• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

8 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

Time to start hitting the panic button, or just a bump in the road?

Panic. This team stinks. They can beat the bottom feeders. Can’t beat anyone that’s even decent. Today was an embarrassment. If I was at the game sitting in 38 degree rain and 30mph winds to watch that I would have been so pissed. This team has a lot of work to do. Putrid offensive line. Below average running backs. Defensive line still can’t get pressure on opposing QBs . Our team just loses in the trenches, makes stupid penalties in critical times, and time management is a joke. 

14 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

Time to start hitting the panic button, or just a bump in the road?

I'm close to punching the panic button.

The offensive line is a sieve.  Josh is handling that poorly.

And one stupid undisciplined penalty after another.  What happened to "the process"?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Panic. This team stinks. They can beat the bottom feeders. Can’t beat anyone that’s even decent. Today was an embarrassment. If I was at the game sitting in 38 degree rain and 30mph winds to watch that I would have been so pissed. This team has a lot of work to do. Putrid offensive line. Below average running backs. Defensive line still can’t get pressure on opposing QBs . Our team just loses in the trenches, makes stupid penalties in critical times, and time management is a joke. 

I was at the game. The worst game I've ever been too. It seems every Sunday it rains at the Ralph. It definitely doesn't favor a team designed to run 4 wideout sets. The ground and pound teams like Titans, Colts, Patriots, Steelers run all over us in these conditions. It doesn't help that our D line can't stop the run and our O line sucks as well. The weather has really effected the team this year. If we had a dome I think we keep todays game close.

Anyone know how to check weather conditions for each game this season? I've gone to every game except Miami and only remember the home opener being somewhat nice out. It has been windy and moderate/heavy rain every other game. Our RBS suck so it puts us at a massive disadvantage. I love going to games in the snow, but think ill be voting for a dome with the new stadium.

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone know how to check weather conditions for each game this season? I've gone to every game except Miami and only remember the home opener being somewhat nice out. It has been windy and moderate/heavy rain every other game. Our RBS suck so it puts us at a massive disadvantage. I love going to games in the snow, but think ill be voting for a dome with the new stadium.

I can't tell if our RB's really suck or if it's the offensive line being so bad that kills the run game.

The RB's are typically getting wrapped up right at or even before the line of scrimmage.

And on defense:  I can't tell you exactly what Star does on every play, he's kind of a quiet guy but he has a huge impact.  The defense is so much better particularly against the run when he is in there.

1 hour ago, cny rider said:

I can't tell if our RB's really suck or if it's the offensive line being so bad that kills the run game.

The RB's are typically getting wrapped up right at or even before the line of scrimmage.

And on defense:  I can't tell you exactly what Star does on every play, he's kind of a quiet guy but he has a huge impact.  The defense is so much better particularly against the run when he is in there.

Star takes up 2 lineman when hes playing, we 100% miss him. We have no replacement for him, phillips sucks. All the invested capital in the dline hasn't done much this year. We should have used those picks on O line. I think our RBS suck, Brieda looked good when he was in yesterday. Moss is slower than me and Singletary isnt much quicker. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

The craziest thing about this is that half the hospitalized are vaxd, which means this will literally never end.

image.thumb.png.35ced1501d4898f98759ae0ed8c1710b.png

So what's the answer?  Are they doing research to make the vaccine more effective?  Is the booster now the thing that will tip the scales?  I got vaccinated and will take the booster when my time comes but I'm not feeling too great about it right now.  I hope to God we don't have shutdowns again like they're having in Germany and Austria.  We can't keep turning the light switch on and off.  It's terrible for society.  We just have to deal with this smartly, take the precautions and move on with our lives.  I feel awful for anyone who becomes seriously ill or dies but this clearly isn't going away, at least not right now.  I read about the Spanish Flu and during that pandemic, there will still flareups about two years after it began before things finally abated.  Might be a rough winter but hopefully things improve afterwards.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, the boosters were not 'tuned' for Delta. They are basically the same as the first doses. However, I read some of the data and it appears that a 'boost', especially for those with weaker immune responses to the original vaccines, can bring the efficacy back up into the 80s% range for Delta.

Think about this for a moment, there is some good news about the Delta variant. Because it's so contagious, it's taken over 95+% of the new cases. It would take an even more contagious version to overtake it OR a variant that is majorly resistant to the current vax - BOTH of these scenarios can be prevented by getting every available vaccine to large 3rd world populations to prevent the India-level event that spawned Delta (I don't particularly like the WHO, but they are absolutely right about this one). Every wealthy country should be flying BUS LOADS of vaccines to these areas EVERY DAY.

If all stays status quo in the world, Delta will burn out and COVID 19 will finally be behind us by end of mid-Spring (my guess).

Can I get an AMEN? ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Unfortunately, the boosters were not 'tuned' for Delta. They are basically the same as the first doses. However, I read some of the data and it appears that a 'boost', especially for those with weaker immune responses to the original vaccines, can bring the efficacy back up into the 80s% range for Delta.

Think about this for a moment, there is some good news about the Delta variant. Because it's so contagious, it's taken over 95+% of the new cases. It would take an even more contagious version to overtake it OR a variant that is majorly resistant to the current vax - BOTH of these scenarios can be prevented by getting every available vaccine to large 3rd world populations to prevent the India-level event that spawned Delta (I don't particularly like the WHO, but they are absolutely right about this one). Every wealthy country should be flying BUS LOADS of vaccines to these areas EVERY DAY.

If all stays status quo in the world, Delta will burn out and COVID 19 will finally be behind us by end of mid-Spring (my guess).

Can I get an AMEN? ;)

I feel like that scenario is most likely than unlikely. Literally impossible to get everyone vaccinated to quickly. Another strain like Delta is definitely possible. 

1 hour ago, vortmax said:

Can I get an AMEN? ;)

I love your optimism and I hope it goes this way but I have my doubts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone get the booster yet? Any side effects?

I had it last week.

Minor stiff neck and sore arm.

Which was fine with me because the second dose of Moderna  had made me feel miserable for 24 hours with fatigue and body aches and a fever.

For Moderna at least I think the half dose makes it easier.

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:01 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

If we see another strand like Delta we are screwed. Delta makes up like 98% of cases and is way more transmissible. 

Have to see if anything comes of this “Nu” variant.  Apparently it is believed this strain could have resistance to the vaccine antibody response.  

6257DC9C-12BC-4545-B0D2-CD16242C8AC3.jpeg

6C9938C9-9C53-4CAC-9FF6-2BED185DD7E2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic