• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I did not. I'm on day 14 with symptoms, still coughing up mucus. I think its sinusitis. 

For your wife as well? Does she typically get sinus infections? Have you taken antibiotics? You typically don't get chest congestion with sinusitis - so I'd get tested for the flu or even bronchitis. If mucus is yellow or green, then very likely a bacterial infection (bronchitis and/or sinusitis) - potentially as a result of a previous viral infection (flu or RSV).

1 hour ago, vortmax said:

For your wife as well? Does she typically get sinus infections? Have you taken antibiotics? You typically don't get chest congestion with sinusitis - so I'd get tested for the flu or even bronchitis. If mucus is yellow or green, then very likely a bacterial infection (bronchitis and/or sinusitis) - potentially as a result of a previous viral infection (flu or RSV).

The last few times I've gone to doctor with these symptoms they don't give me anything for it just fluids/rest so I stopped going for it.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:02 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

We don't have covid, but a different virus. We've both been really sick with head/chest issues. We both had a fever for 3 days of around 100. Lots of mucus, headaches, fatigue, cough, etc...My buddy at work has it too. He called off 4 days, I called off 2. I never call off. I tested negative twice, and he did twice as well. So we have covid and another bad illness going around right now. I'm staying home lol. Tomorrow will be day 13 with symptoms, after what happened in January to me, the reaction to the medication I was taken, and now this...I've literally been sick all of 2021. I didn't get sick once in 2020.

I had a similar nasty virus of some sort when i got back from Europe in November 2019...lasted about 3 weeks.  Sinusitis like symptoms and basically felt like walking pneumonia.  Took forever to shake it.  Antibiotics didn't work.  I don't think they did a flu test as this was right before covid erupted.  After the fact, I wondered whether i might have actually had covid as I was around a lot of Chinese tourists in Prague (of all places!).  I got tested for antibodies in May 2020 but it was negative.   Got my 1st Pfizer jab last weekend.  Sore arm for a day but the whole process went really well at the State Fairgrounds.  2nd shot in 3 weeks.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2021 at 10:06 AM, Syrmax said:

I had a similar nasty virus of some sort when i got back from Europe in November 2019...lasted about 3 weeks.  Sinusitis like symptoms and basically felt like walking pneumonia.  Took forever to shake it.  Antibiotics didn't work.  I don't think they did a flu test as this was right before covid erupted.  After the fact, I wondered whether i might have actually had covid as I was around a lot of Chinese tourists in Prague (of all places!).  I got tested for antibodies in May 2020 but it was negative.   Got my 1st Pfizer jab last weekend.  Sore arm for a day but the whole process went really well at the State Fairgrounds.  2nd shot in 3 weeks.

Today is day 16 and I'm still coughing up mucus, but feel much better. I get my Pfizer shot tomorrow at 1, hopefully no complications. 

• Like 2

Pfizer is eyeing full FDA approval pretty soon.

The pair’s mRNA vaccine is 91.3% effective against symptomatic COVID-19 disease as measured in people who have been immunized with the second dose of the shot for up to six months, the companies said Thursday.

The new efficacy data, plus a safety analysis comprising data from more than 12,000 people who were fully immunized for at least six months, allow the companies to file a drug application with the FDA to turn the shot’s emergency use authorization into a full approval, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla, Ph.D., said in a statement.

The efficacy level is slightly down from the 95% number the vaccine first posted in the trial. With those data, Pfizer secured an FDA emergency use authorization in December. Since that initial analysis, more COVID-19 cases have accrued, increasing to 927 as of March 13 from the previous 170.

Of the total cases, investigators recorded 850 in the placebo group compared with 77 in the vaccine cohort. Thirty-two severe COVID-19 cases were recorded, all in the placebo group, translating into a 100% efficacy against severe disease for the vaccine.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/pfizer-biontech-eye-official-covid-19-vaccine-nod-as-efficacy-stands-strong-including

Just got my 1st Pfizer shot, was a little dizzy for the first 1-2 minutes but feel fine now. I hate needles in general and get really light headed/dizzy whenever I get blood work I have to sit in that big blue chair and lay back. It's something genetic as my sister is the same way. Extremely smooth operation at University of Buffalo, thousands of people getting vaccinated over there each day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just got my 1st Pfizer shot, was a little dizzy for the first 1-2 minutes but feel fine now. I hate needles in general and get really light headed/dizzy whenever I get blood work I have to sit in that big blue chair and lay back. It's something genetic as my sister is the same way. Extremely smooth operation at University of Buffalo, thousands of people getting vaccinated over there each day.

Nice!  Yes very efficient operation at UB.  Tomorrow is 2 weeks since I got my 2nd shot there.  So guess I’m at max protection now if that even means anything.  First shot was just a sore arm for 24-36 hours.  Second shot I actually had some pretty intense flu symptoms the following day.  Fatigue, extreme nausea all day, and flip flopping fever and chills.  Chugged 2 bottles of Gatorade and went to bed early and felt fine the following day.  Wife got her shots a couple days after mine and had no symptoms.  She did test positive back in early December while I did not so maybe that’s why she didn’t experience any side effects? 

• Like 1

Looks like the johnson and johnson one shot vaccine only offers "66% protection".

Moderna’s and Pfizer’s two-dose vaccines are 94% and 95% effective, respectively, at preventing new coronavirus infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control. And while it’s more convenient, the single shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine only provides 66% protection.

Brooklyn woman gets COVID 3 weeks after Johnson & Johnson vaccine

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/brooklyn-woman-gets-covid-3-weeks-after-johnson-johnson-vaccine/amp/

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Looks like the johnson and johnson one shot vaccine only offers "66% protection".

Moderna’s and Pfizer’s two-dose vaccines are 94% and 95% effective, respectively, at preventing new coronavirus infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control. And while it’s more convenient, the single shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine only provides 66% protection.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/brooklyn-woman-gets-covid-3-weeks-after-johnson-johnson-vaccine/amp/

Yeah if anyone is to get a vaccine, I would choose Pfizer, its nearly at full FDA approval. To put it into context, pre workout is not FDA approved and I took that for 6 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

That vaccine needs a overhaul. Too many people getting bad reactions from that vaccine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Anyone else watch Seaspiracy on Netflix yet? Has me thinking Thanos had it right...

I haven't but I watched what the health and cowspiracy. My wife has been vegan for 3 years and my best friend for 5 years. I only eat chicken/seafood and only drink almond milk. Do you know how much of climate change can be contributed to the amount of meat we eat? It's mind blowing. They're constantly trying to make me switch.

I’m a fan of documentaries, so I’ll take recommendations. 
I’m currently laid up after neurosurgery last week and So far I’ve watched the one on Epstein, the college admission debacle, the the gymnastics one and I’ve got one more episode of the Jordan mini series. I’ve found all of them pretty good so far 

14 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I just finished Vikings and The Last Kingdom, both incredible shows would highly recommend. I am starting Peaky Blinders now. Any other shows you guys recommend? 

The Boys on Prime is the sh*t!  Karl Urban is the man!

Peaky Blinders is fantastic!

just started Last Kingdom...

HBO/Max- Chernobyl is a must watch mini series!

5 hours ago, Polarbear said:

I’m a fan of documentaries, so I’ll take recommendations. 
I’m currently laid up after neurosurgery last week and So far I’ve watched the one on Epstein, the college admission debacle, the the gymnastics one and I’ve got one more episode of the Jordan mini series. I’ve found all of them pretty good so far 

Godspeed with your recovery and best of luck.

• Thanks 1

You mean with the vaccine correct?

Blood clots are fairly common, my gf almost lost her life at 26 from one that developed in her calf and traveled to her lungs.

The chances of developing DVT are about 1 in 1000 per year, although certain factors greatly increase this risk..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stoptheclot.org/the_basics/how_common_dvt/%3famp

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic