• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Just now, Syrmax said:

Big missed opp for Bills. Noone thinks Cincy is winning next week. And for that matter, Rams and SF? I don't think either of them could beat Bills or KC.  

Heard a few analysts say this game could have been the super bowl match up as they were the only 2 real teams this year.  KC will destroy Cinncy and whoever comes from the NFC. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGM Blizzard said:

Ideally they shoulda kicked it deep but not into the endzone... like the 5 or 10 yard line to make him field it and run for few seconds. Or atleast if the runner gave himself up they'd be at the 10 or 15 to start instead of the 25. Who knows if it would have changed the outcome.

True. Would've given the Bills more field margin given the defense they played there.  Which was inexplicably awful.

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Heard a few analysts say this game could have been the super bowl match up as they were the only 2 real teams this year.  KC will destroy Cinncy and whoever comes from the NFC. 

KC and Cincy will probably be another shootout. First to 40 wins. They went back and forth in a 34-31 game just a few weeks ago in Cincinatti. Both teams are playing at the top of their game right now and Cincy although inexperienced is playing with nothing to lose as no one expects them to win.

Just now, BGM Blizzard said:

KC and Cincy will probably be another shootout. First to 40 wins. They went back and forth in a 34-31 game just a few weeks ago in Cincinatti. Both teams are playing at the top of their game right now and Cincy although inexperienced is playing with nothing to lose as no one expects them to win.

KC is going to destroy Cincy. Cincys offensive line is terrible.

Just now, CNY_WX said:

If Mahomes plays like this the rest of the way KC will be Super Bowl champions. 

Yeah, these were the 2 best teams we saw this weekend, and last weekend for that matter. 

I wouldn't draw huge conclusions based on the last few minutes of the game...other than Allen and Mahomes are real big time ballers. The game was out an out of control train for both teams from 2 minutes and in.

• Like 1

Actually, the more i think about it, the Bills coaching decisions were what lost that. The lack of squib kick and then a ridiculous prevent defense.  Romo even pointed out that Bills had 4 rushers on the 1st or 2nd play at 0:13. You only rush 3 if ur gonna do that...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Actually, the more i think about it, the Bills coaching decisions were what lost that. The lack of squib kick and then a ridiculous prevent defense.  Romo even pointed out that Bills had 4 rushers on the 1st or 2nd play at 0:13. You only rush 3 if ur gonna do that...

If they squib kick brings the clock down to 6 seconds with 1 play instead of 2. 13 seconds allowed 2 plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If they squib kick brings the clock down to 6 seconds with 1 play instead of 2. 13 seconds allowed 2 plays.

Maybe...unless the receiver gives himself up right away, in which case maybe only 1, at most 2 seconds comes off. But field position probably worse. And if he mishandled kick at all, yeah, would've chewed up more time. Special teams blew it for GB, this was more subtle.

Really good post in the sports section at bottom

But if you take several seconds off the clock with a runback, the Chiefs probably would have had only enough time for 1 play rather than 2. That makes a big difference. Tony Romo made the point before the play that it should have been a short kick, and that ended up being right on the money. 2 plays gives you a much better chance to get into FG range than 1.

But man, that was a game for the ages. The best playoff game I've ever seen and probably the best QB battle ever. As Romo said, this was probably the most perfect QB play on both sides that you'll ever see. Both QBs were basically Superman. It was unbelievable to watch.

I do think it's really a shame though that an epic playoff game like this can come down to a coin toss. I was glad that Jim Nantz really hammered the coin toss rule there at the end of the broadcast. When you have 2 QBs playing at this off the charts level, there's very little chance of the defense stopping them. You know the QB that has the ball last will win the game, so you knew it was a Chiefs win when they won the coin toss. I really feel bad for Allen and the Bills. I really hope this causes the NFL to change the rule. It should at least change for playoff games. You should not have playoff games coming down to a coin toss. An outcome like this is going to happen too often due to today's dymamic young QBs that are so great that you know they're going win the game if they get the coin toss. This rule needs to change for playoff games.

19 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Armpittsburgh has enough

After the Seattle v Pittsburgh Super Bowl, which the Steelers won, I was open to the idea that someone bought off a game official or two.  And I am a neutral.  I don't recall ever seeing a game of that magnitude with so many big time penalties, and ref decisions,  in key spots being so one-sided.  Seattle still could have overcome the refs but choked away chances.  Their margins for error though was cut to nothing. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Thing that bugs me the most about the already infamous final 13 seconds is letting Kelsey run free and uncovered on the last completion. How is that even possible?  There needs to be 2 guys on him and Hill. Hold them if you have to, it’s only 5 yards. And the Bills called a TO right before that play too. 

Agree.  But thats what kelce does.  Everyone is looking at mahomes and then kelce disappears from view. Then he has the ball suddenly.  If you take your eye off mahomes then HE goes off.  Kelce has a habit of showing up in the second half. No one has really figured out how to defend them.