• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This was a covid thread, if he wants to continue he can.. Anthony did every day during the height of the pandemic and nobody said anything lol But we can come in here to bitch about liberal this liberal that lol With no pushback of course..

It was, but not anymore. I get it, bad news about Covid everyday. Just tired of it - especially from the 'end of the world' perspective.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Biden really dropped the ball on this one but Trump made it possible. Nevertheless the buck stops with Biden. 

Rump's fault.  We know this.  Daily Kos and Huffpo, MSNBC proved it. Orange Man bad.  We need to focus on what's important though, masks for all. Forever.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Trump needs to be in prison for the rest of his pathetic life

Not a Rump fan but...for what?  Feelings hurt?  SDNY and SEC sent NOONE to jail following 2008/09 financial crisis. Don't hold your breath. And 0bama was POTUS...

• Like 2

The incompetence of our current administration is evident when the SCOTUS steps in on several occasions within a short timespan.

Trump was a social media embarrassment to our nation...but, come on, Biden is not with it...at all. He can't even speak one coherent sentence. It seriously concerns me that he is so out of it. On an international level, it is a safety issue for our country because he, and now us, are clearly a laughing stock to the world. China and Russia are advancing their moves. I tried watching Biden making his "threats" but just couldn't. Not intimidating at all...and stuttering over his words.

Are we just going to play "dumb" and act like our President is leading? Because he's not...and neither is this administration.

I really wish we could just clean out our government...BOTH sides...and start fresh...because their corruption and games are destroying us from within.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I really wish we could just clean out our government...BOTH sides...and start fresh...because their corruption and games are destroying us from within.

This I agree with. BUT, they've built up quite the layers of protection over the last few decades.

I think it will be nearly impossible to vote out the problematic players though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, knight_raven said:

This I agree with. BUT, they've built up quite the layers of protection over the last few decades.

I think it will be nearly impossible to vote out the problematic players though.

I think you are right. We are stuck with this. Very ironic, considering what we tout as a successful democratic society to the rest of the world.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Something needs to change in our political system in America because it is broken 

Term limits would do the trick. 2 terms for Congress, 1 for Senate, keep 2 for Pres. The Judicial branch would balance it out. That would clean things up tremendously. That along with government-only sourced campaign dollars with limits would really stabilize things. The Founding Fathers never intended life-long careers for elected officials in the Exec and Leg branches.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matt8204 said:

Got my first dose this afternoon.  Went with the Pfizer vaccine, as I felt a little better about things once it was fully approved.  I feel OK so far.  Very efficient process and everyone was helpful and friendly.  It was a drive-up program in the parking lot of my doctor's office.  

I had the craziest dreams the night I got my first dose. You’ll have to report back. I also had already had covid before I got vaccinated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vortmax said:

Term limits would do the trick. 2 terms for Congress, 1 for Senate, keep 2 for Pres. The Judicial branch would balance it out. That would clean things up tremendously. That along with government-only sourced campaign dollars with limits would really stabilize things. The Founding Fathers never intended life-long careers for elected officials in the Exec and Leg branches.

Good luck with that... They've insulated themselves from being affected by us. They carve out the most advantageous district for themselves to remain in power. Now, thanks to the bull that happened last fall, certain states can willy-nilly decide what a vote is and isn't... its disgraceful...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

I had the craziest dreams the night I got my first dose. You’ll have to report back. I also had already had covid before I got vaccinated. 

I had it back in April. No fever or coughing but I had the chills something awful and lost my sense of taste and smell. Terrible dizzy spells right before it subsided also but that was short-lived.

Wow, interesting. I slept pretty well. No dreams that I can remember at least. I’ll see what happens tonight. Just a bit of soreness in my arm at the site of the injection but nothing agonizing. Maybe a bit of leg soreness too but that could be from my workout yesterday. Feeling good all in all.

• Like 1

I saw a bunch of flights delayed yesterday due to staffing shortages. Our flight from Charlotte was delayed 3 hours because they couldn't find another flight attendant. I saw 10 flights canceled on the screen in Charlotte showing cancelled, with many more being delayed. I think the mandatory vaccines/unemployment is really messing up staffing across the US. We all need to get back to work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I saw a bunch of flights delayed yesterday due to staffing shortages. Our flight from Charlotte was delayed 3 hours because they couldn't find another flight attendant. I saw 10 flights canceled on the screen in Charlotte showing cancelled, with many more being delayed. I think the mandatory vaccines/unemployment is really messing up staffing across the US. We all need to get back to work.

It’s a big problem and it’s hitting a lot of industries. My girlfriend and I went out for breakfast earlier and had to wait 30 minutes even though tables were open. Not enough kitchen staff to keep up, so they have to be mindful of how many patrons are seated at any given time.

• Like 1

A friend I used to work with just posted this to his facebook...She was around 40 and not overweight. This Delta variant is no joke...

The last 3 weeks my wife has been in the ICU with Covid pneumonia. Alot of changes to come for all those she has impacted during her time here on Earth. I will be coming home within the next month. I am eternally grateful that she took my last name and made me a part of her life.

• Sad 5

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic