• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Thing that bugs me the most about the already infamous final 13 seconds is letting Kelsey run free and uncovered on the last completion. How is that even possible?  There needs to be 2 guys on him and Hill. Hold them if you have to, it’s only 5 yards. And the Bills called a TO right before that play too. 

Those last two minutes were like a madden game set on arcade mode with rookie difficulty...  I just still cant comprehend how we lost the game... 3 different times?  just a dagger tonight... sucks the trip is over but at least we have a winning team to keep building around.  Allen Mahomes is going to be like??? Kelly Marino?  That was the top 8 QB rivalry from an NFLcom article,  #1 was Brady and Manning... Allen Mahomes could challenge that this next decade!     

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Those last two minutes were like a madden game set on arcade mode with rookie difficulty...  I just still cant comprehend how we lost the game... 3 different times?  just a dagger tonight... sucks the trip is over but at least we have a winning team to keep building around.  Allen Mahomes is going to be like??? Kelly Marino?  That was the top 8 QB rivalry from an NFLcom article,  #1 was Brady and Manning... Allen Mahomes could challenge that this next decade!     

Both couldn't win the big one though. I had a lot of fun attending the games this year and got seasons already for next season. With Allen we make the playoffs every year going forward. We searched 2 decades for our next franchise QB after Kelly and finally found him. The only bright spot. I'm just so sick of losing games in the last 10-20 seconds. I was celebrating like I was going to AFC Champ game next week, but nope Frazier pulled it all away with pathetic play calling.

Just think if we beat the Jaguars we had tonights game at home and likely pull it out. That stadium definitely had an impact on the game.

• Like 1

Another good point was why not hold kelce and hill on purpose and take the 5 yard penalty and force the hailmary? So many "what ifs"...

What Buffalo really should have done was the Harbaugh Maneuver: Tackle all eligible receivers at the snap. You get hit for 5 yard penalty - and 5 seconds roll off the clock.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Both couldn't win the big one though. I had a lot of fun attending the games this year and got seasons already for next season. With Allen we make the playoffs every year going forward. We searched 2 decades for our next franchise QB after Kelly and finally found him. The only bright spot. I'm just so sick of losing games in the last 10-20 seconds. I was celebrating like I was going to AFC Champ game next week, but nope Frazier pulled it all away with pathetic play calling.

Confirm frazier fail.  Good bye.  

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Hell of a game last night. Allen is the real deal!  Won't even get into the OT rules.... Was hoping for a Cincy vs Bills afc championship like in 88.  As a Bengals fan, there is room on our fellow market team bandwagon for the playoffs ;)

I'm rooting for the Bengals hard on Sunday but I have a feeling that the Chiefs are going to roll.  

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, I was looking up average snowfall for Bristol Mountain, south of Rochester. I found information that says they average 120 to 130 inches. I am skeptical of this amount. I feel that ski resorts tend to inflate their amounts to attract guests. Curious if anybody who frequents there, or the Rochester crew (perhaps Delta?) can give any legitimacy to this data. I'm sure they can get some orographic enhancement, but the wind isn't often at a trajectory off the lakes to benefit them.

Bristol Mountain Ski Resort - Wikipedia

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Out of curiosity, I was looking up average snowfall for Bristol Mountain, south of Rochester. I found information that says they average 120 to 130 inches. I am skeptical of this amount. I feel that ski resorts tend to inflate their amounts to attract guests. Curious if anybody who frequents there, or the Rochester crew (perhaps Delta?) can give any legitimacy to this data. I'm sure they can get some orographic enhancement, but the wind isn't often at a trajectory off the lakes to benefit them.

I would say thats about right. They do good on a west sw wind and a nnw wind. Plus they get snow in fall and spring lowlands don't get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I think this is reasonable. I had a season pass there for years and have a coworker that lives right at the top of that hill. They often have more snow than surrouding locations. As Tim mentioned they pick up quite a bit of elevation dependent snow during late fall and especially in April. I’ve definitely been there before where it’s raining at the base and snowing halfway up. A definite micro climate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cny rider said:

My wife and I just took our golden and went for a lovely 2 hour ski.

I spent at least half of the time thinking to myself “How the f*** can you not kill 13 seconds?”

All day long with my friends...squib kick it...squib kick it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tim123 said:

I would say thats about right. They do good on a west sw wind and a nnw wind. Plus they get snow in fall and spring lowlands don't get.

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I think this is reasonable. I had a season pass there for years and have a coworker that lives right at the top of that hill. They often have more snow than surrouding locations. As Tim mentioned they pick up quite a bit of elevation dependent snow during late fall and especially in April. I’ve definitely been there before where it’s raining at the base and snowing halfway up. A definite micro climate. 

Thanks, guys. It must be an extreme microclimate. It would be interesting to see how much snow differs from there and other locales nearby...and how much it decreases over certain distances and elevations. We know Penn Yan and Geneva have some of the lower average snowfalls in the area.

Not sure if anyone listens to Mad Dog Russo on Sirius Ch. 82 but his show today was legendary recapping the weekend NFL games.  The best part was him tearing apart post game shows (none of  Rodgers 17 minute interview on NFL Network, just stupid replays and chit chat) and... destroying Tony Romo in an all time rant at 1:45 mins into the recorded version. OMGLOFL. So right. Romo got the squib call spot on but FFS shut the f*ck up otherwise. With 2 minutes left in the game at 11 pm at night in an all time classic... Romo is blithering about Josh Allen's legacy not once or twice but three times!   And the scribbling on the telescreen...just stop.  I thought that was idiotic also at the time. Allen is 24 years old, FFS. Romo is so godawful. 

• Like 2

A good post from a Chiefs fan on another board where they discuss our coaching staff.

The Bills should clean house, and the reason I say this is I’m a Chiefs fan and Buffalo has put together a top 5 front office and coaching staff combination in the league.  Nothing would make me happier than to see a rival hoisted by its own petard.

Some here can’t see past the end of their noses.  It took a solid coaching job to have this be a close game at the end.  Kansas City led nearly the entire game.  After every single one of their possessions the Chiefs were either tied or had the lead.  Kansas City had 130 more yards of offense than the Bills did, and neither team turned the ball over or had penalty issues.  That the game was a coin flip with only a few minutes remaining is a testament to the fact that McDermott and company pulled a LOT of correct levers.  They were aggressive on fourth down, took the short stuff early before taking the top off the defense later, and cleaned up with Davis when the Chiefs took away Diggs.

There are a million ways to second guess the strategy at the end, and mistakes were made, but you’ve got to view the situation in totality.  Y’all weren’t playing Detroit.  You were on the road playing a team that has hosted the last 3 AFCCGs coached by a future HOFer.  In the same game last season, you saw Hill take a short pass for 70 yards and Hardman bust a run for 50 yards.  A few weeks ago, these coaches saw Kelce end the game by taking a short pass 60 yards for a house call.  In just this game, Hill had already taken a short pass for a 65 yard TD and nearly scored on a long punt return.  You think they remembered that when deciding not to play press coverage at the end?  I sure do.

It didn’t work, and that’s football.  A HOF coach called plays for a HOF QB to pass to a HOF WR and HOF TE, and a K who had missed 2 kicks in the game made a 48 yarder outdoors in January.  Sucks to be on the wrong end of it, but only one team can win.  You want to see true screw ups?  Watch the Cowboys run a draw play to run out the clock down 7.  Watch the Packers only send out 10 players to block a game winning FG coming out of a timeout.  Those are inexcusable screw ups.  The end of game strategy last night is one you’d like a do-over on.  In the end, you had 11 exhausted defensive players come up agonizingly short against another great team.

You don’t tear down the foundation of the (second?) best team in the NFL because they lost by an eyelash in what might be literally the greatest football game ever played.  But if you do, I’ll celebrate.

• Like 2