• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

2 hours ago, vortmax said:

Hmm, something to invest in?

I mean its a straight meme stock that literally has zero value but some people are making a ton of money on this pump session.  Many more will lose it all. 

I bought some at .08 and sold at .40  

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I mean its a straight meme stock that literally has zero value but some people are making a ton of money on this pump session.  Many more will lose it all. 

I bought some at .08 and sold at .40  

I'm gonna jump into this blockchain arena. Just trying to figure out the best way in (trading and wallet).

1 minute ago, vortmax said:

I'm gonna jump into this blockchain arena. Just trying to figure out the best way in (trading and wallet).

Use coinbase to buy Ethereum.  Transfer the ethereum to metamask where you can then use that coin to buy other coins.  I suggest buying Chainlink. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I bought Doge at 0.8 cents a share. Like an idiot I sold it at 10 cents a share. Had I held onto it I would have had $37,500 right now off of $500 smh. 

Maybe I’m missing something but I think your decimal is in the wrong spot...still being down 3750 is a bummer for sure... I know the feeling my portfolio is down almost 40g from the start of the year...

3 hours ago, Polarbear said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I think your decimal is in the wrong spot...still being down 3750 is a bummer for sure... I know the feeling my portfolio is down almost 40g from the start of the year...

Nope bought $500 worth at 8/10ths of a penny a share. It’s now worth 75 x that amount. So $500 x 75 is $37500. Blows big time. 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:29 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

Day 3 post 2nd shot. Feel pretty good, still a little fatigued. 

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot 10 days ago.  I went out drinking that night.  Drank a bunch of water also.   Bit hungover the next day but other than that, no after effects.   Not that getting vaccinated gets you anything cuz muh, masks 4Ever,  but I did get a free drink at a bar for showing my 2nd vaccination card.  So there's that.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, DeltaT13 said:

Use coinbase to buy Ethereum.  Transfer the ethereum to metamask where you can then use that coin to buy other coins.  I suggest buying Chainlink. 

I bought 10 Ether coins on Coinbase last June at $265.  My only regret is not buying more.  I did get my son and ex-wife to buy some last fall so they are pleased.   I've held it in my wallet there and not spent any as i look at this as a longer term crapshoot.  Plus, no taxes if you don't spend or sell...IRS treats sales as capital gain much like an equity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot 10 days ago.  I went out drinking that night.  Drank a bunch of water also.   Bit hungover the next day but other than that, no after effects.   Not that getting vaccinated gets you anything cuz muh, masks 4Ever,  but I did get a free drink at a bar for showing my 2nd vaccination card.  So there's that.

I really need to take advantage of that free beer. Totally forgot about that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

I bought 10 Ether coins on Coinbase last June at $265.  My only regret is not buying more.  I did get my son and ex-wife to buy some last fall so they are pleased.   I've held it in my wallet there and not spent any as i look at this as a longer term crapshoot.  Plus, no taxes if you don't spend or sell...IRS treats sales as capital gain much like an equity.

That's amazing! 10 ETH is well over $30k. Talk about ROI....Taxes are taxes, you pay the same for capital gains if you hold for a year that you do on your payroll. Even short term capital gains are low if you're in a lower tax bracket. Thing is if you make so much on crypto increase your 401k to max and $6k into IRA, that way you can save a bunch, make a bunch, and get taxed as little as possible! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My crypto is up an insane amount. I've made close to $5k in a week. Waiting for the next dip to buy more. 

Leery of the parabolic moves as they usually end up reversing hard but I think there's a solid LT case for crypto given the macro fiscal background.  I just haven't dabbled in the Sh*tcoins, sticking with Ether and BTC itself for now.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, DeltaT13 said:

I've heard some great things about chainlink being integrated into Oracles platform. I am looking to buy some into my portfolio. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Leery of the parabolic moves as they usually end up reversing hard but I think there's a solid LT case for crypto given the macro fiscal background.  I just haven't dabbled in the Sh*tcoins, sticking with Ether and BTC itself for now.

I think the top 10 coins are there for a reason. Look into XLM and XRP, as well as Cardano and Algo they are going to skyrocket and are already being implemented more than BTC and ETH are. I'm actually earning 6% on my Algo on coinbase, just sitting there. Its a guaranteed return while I don't use it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That's amazing! 10 ETH is well over $30k. Talk about ROI....Taxes are taxes, you pay the same for capital gains if you hold for a year that you do on your payroll. Even short term capital gains are low if you're in a lower tax bracket. Thing is if you make so much on crypto increase your 401k to max and $6k into IRA, that way you can save a bunch, make a bunch, and get taxed as little as possible! 

Yeah, its a nice gain, still unrealized as i haven't sold, and i won't be able to retire on this by any means but Raoul Pal, someone i follow at RealVision, really thinks this stuff is going much much higher.  So far he's been right.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:49 AM, Syrmax said:

Yeah, its a nice gain, still unrealized as i haven't sold, and i won't be able to retire on this by any means but Raoul Pal, someone i follow at RealVision, really thinks this stuff is going much much higher.  So far he's been right.

You might be able to...never know. I want to jump in, but hesitant since this week saw big gains...wondering if next week will be a correction? Thoughts? I like Cardano and XLM as well.

4 minutes ago, vortmax said:

You might be able to...never know. I want to jump in, but hesitant since this week saw big gains...wondering if next week will be a correction? Thoughts? I like Cardano and XLM as well.

Well, not an expert here of course and I havent followed the "Sh*tcoins" closely but the pattern with Ether and BTC the past couple of years has been to wait for, and then buy the effing dip...

• Like 1

Giants home schedule doesn't look terrible on "paper"..Road schedule is a little tough lol

The Eagles are up first in Week 12 (Nov. 28), followed by the Cowboys in Week 15 (Dec. 19) and the Washington Football Team in the newly added Week 18 finale (Jan. 9). So, what comes first?

After opening the season against the Broncos at home on Sept. 12 (4:25 p.m. on FOX), the Giants will host the Falcons in Week 3 (Sept. 26), the Rams in Week 6 (Oct. 17), the Panthers in Week 7 (Oct. 24), and the Raiders in Week 9 (Nov. 7).

Only one of those first five home opponents (Rams) made the playoffs last season, giving the Giants a chance to start much faster than in years past. Since last making the playoffs in 2016, the Giants have finished the first half of the season with records of 1-7 three times and 2-6 the other.

The Giants will play under the lights against both Super Bowl teams from last season, according to NorthJersey.com, which reported road games against the Buccaneers and Chiefs are scheduled for primetime. The report also mentioned a Week 16 game at the Eagles.

The Giants have a quick Week 1 turnaround to a “Thursday Night Football” at Washington Week 2, according to multiple reports. That leaves only six unknowns on the schedule: visits to the Bears, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins and Saints, plus the bye week.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic