controversy happened right around Super Bowl week, now he announces his return on Selection Sunday for the NCAA tournament.  I'm sure that was calculated in an attempt to upstage those events.  

transparent.png
Yankees Acquire INF Josh Donaldson, INF Isiah Kiner-Falefa and C Ben Rortvedt from Minnesota

The New York Yankees announced last night that they have acquired INF Josh Donaldson, INF Isiah Kiner-Falefa and C Ben Rortvedt from the Minnesota Twins in exchange for C Gary Sánchez and INF Gio Urshela. 

I have mixed feelings about this trade.  I initially was a supporter of Gary Sanchez but after last year it became apparent that he was never going to be the player the Yankees hoped.  I have a little remorse for trading Urshela since he was a likable guy.  But it was apparent that he was reverting to the hitter he was before he came to the Yankees.  His glove will be missed.  Barring any additional moves the Yankee’s infield will be radically different this year.  Donaldson is at the end of his career.  Five years ago he was a helluva player but what does he have left in the tank?  He will also cost $50 million over the next 2 years when he will be 39.  Kiner-Falefa I’m not sure about but he is no Jeter.  Rortvedt is young, the Yankees must see something in him.  Im not sure if they project him to be their starting catcher or platoon with Kyle Higashioka.  I think this isn’t the last of the moves Cashman is going to make before opening day  

• Like 1

Ikf is a very good defensive player and just a "stop Gap" till the Yankees top prospect volpe gets called up ..

The 26-year-old won the 2020 Rawlings American League Gold Glove Award at third base, along with the Rangers 2020 Player of the Year Award, as voted on by the Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America. He transitioned to shortstop in 2021 and posted a .972 fielding percentage (19E/669TC) at the position, leading Major League shortstops in total chances (669), assists (436) and double plays turned (98). Kiner-Falefa also ranked tied for third among MLB shortstops with 10 defensive runs saved, per The Fielding Bible, trailing only Houston’s Carlos Correa (20) and Minnesota’s Andrelton Simmons (15). Additionally, he has played 73 career Major League games at catcher, posting a .996 fielding percentage in 586.0 innings behind the plate with just 2E and 8 passed balls.