• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

You mean with the vaccine correct?

Blood clots are fairly common, my gf almost lost her life at 26 from one that developed in her calf and traveled to her lungs.

The chances of developing DVT are about 1 in 1000 per year, although certain factors greatly increase this risk..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stoptheclot.org/the_basics/how_common_dvt/%3famp

Yeah from the vaccine. That is crazy, is it from birth control? I know its a common side effect from it. 

• Like 1

Yup most likely BW.. Doctors couldn't find any other reason..So obviously she got off the stuff.. Unfortunately damage has already been done as it stretched out her vein in her leg, one calf always looks swollen and pain comes and goes..She basically takes baby aspirin everyday to combat potentially another one..

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yup most likely BW.. Doctors couldn't find any other reason..So obviously she got off the stuff.. Unfortunately damage has already been done as it stretched out her vein in her leg, one calf always looks swollen and pain comes and goes..She basically takes baby aspirin everyday to combat potentially another one..

Crazy, all this stuff we put into our bodies isn't good for us. I try to do as much natural as I can. My diet needs improvement too, but I like pizza too much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Crazy, all this stuff we put into our bodies isn't good for us. I try to do as much natural as I can. My diet needs improvement too, but I like pizza too much. 

Same here.  I'm so grateful that I don't have to take any meds right now.  Look how many of them get recalled.  My girlfriend's dad was on Metformin to treat his diabetes and now that apparently isn't safe to use.  

Hey, you can't beat a good pizza.  Have to treat yourself once in awhile.  I guess it's just a matter of portions and how frequently you indulge.

6 people out of 7,000,000 who received the J&J vaccine (so far) have developed these clots.  They're all women between the ages of 18-48 also, so it's entirely possible that there is another factor common among them at play.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 9:04 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

I just finished Vikings and The Last Kingdom, both incredible shows would highly recommend. I am starting Peaky Blinders now. Any other shows you guys recommend? 

Just rewatched GOT for the third time. That never gets old.

Id say that Seaspiracy hit home with me because the animals arent farmed. Everytime I walk through a supermarket and see piles of fish and I wonder how can this be sustainable, how can the populations keep up with us fishing. I know that cow/pig/chicken etc isnt the best for the environment but at least I know they're being farmed for a purpose and I'm not driving them into extinction.

Just learned that my mom tested positive for Covid after she just got her first dose of the vaccine on Good Friday.  She started feeling lousy on Sunday afternoon and got tested this morning.  Her legs feel weak, can't taste anything, she's coughing a lot, etc.  The one bit of good news is that her temperature has gone down since yesterday.  It was as high as 100.9, now it's back in the normal range.  No breathing issues so far either, thank God.  She's turning 67 in May, no underlying health conditions.  

On 4/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, gmendevils8204 said:

Just learned that my mom tested positive for Covid after she just got her first dose of the vaccine on Good Friday.  She started feeling lousy on Sunday afternoon and got tested this morning.  Her legs feel weak, can't taste anything, she's coughing a lot, etc.  The one bit of good news is that her temperature has gone down since yesterday.  It was as high as 100.9, now it's back in the normal range.  No breathing issues so far either, thank God.  She's turning 67 in May, no underlying health conditions.  

She most likely got the virus before the vaccine was able to work. You can still get the virus but those symptoms seem a little high once vaccinated. 

CDC finds less than 1 percent of fully vaccinated people got COVID-19

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/548440-cdc-5800-breakthrough-covid-19-cases-documented-among-millions-who-are?fbclid=IwAR21_N3d8TElv223lvgeTrCWX1ZMr2MHp3wbe6_mxYj_AtyXyIh7g5ni6_s

1 percent of the people who contracted breakthrough infections died.

So, if you get the vaccine, that is a .00008% chance of dying from the virus if you get the vaccine. 12500 to 1

Vaccinate everyone in the country, the most number of deaths that would occur would be 26400 (assuming a population of 330 million and everyone receives still gets the virus, which is impossible but never mind)

In others words, significantly less than die in a typical flu season.

@Luke_Mages What were your first symptoms recently with covid? My wife and I have extreme chills this evening, can't breath without coughing, and a slight fever. We just got over a 16 day fight with flu/sinusitis. I had my shot on Saturday, but immunity takes 10-14 days. It can't be the shot because my wife didn't get it. Hopefully we feel better tomorrow.

6 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Not a chance!  Gone through hell getting COVID, beating COVID, fully vaccinated and spent a night in the ER after second dose.  I am good...no booster...these are  “emergency” vaccines!  There has not been any long term studies so forget all that noise.

Clearly this is just my personal opinion and we all will do what’s best, problem is, nobody knows what’s best at this juncture.

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@Luke_Mages What were your first symptoms recently with covid? My wife and I have extreme chills this evening, can't breath without coughing, and a slight fever. We just got over a 16 day fight with flu/sinusitis. I had my shot on Saturday, but immunity takes 10-14 days. It can't be the shot because my wife didn't get it. Hopefully we feel better tomorrow.

First symptom was fatigue. We didn’t start coughing or having the other symptoms until a couple days in. I hope it’s not Covid but it seems to have spread pretty rampantly through the circles of people I know in the past few weeks. I went almost a year without really knowing anyone and I’d say a solid third of the people I work with or am friends with have had it in the past month or so. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Not a chance!  Gone through hell getting COVID, beating COVID, fully vaccinated and spent a night in the ER after second dose.  I am good...no booster...these are  “emergency” vaccines!  There has not been any long term studies so forget all that noise.

Clearly this is just my personal opinion and we all will do what’s best, problem is, nobody knows what’s best at this juncture.

Do you get a flu shot every year?  This may turn into an annual flu type shot based on the variants circulating at the time.

6 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

First symptom was fatigue. We didn’t start coughing or having the other symptoms until a couple days in. I hope it’s not Covid but it seems to have spread pretty rampantly through the circles of people I know in the past few weeks. I went almost a year without really knowing anyone and I’d say a solid third of the people I work with or am friends with have had it in the past month or so. 

Yeah it seems WNY infection rate has been highest in state nearly all year. I feel like I've been sick the entirety of 2021. I'm so ready for all this to be over with, I feel a little better this morning. Still can't breath deeply without coughing, maybe bronchitis? Going back to normal too quickly, my body might still be recovering.

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah it seems WNY infection rate has been highest in state nearly all year. I feel like I've been sick the entirety of 2021. I'm so ready for all this to be over with, I feel a little better this morning. Still can't breath deeply without coughing, maybe bronchitis? Going back to normal too quickly, my body might still be recovering.

Last year in Feb I got sick with similar symptoms to what you're describing and it took me a month before I could breath deeply without coughing a dry cough. Hang in there. Id say keep lifting and stay away from cardio for a bit while your lungs recover.

• Thanks 1

full on shutdown in Ontario. Closing our borders with Manitoba and Quebec, no golf, tennis, playgrounds, camping, parks, ect.. police can stop and ask you why you left your house. 

Though there is a case to be made that Ontario is most likely why WNY has the highest covid in the State. Plus Michigan is in rough shape and they've already said its most likely Ontario that caused Michigans problems. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Last year in Feb I got sick with similar symptoms to what you're describing and it took me a month before I could breath deeply without coughing a dry cough. Hang in there. Id say keep lifting and stay away from cardio for a bit while your lungs recover.

I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks, have been running outside for cardio but that may have made it worse. Going to slowly transition back to gym and just lift for a few weeks and light cardio. Like you said I need to rebuild my lungs back up.

3 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

full on shutdown in Ontario. Closing our borders with Manitoba and Quebec, no golf, tennis, playgrounds, camping, parks, ect.. police can stop and ask you why you left your house. 

Though there is a case to be made that Ontario is most likely why WNY has the highest covid in the State. Plus Michigan is in rough shape and they've already said its most likely Ontario that caused Michigans problems. 

This is pretty crazy. The police can pull you over and ask what you're doing?

Ontario gives police authority to stop people, vehicles, ask purpose of travel

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-gives-police-authority-to-stop-people-vehicles-ask-purpose-of-travel-1.5390805?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvtoronto%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0DOT6XMxz7oEw5C3fKB9r9W4bNJv85qiMwi79lfPEWroDBYrjxX9ViUbo

• Sad 1

Fauci stated when cases get to under 10k a day things can go back to complete normalcy.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, pressed by a Republican lawmaker Thursday over when Americans will "get their liberties back," gave his clearest explanation yet as to when COVID-19 restrictions could be safely lifted, saying the U.S. must get its infection rate under 10,000 new cases a day.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fauci-clashes-gop-lawmaker-covid-restrictions-eased/story?id=77097089

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic