• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I went to all but one home game this year and the weather played a massive role in every game aside from the home opener. Those are some cold games at end of the year. 

D133BFFE-B6D2-4EA0-89CF-638F5AE12011.jpeg

Nice chart.  I was just thinking that earlier how it seemed like almost every home game had weather impacts.  

Wow what a chargers vs raiders game lol

Whoever won was in +Pittsburgh but if they tied both got in and not Pittsburgh..

Chargers tied the the game with zero seconds left, both teams exchanged FGs in OT.. With 2 minutes left the raiders looked like they were running the clock out lol Unfortunately for the chargers they couldn't stop the run and let up a fg with 2 seconds to go.. Unreal game..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Wow what a chargers vs raiders game lol

Whoever won was in +Pittsburgh but if they tied both got in and not Pittsburgh..

Chargers tied the the game with zero seconds left, both teams exchanged FGs in OT.. With 2 minutes left the raiders looked like they were running the clock out lol Unfortunately for the chargers they couldn't stop the run and let up a fg with 2 seconds to go.. Unreal game..

Craziest game I’ve ever seen, literal insanity. Chargers idiot coach called a timeout out for some reason and cost them the game. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Craziest game I’ve ever seen, literal insanity. Chargers idiot coach called a timeout out for some reason and cost them the game. 

That was entertaining!  I was rooting for a tie once that became very possible.  That timeout was odd but then they gave up that 8-10 yd run to make it a 47 yd FG attempt.  Without that play, it's a low probability FG attempt. They may have decided to just take a knee rather than risk a blocked FG being returned and not making the playoffs...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That was entertaining!  I was rooting for a tie once that became very possible.  That timeout was odd but then they gave up that 8-10 yd run to make it a 47 yd FG attempt.  Without that play, it's a low probability FG attempt. They may have decided to just take a knee rather than risk a blocked FG being returned and not making the playoffs...

Yeah good point but post game interview made it seem like the Raiders were going to run the clock out before that timeout. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah good point but post game interview made it seem like the Raiders were going to run the clock out before that timeout. 

I heard chatter, speculation about that but not sure the Raiders coach owned up to that?  Would raise a sh*tstorm ...

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

They ran the ball on 3rd and 6 from inside the 50, I think like 40 seconds left..They definitely were content with the tie lol All the chargers had to do was stop the 3rd and 6 lol Instead they let up a big run..

Yeah I thought this too watching the game and series everything changed with that timeout. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Dave gettleman "retired" lol Good riddance..

Should never hire a Bostonian to coach a NY/NJ team, probably sabotaged the team on purpose lol

I can't believe Dolphins fired their coach, they went 8-1 in last 9 games.

Per Tom Pelissero, The #Bears Have Requested To Interview #Bills Defensive Coodinator Leslie Frazier for Their Head Coaching Vacancy.
Frazier coordinated one the best defenses in the #NFL in 2021, as #Buffalo was atop the league in Yardage Allowed, Points Allowed as well as Passing Yardage Allowed.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I can't believe Dolphins fired their coach, they went 8-1 in last 9 games.

What a mistake. Flores is a terrific coach whose only problem was a meddling owner. He should be coach of the year for doing as well as he did despite Ross’s interference.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flying MXZ said:

Yea, wtf?  It's hard being a Dolphin fan recently.

Tua better get out of there before they ruin him.  I can't understand how you fire a coach who almost got you to the playoffs after a 1-7 start.  Would have been only the second time that a team starting off that poorly got to the postseason.  The 1970 Bengals won the AFC Central after opening the season 1-6.  

Meanwhile, Joe Bleeping Judge keeps his job after a 4-13 season where the Giants looked worse with each passing week.  The NFL can be a strange business.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, matt8204 said:

Tua better get out of there before they ruin him.  I can't understand how you fire a coach who almost got you to the playoffs after a 1-7 start.  Would have been only the second time that a team starting off that poorly got to the postseason.  The 1970 Bengals won the AFC Central after opening the season 1-6.  

Meanwhile, Joe Bleeping Judge keeps his job after a 4-13 season where the Giants looked worse with each passing week.  The NFL can be a strange business.  

Yeah, likely more mistakes from NYG Ownership keeping Judge IMO.  If you're changing GMs and need to revamp (again) why  not let the new GM be involved with Staff selection?  Or maybe they already have chosen a new GM behind the scenes and he is ok with Judge. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah, likely more mistakes from NYG Ownership keeping Judge IMO.  If you're changing GMs and need to revamp (again) why  not let the new GM be involved with Staff selection?  Or maybe they already have chosen a new GM behind the scenes and he is ok with Judge. 

That's a possibility.  You have to tell the GM that he won't get to pick his own coach if he wants the job, at least not right away.  It's probably just as well because I don't think the Giants will be good next year regardless...but to me, it's pretty clear that  Judge doesn't have the chops.  They'll start 0-6 or 1-5 and he'll get the ax. I just think the organization needs to clean house and get a fresh start.  They've lost their way as a franchise and clearly need new voices in there.  They're in a tough division also.  Dallas is usually good (even though they haven't won the whole thing in a long time), Philly's rebuild seems ahead of schedule and Washington even looked decent at times this season.  This isn't going to be easy.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matt8204 said:

That's a possibility.  You have to tell the GM that he won't get to pick his own coach if he wants the job, at least not right away.  It's probably just as well because I don't think the Giants will be good next year regardless...but to me, it's pretty clear that  Judge doesn't have the chops.  They'll start 0-6 or 1-5 and he'll get the ax. I just think the organization needs to clean house and get a fresh start.  They've lost their way as a franchise and clearly need new voices in there.  They're in a tough division also.  Dallas is usually good (even though they haven't won the whole thing in a long time), Philly's rebuild seems ahead of schedule and Washington even looked decent at times this season.  This isn't going to be easy.  

100%.  Maybe the Dolphins ex-HC is a better option than Judge? He seemed to have no problem turning 1-7 into 8-9...

Giants are attritioning their younger fan base.  This is part of why there are so many Stealer, Cowboy, Raiders and Dolphins fans in my generation, from the northeast writ large. In the 60s and 70s the Giants, Jets, Bills and Patriots mainly stunk. So younger people gravitated to the successful teams of that era.  Call it front running but it is what it is.  I myself haven't sat down to watch more than than a handful of full Giants matches in 3 or 4 years, esp after about mid-season when they're 6/7 losses deep.  What's the point?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

100%.  Maybe the Dolphins ex-HC is a better option than Judge? He seemed to have no problem turning 1-7 into 8-9...

Giants are attritioning their younger fan base.  This is part of why there are so many Stealer, Cowboy, Raiders and Dolphins fans in my generation, from the northeast writ large. In the 60s and 70s the Giants, Jets, Bills and Patriots mainly stunk. So younger people gravitated to the successful teams of that era.  Call it front running but it is what it is.  I myself haven't sat down to watch more than than a handful of full Giants matches in 3 or 4 years, esp after about mid-season when they're 6/7 losses deep.  What's the point?  

I'd definitely kick the tires on Flores...but someone else is probably going to swoop in and hire him.  He'll land on his feet.  

No question about that.  My uncle is a Steelers fan for that very reason.  He's 57 and always saw the Steelers playing in big games in the 70's while he was growing up.  The Giants and Jets were so hideous, they were a complete afterthought.  When you're young, it's embarrassing to root for a bad team also.  I remember a lot of kids my age (I'm 39) being huge Cowboys and 49ers fans in the 90's.  Everyone had their Starter jackets.  You need to give people a reason to care, a reason to watch.  Your real diehards will always be there but you're going to lose a lot of other people.  How can you get excited about a team that's out of contention for all intents and purposes by Halloween every season?  Nobody expects a Super Bowl or conference championship every season but at least be interesting and competitive.  The worst thing for a sports franchise is to be bad, boring and irrelevant.  

• Thanks 1

Buffalo area crew any intel you can share on the snowpack situation around Chestnut Ridge park?

We are coming out for a long weekend sports doubleheader.  Bills Saturday night and Sabres Monday afternoon.

I was thinking of taking the kids sledding and/or XC skiing there on Sunday.

Is there any snow?

Any other suggestions for a family with 3 young teen daughters appreciated.:)

We are already planning skating and curling Sunday morning at Canalside.

9 minutes ago, cny rider said:

Buffalo area crew any intel you can share on the snowpack situation around Chestnut Ridge park?

We are coming out for a long weekend sports doubleheader.  Bills Saturday night and Sabres Monday afternoon.

I was thinking of taking the kids sledding and/or XC skiing there on Sunday.

Is there any snow?

Any other suggestions for a family with 3 young teen daughters appreciated.:)

We are already planning skating and curling Sunday morning at Canalside.

Could change but there really isn't any snow there right now. 

They didn't get much and then the warmup melted what was left. 

The parks in the clarence/akron area have snow still, I took the dogs for a hike at Tillman Wildlife Preserve Sunday and there were XC skiers. We got a solid2-3" last night on top of what was left over from the lake effect. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If the Bills lose I'll have to hear how Mac Jones is the next Brady for the next 6 months while throwing for 11 yards on 2/4 passing. All I want this year is a Bills win. 

Pretty sure if the bills lose people will be throwing themselves off the upper deck. Its going to look like the Matrix Resurrections

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Pretty sure if the bills lose people will be throwing themselves off the upper deck. Its going to look like the Matrix Resurrections

If the pats win I hope I’m too drunk to remember it and I wake up forgetting what happened the night before. Current tailgate has 20 people so far and growing gonna be insane 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1