• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

17 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Unfortunately I think it's going to happen but not soon. More likely this fall. Biden and his team are discussing about it right now. 

Well that's good news at least. I'm sure Joltin' Joe and his team of savants will be all over it once they get sobered up from Obama's (maskless) 60th birthday party shindig. ;)

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I disagree the CDC requirements are hyper sensitive insanity.

Yes.  So looks like they base the risk level now on “ 7 day cases per 100,000”.  If we wanted to get out of substantial we would have to get our 7 day cases down to around 450 (65 a day or less).  Saw a dip today but it’s bound to go back up.  Back at our last peak in Dec/Jan we were averaging 600-800 new cases a day.  

16C72FEE-5C4C-4C03-AD2C-E50F1344E55A.jpeg

02FC5A30-7E8D-4F67-ACC6-31B10230C84E.jpeg

343A6986-B336-4E04-B3D7-BD47AA0E2E0A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Yes.  So looks like they base the risk level now on “ 7 day cases per 100,000”.  If we wanted to get out of substantial we would have to get our 7 day cases down to around 450 (65 a day or less).  Saw a dip today but it’s bound to go back up.  Back at our last peak in Dec/Jan we were averaging 600-800 new cases a day.  

16C72FEE-5C4C-4C03-AD2C-E50F1344E55A.jpeg

02FC5A30-7E8D-4F67-ACC6-31B10230C84E.jpeg

343A6986-B336-4E04-B3D7-BD47AA0E2E0A.jpeg

Yep the goal post keep getting moved. I have to wonder what the cdc goal/objective is in changing the rules as they go along. Will they eventually go to zero case strategy? The positivity rate is like 1% in Erie county and they’re going back to the rules of when we had rampant spread and no vaccines…it’s all political garbage at this point. 

• Like 3

Politics aside...this piece on Joe Rogan's Recent Show has some concerning information regarding the possibility of mRNA vaccines potentially causing more severe mutations, if true.  Rogan caught a lot of stick from the cancel culture people but he was citing studies, or at the least concerns, from some pretty reputable sources...such as the mRNA pioneer.  A couple concerning snippets for the ;tldr...

---

...Rogan, who was referring to a peer-reviewed paper published in 2015, in which its authors - from Penn State and the Pirbright Institute concluded that "anti-disease vaccines that do not prevent transmission can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts."

---

Meanwhile, mRNA pioneer Dr. Robert Malone points out that if 95% of severe patients in Israel were indeed vaccinated, and 85-90% of hospitalizations are among the truly vaccinated, it could suggest Antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) is occurring, in which antibodies generated during an immune response can bind to a pathogen, but are unable to prevent infection - instead acting as a Trojan Horse.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Politics aside...this piece on Joe Rogan's Recent Show has some concerning information regarding the possibility of mRNA vaccines potentially causing more severe mutations, if true.  Rogan caught a lot of stick from the cancel culture people but he was citing studies, or at the least concerns, from some pretty reputable sources...such as the mRNA pioneer.  A couple concerning snippets for the ;tldr...

---

...Rogan, who was referring to a peer-reviewed paper published in 2015, in which its authors - from Penn State and the Pirbright Institute concluded that "anti-disease vaccines that do not prevent transmission can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts."

---

Meanwhile, mRNA pioneer Dr. Robert Malone points out that if 95% of severe patients in Israel were indeed vaccinated, and 85-90% of hospitalizations are among the truly vaccinated, it could suggest Antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) is occurring, in which antibodies generated during an immune response can bind to a pathogen, but are unable to prevent infection - instead acting as a Trojan Horse.

Hence why I still have the umbrella corp logo...

19 hours ago, Syrmax said:

I don't think CDC is the villain here. It's the MSM sh*tting their pants to keep themselves relevant. And oh yeah, their political narratives. Gotta keep the hate and fear flowing...

18 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I disagree the CDC requirements are hyper sensitive insanity.

It's BOTH, actually. The MSM has so many fearing the end of the world with 'delta' that people are now more afraid than BEFORE we had an effective vaccine. The CDC's justifications of moving the goalposts is probably based on delta and its 'virulence'. They should just let things happen as they may...Americans have freedom of choice and they've chosen - let's live, let our bodies, healthcare systems, and economy do what they are intended to do and move on!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

It's BOTH, actually. The MSM has so many fearing the end of the world with 'delta' that people are now more afraid than BEFORE we had an effective vaccine. The CDC's justifications of moving the goalposts is probably based on delta and its 'virulence'. They should just let things happen as they may...Americans have freedom of choice and they've chosen - let's live, let our bodies, healthcare systems, and society do what they are intended to do and move on!

i was just on a work Webex with a retired consultant in Florida...70s...vaxxed...and he now has Covid.  Fortunately, at this point, seems to be relatively mild symptoms, congestion, a bit achy and just feeling crappy.  Mild flu basically.   He did go to his PCP and actually tested +.  Thinks he got it visiting a fam member that was in... a hospital...though not for covid-related reasons.  Didn't ask if he had a mask on while in hospital (or if it was required), felt like prying too much.   This crap is never going to end it appears.  

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

i was just on a work Webex with a retired consultant in Florida...70s...vaxxed...and he now has Covid.  Fortunately, at this point, seems to be relatively mild symptoms, congestion, a bit achy and just feeling crappy.  Mild flu basically.   He did go to his PCP and actually tested +.  Thinks he got it visiting a fam member that was in... a hospital...though not for covid-related reasons.  Didn't ask if he had a mask on while in hospital (or if it was required), felt like prying too much.   This crap is never going to end it appears.  

Exactly what the vaccines were made for and doing their job! Good to hear, actually. This should actually encourage people.

Think if it this way, dealing with a mild infection, against a quickly replicating variant, will only help to strengthen our immune systems against future variants.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Exactly what the vaccines were made for and doing their job! Good to hear, actually. This should actually encourage people.

Think if it this way, dealing with a mild infection, against a quickly replicating variant, will only help to strengthen our immune systems against future variants.  

I don't disagree but offer 2 caveats.  1) concern about mRNA technology and whether it could lead to variants due to its nature (unproven but a valid concern) and, 2) the more breakthrough, or other cases, that emerge will keep the drumbeat going for various restrictions or new ones (vaccine passports, mask 4ever, etc)..

41 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I don't disagree but offer 2 caveats.  1) concern about mRNA technology and whether it could lead to variants due to its nature (unproven but a valid concern) and, 2) the more breakthrough, or other cases, that emerge will keep the drumbeat going for various restrictions or new ones (vaccine passports, mask 4ever, etc)..

Thanks. Regarding #1 - There's been no data showing ADE (or VED - Vaccine Enhanced Disease) is actually occurring with the mRNA vaxxes. In fact, if it were, we wouldn't be seeing such good results in the population. Actually, zero vaccines given today cause ADE. An older measles vaccine and a respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine were removed from use after showing evidence of causing ADE. A dengue virus vaccine causing ADE was also discontinued for young children. There's nothing really 'different' about an mRNA vaccine vs a traditional one other than the way it triggers our immune systems to recognize a virus. We're basically 'skipping' a couple of steps in the process by creating the mRNA strand synthetically vs having our cells do it.

Regarding this comment along with the concern in #2 regarding variants: "anti-disease vaccines that do not prevent transmission can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts."

Remember the mutation rate of Covid is 4x lower than the flu. It took a HUGE outbreak, in a mostly unvaccinated population in India, to create the delta variant. As long as we can keep a cap of massive, unvaccinated outbreaks, then Covid will begin to disappear. Covid needs lots of unfettered replication in hosts to mutate. This unfettered replication doesn't happen in vaxxed people, therefore the viral load quantity does not happen in said people.

Also, viruses are not like bacteria regarding resistance to a vaccine vs antibiotic. For example, bacteria can mutate or do horizonal gene transfers to become resistant to an antibiotic, but antibiotics don't trigger our immune system to recognize and destroy bacteria (like a vaccine does). They operate more like a 'poison' on their own (which is why we need to keep taking a pill or IV over a period of time). Antibiotic resistance is a real thing and can happen when people use them 'therapeutically'. Again, this isn't how the immune system works as it can adapt to the virus internally vs forcing scientists to create a new antibiotic formula externally to impact a resistant bacteria. 

I don't see Covid surviving in large outbreaks in years to come, maybe some pockets, mainly in unvaxxed countries.

• Like 1

Six members of a church in Florida, all of whom were unvaccinated, died of Covid-19 in less than two weeks, a pastor said.

None of the victims were vaccinated, and four were healthy and under the age of 35, Davis said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/6-unvaccinated-florida-church-members-die-covid-within-10-days-n1276322

Authorities in central Florida say the state's latest Covid-19 surge is having a deadly impact on the state's first responders, claiming three of the public servants' lives last week.

The three men — a firefighter, a sheriff's deputy and a police officer — all died within three days of one another, NBC affiliate WESH of Orlando reported.

https://news.yahoo.com/3-first-responders-florida-die-200834604.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Authorities in central Florida say the state's latest Covid-19 surge is having a deadly impact on the state's first responders, claiming three of the public servants' lives last week.

The three men — a firefighter, a sheriff's deputy and a police officer — all died within three days of one another, NBC affiliate WESH of Orlando reported.

https://news.yahoo.com/3-first-responders-florida-die-200834604.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

DeSantis said its only because of illegals crossing the border unvaccinated.  :facepalm:

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Desantis had a press conference about covid and blamed Floridas outbreak on unvaccinated illegals from Mexico. :lol:

Not a great day for Governors in US...between Cuomo's non-apologizing resignation statement (how could i possibly have known?...), and DeSantis' fantacist Covid explanation.  And people wonder why some of us view politicians with a jaded eye.  ;)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Not a great day for Governors in US...between Cuomo's non-apologizing resignation statement (how could i possibly have known?...), and DeSantis' fantacist Covid explanation.  And people wonder why some of us view politicians with a jaded eye.  ;)

They gotta play to the audience...
When there is a simmering anti-other sentiment being fomented, they become the reason for a societys ills..

On 8/11/2021 at 9:18 AM, knight_raven said:

They gotta play to the audience...
When there is a simmering anti-other sentiment being fomented, they become the reason for a societys ills..

Well...it's not like the political class doesn't give everyone reason to despise them.  Esp in NY with 7 Dems and 2 R's being ousted from major office / positions credible/verified abuses/crimes in the past decade...including the last 3 Govs and an AG.

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Well...it's not like the political class doesn't give everyone reason to despise them.  Esp in NY with 7 Dems and 2 R's being ousted from major office / positions credible/verified abuses/crimes in the past decade...including the last 3 Govs and an AG.

At least the truth is coming to the surface for many of the corrupted.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think Delta is a more dangerous variant, any data on it? A client just came in and said his doctor said his entire office is sick with severe flu like symptoms. I thought Delta was more contagious and less deadly? Our area doesn't enter flu season for a few months. I think we're going to see a dramatic increase in cases this winter. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm starting to think Delta is a more dangerous variant, any data on it? A client just came in and said his doctor said his entire office is sick with severe flu like symptoms. I thought Delta was more contagious and less deadly? Our area doesn't enter flu season for a few months. I think we're going to see a dramatic increase in cases this winter. 

This fall and winter has me very concerned. Delta seems to very aggressive 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic