• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

In reality, things flow over from presidency to presidency...and ultimately we try to "praise" a current president for anything good happening as if THEY did it, and blame the previous president for anything "bad" that happens. Unless, of course, the current president does something which obviously doesn't seem to have any thought put into it.

I can see this discussion isn't getting anywhere though. As usual, I'm going to drop out of the political discussion because I can feel my blood pressure rising, and it puts me in a bad mood. And, as usual, I apologize for getting involved. lol

4 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

You should watch this one for an opposing viewpoint. https://www.amazon.com/Plot-Against-President-Devin-Nunes/dp/B08LMJ93LL

Not calling it truth.

I'm sure some of this might be true as I know the democrats had an agenda to get him out of office the second he won the election. However, I heard trumps voice in these recordings and the stuff he asked for was absolutely threatening the very integrity of our democracy. They interview a few pretty stout republicans that Trump thought would side with him. 

Checks & balances. That's why we don't want a 1 party government.

Trump certainly was not a seasoned politician and acted more like a sneaky/demanding CEO and even a spoiled brat at times, but could never get away with bending the rules like he could at a private company. 

Stacking the court, nuclear option, removing the filibuster, frequent and misuse of reconciliation, allowing felons & illegal immigrants to vote, and preventing states from enacting voter ID requirements are much more threatening to the integrity of our democratic republic than anything Trump did, in my opinion. These Democrat proposals purpose to remove the competing party so there can only be 1, them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Buffalo Bills and Sabres are requiring covid vaccines to attend games. A bunch of my friends are so mad lol. I'm like I'll buy at a discount. ^_^

And on the plus side we wont have to wear masks. There was only one couple in our section wearing a mask last week when in the stands, curious to see how many empty seats in 2 weeks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

And on the plus side we wont have to wear masks. There was only one couple in our section wearing a mask last week when in the stands, curious to see how many empty seats in 2 weeks.

A guy at the game coughed on me when I was waiting in line to get into game and last night I felt like I was getting a fever and freaking out. Luckily i feel better today but was getting nervous. 

Tickets will likely drop in price for the next few games. I bet 30-40% at the game are unvaccinated. I wore my masks from the ticket booth to the stands. I'd say about 10% of people had masks on. 

8 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Unless theres a last minute change to the state policy this will be a disaster. Its not just Olean that is going to lose a large portion of medical staff.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/cattaraugus-county/olean/more-than-250-olean-general-hospital-employees-have-declined-vaccination-as-deadline-looms/

They will burn through their Savings/401ks and come crawling back to work. They need money to pay their bills. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

They will burn through their Savings/401ks and come crawling back to work. They need money to pay their bills. 

These jobs (especially RNs) are extremely competitive, more likely a lot of these people will be snagged up to work out of state or remotely. From what i understand they'll be eligible for unemployment as well if they decline the vaccine.

4 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

These jobs (especially RNs) are extremely competitive, more likely a lot of these people will be snagged up to work out of state or remotely. From what i understand they'll be eligible for unemployment as well if they decline the vaccine.

Tough to find a remote RN job, and its asking a lot to move out of state but I'm sure many will and UI is only a fraction of income that RNS make. Especially with OT and shift differential. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Tough to find a remote RN job, and its asking a lot to move out of state but I'm sure many will and UI is only a fraction of income that RNS make. Especially with OT and shift differential. 

My wife has almost 200 RNs that rollup to her, almost all remote. There's an entire backend system that people forget about with healthcare.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Plus don't forget that a provider that's been making 4-700k a year isn't going to give a crap about the money.

6 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

what? That would mean that her employer alone employs 400,000 RNs

Hyperbole. In the grand scheme of things virtual RNS are extremely rare positions. I've never even heard of one and am friends with like 50 nurses. If they leave for virtual RN positions the competition would be quite fierce and a limited supply. Every girl I know in their 20s are going to school for nursing, I don't think there will be a shortage.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Hyperbole. In the general scheme of things virtual RNS are extremely rare positions. I've never even heard of one and am friends with like 50 nurses. If they leave for virtual RN positions the competition would be quite fierce and a limited supply. Every girl I know in their 20s are going to school for nursing, I don't think there will be a shortage.

You're missing the point.

There are other jobs that RNs can do that arent virtual RN positions and these jobs are hyper competitive to hire for. There's an entire backend side of a hospital including compliance and rev cycle that hires experienced RNs.

So the point is that if a bunch of RNs don't want to get vaccinated they can find jobs working these backend jobs remotely in other states. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Hyperbole. In the general scheme of things virtual RNS are extremely rare positions. I've never even heard of one and am friends with like 50 nurses. If they leave for virtual RN positions the competition would be quite fierce and a limited supply. Every girl I know in their 20s are going to school for nursing, I don't think there will be a shortage.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coding+quality+coordinator+RN+remote+job&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS937US937&sxsrf=AOaemvI6DOuM9EKP4nCXyrjOAZmUrAHj0w:1631652429169&ei=TQpBYabMCZjl5NoP96adgAQ&oq=coding+quality+coordinator+RN+remote+job&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgjELADECc6BwgAEEcQsAM6BwgjELACECdKBAhBGABQqDZYuztglz1oAnACeACAAWuIAaMCkgEDMi4xmAEAoAEByAEFwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&uact=5&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjpx8KXq__yAhUBMlkFHfEWDMgQkd0GegQIEBAB#fpstate=tldetail&htivrt=jobs&htiq=coding+quality+coordinator+RN+remote+job&htidocid=hKdQAt9L_7912cP5AAAAAA%3D%3D

Example.

These jobs pay well and until Covid many weren't remote. Now that that's happened there's a hole that can be filled pretty easily if a bunch of nurses were fired for non compliance.

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

We are facing a similar situation where I work.

We were told that being dismissed for not being vaccinated would mean no Ui benefits however.

I feel like I am watching a lot of people playing the grown up version of the game "chicken" that we used to play as kids.

I don't know who is going to swerve first.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, cny rider said:

We are facing a similar situation where I work.

We were told that being dismissed for not being vaccinated would mean no Ui benefits however.

I feel like I am watching a lot of people playing the grown up version of the game "chicken" that we used to play as kids.

I don't know who is going to swerve first.

Well looks like a judge stepped in for now. 

https://buffalonews.com/news/state-and-regional/judge-issues-temporary-halt-to-states-covid-vaccine-mandate/article_d6ddb822-1586-11ec-aa24-c7842ff661b8.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

2 hours ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Bullshit headline and horrible writing. They contradict their headline in the article. They based the headline off of comment from a spokesperson regarding the need for public funding over a month ago. Bills arent going anywhere.

"But a source who knows the family and has spoken to them in recent weeks tells The Post that the threats are just that — idle threats: The Pegula family isn’t likely to move the Bills, even if they don’t get state or local funding to help build a new 60,000-seat stadium, the source said."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Will never happen.

Good to hear.   I remember the rumors stirring when they began playing a game in Toronto every year.  Some speculated that they might relocate there. Even as a Giants fan, I've always had an affinity for the Bills.  I love the fan base and the blue collar image of Buffalo. I kind of adopted the Sabres as my second NHL team in the 90's also.  They reminded me of how the Devils played in those days.  It's got to be good for the city to have those teams, even if their on-field or on-ice performances disappoint.  

• Like 1

Well it looks like the rumors were true lol

Took a ride up north to the us/Canadian border and once you get on Native American land it's dispensary after dispensary (no card needed).. Beautiful ride as well..It's about 70miles ESE of Ottawa..I'm sure this won't be my last venture lol

PXL_20210915_201716986.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, matt8204 said:

Good to hear.   I remember the rumors stirring when they began playing a game in Toronto every year.  Some speculated that they might relocate there. Even as a Giants fan, I've always had an affinity for the Bills.  I love the fan base and the blue collar image of Buffalo. I kind of adopted the Sabres as my second NHL team in the 90's also.  They reminded me of how the Devils played in those days.  It's got to be good for the city to have those teams, even if their on-field or on-ice performances disappoint.  

Buffalo is such a fun place to be when both teams are doing well. They havent been good at the same time since the early 90s.

• Like 3

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic