• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

The Fair will officially return for an 18-day celebration from August 20 through September 6.

The annual event was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Capacity at the fair this year will tentatively be capped at 50 percent, Cuomo says, but could change based on the state of the pandemic.

The fair will also be split into four areas to help keep an eye on capacity. 

17 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I'm all for people protecting themselves but I'm not sure I'm alright with walking in public strapped..Hell I was brought up to run from people with guns lol They are obviously dangerous and I don't know the person behind that gun.. Clearly some use it as an "intimidating" method which is also not cool..imo.. Lastly many of the guns on the streets shouldn't be on the streets, military and police style weapons should never reach the public..

If you get the chance to visit Dallas it’s surreal at first. Basically everyone open carry’s. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

He thinks he got it attending a funeral but he just called my cousin to discuss life insurance, pretty scary. This is his 2nd time at the hospital within 9 days on oxygen, this time he is doing worse.

Not cool.  I hope he pulls through!  This is the scenario that is *just* common enough to give me pause when I otherwise want to say “it’s no scarier than the flu.”   I have heard enough 2nd hand stories from otherwise healthy people to reinforce that I don’t want to test it on myself.  

Just now, winter_rules said:

Not cool.  I hope he pulls through!  This is the scenario that is *just* common enough to give me pause when I otherwise want to say “it’s no scarier than the flu.”   I have heard enough 2nd hand stories from otherwise healthy people to reinforce that I don’t want to test it on myself.  

45 is pretty young. Assuming he didn't have the vaccine yet? Is he generally healthy, a smoker? Asthma? Just curious. Will pray for a quick recovery regardless!

15 minutes ago, vortmax said:

45 is pretty young. Assuming he didn't have the vaccine yet? Is he generally healthy, a smoker? Asthma? Just curious. Will pray for a quick recovery regardless!

High blood pressure, slightly overweight, and has some kidney/liver issues. Nothing major but obviously some preexisting conditions.  I feel like everyone has preexisting conditions once we get up in age though. I mean I had asthma in my teens/early twenties. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

High blood pressure, slightly overweight, and has some kidney/liver issues. Nothing major but obviously some preexisting conditions.  I feel like everyone has preexisting conditions once we get up in age though. I mean I had asthma in my teens/early twenties. 

Sorry to hear this. Praying that he pulls through. My mom was in the hospital for about five days because the doctor didn’t like her oxygen levels. She’s stabilized and was released but I’m still worried. They don’t want her near anyone for at least another week. Apparently she had a touch of pneumonia to go along with Covid. This whole thing just sucks. I think I was guilty of downplaying this on some level but it really hits home when a loved one gets sick. I pray we never see anything like this again in our lives.

• Thanks 2

I was really hoping the giants would go LB JOK out of ND .. Mcshay had him ranked higher than parsons lol Espn had him as the 12 best player in the draft and he's still available going into the second lol I loved the trade back though..Bears 1st round pick next year could be valuable as they will be starting Dalton or a rookie and have a pretty tough schedule, could easily be a top 10 pick lol It's funny how the eagles and cowboys worked together to fook the giants,  because they were going Smith#11 ...The WR they took at #20 is pretty much a "poor man's" waddle...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

I was really hoping the giants would go LB JOK out of ND .. Mcshay had him ranked higher than parsons lol Espn had him as the 12 best player in the draft and he's still available going into the second lol I loved the trade back though..Bears 1st round pick next year could be valuable as they will be starting Dalton or a rookie and have a pretty tough schedule, could easily be a top 10 pick lol It's funny how the eagles and cowboys worked together to fook the giants,  because they were going Smith#11 ...The WR they took at #20 is pretty much a "poor man's" waddle...

Giants traded back in the second round with Miami  and picked who many analysts think is the steal of the draft in Azeez Ojulari from Georgia. Many think he has first round talent as an edge rusher. Good draft for the Giants. Stocking up on picks for next year along with getting some good talent this year. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Bills loading up on physical freaks, love it. Even if we hit on 1 of the top 3 guys, we did well.

Our division got a lot better the last 2 nights, especially the Dolphins. I think they are pretty close to us "if" Tua can be decent. I'm not a fan of him. 

Dolphins got "skunked" a little lol By all accounts they moved up to#6 to pick one of chase or pitts ( thinking 4qbs would go before them) but they still got a real dynamic player in waddle..

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Dolphins got "skunked" a little lol By all accounts they moved up to#6 to pick one of chase or pitts ( thinking 4qbs would go before them) but they still got a real dynamic player in waddle..

No way was pitts falling to 6, hes the best player in the draft. I like Waddle more than Chase, but I guess time will tell. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flying MXZ said:

Second shot whooped me this morning. Feel hungover even though I had nothing. But I didn’t hydrate well, and actually sweat quite a bit at the kids baseball practice last night. I’m much better now compared to when I woke up. 

Got my 2nd shot at 1 PM, feel fine. A few chills and soreness in my arm.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic