• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

1 minute ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Sports are a hard watch right now. I can’t take them seriously with no crowds and all these other protocols.

Same. The NHL season has an asterisk next to it for me. So many covid issues and players sick, shortened season, different divisions. The cup isn't even real this year TBH. I think the NFL season goes on as normal though. I still expect masks for all of 2021, but really hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Same. The NHL season has an asterisk next to it for me. So many covid issues and players sick, shortened season, different divisions. The cup isn't even real this year TBH. I think the NFL season goes on as normal though. I still expect masks for all of 2021, but really hope I'm wrong. 

I wouldnt be shocked to see restrictions go back in place due to the variants showing up.

Just booked a trip out west next month, doing a 10 day loop through Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Moab, Monument valley, Bryce Canyon. Got a direct flight from Buffalo to Phoenix for $170 through Southwest, first 2 bags are free checked in. Cannot wait! Also bought a new camera got the Sony AIII. Excited to take some pictures of the milky way in the desert! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yup. I’m normally the biggest sports fan you’ll find and I’m barely paying attention. Full disclosure, some of the politics that were injected last year also turned me off for awhile. You’re probably right on the masks, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Three hours a night I get to escape what's going on the world watching the yankees.. What else should we do ? Lol Follow CNN and fox news all day..Not trying to attack anyone but sports is sports lol With or without fans..

I get it. Some still see it as an escape. Trust me, I’m not watching the news either. I’ve mostly been watching DVD’s of old shows and movies, along with some cool You Tube channels I’ve found. I just check my phone in the morning for a few minutes so I’m not completely out of the loop but I’m avoiding the news as much as possible otherwise.

• Like 1

Texas rangers will be allowing full capacity..Will be interesting to see if they get a packed house..

ARLINGTON, Texas — Globe Life Field was open to 100 percent of its capacity Monday night, but the crowd was far from a sellout.

A cautious herd of 12,911 fans filed into the ballpark for an exhibition game between the Texas Rangers and the Milwaukee Brewers — the first of two games at the stadium before the regular season begins on Thursday.

The game marked the first time the ballpark — which opened last season — could be open to its capacity of 40,300 since the state lifted coronavirus capacity restrictions earlier this month. But on the first try, fans weren’t in a hurry to pack the stands.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Then those people can stay home and watch on TV. 

I'm not opposed to get the vaccine but wonder if having covid antibodies would allow me access to the stadium? This will be my first year with season tix, im hoping they dont limit attendance.

8 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I'm not opposed to get the vaccine but wonder if having covid antibodies would allow me access to the stadium? This will be my first year with season tix, im hoping they dont limit attendance.

It might allow you, I'm thinking it will be vaccine or negative test. I doubt they limit attendance. 70% of the country will be fully vaccinated by June. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It might allow you, I'm thinking it will be vaccine or negative test. I doubt they limit attendance. 70% of the country will be fully vaccinated by June. 

No way they will be at full capacity... 50% crowd might even be a stretch... I’m thinking 25%... that’s like 18,000 in there... Antibody tests never really gained enough traction to be of any measuring use.  No real idea how long the antibodies even work for.  Would need one taken within the 72 hour window so it would be quicker just to get jabbed in the nose if you opt out of getting stabbed in the arm.

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

No way they will be at full capacity... 50% crowd might even be a stretch... I’m thinking 25%... that’s like 18,000 in there... Antibody tests never really gained enough traction to be of any measuring use.  No real idea how long the antibodies even work for.  Would need one taken within the 72 hour window so it would be quicker just to get jabbed in the nose if you opt out of getting stabbed in the arm.

It's already at 20%, there is no way its not at least 75% by September. I would be shocked if its not 100%. The game is outside. I can see inside events still being limited, but not anything outside. Antibodies last 6 months-1 year and booster shots are already being developed. Anyone who wants to get vaccinated would have had several attempts to do so the next few months. Immunity might last longer if its similar to the Sars vaccine which would be several years.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Stocks up a bunch last 2 days. With summer starting I expect jobs to get close to pre pandemic levels. 

Not really, it's going to take 2-3 more years to get things back to normal. We are going to have another lockdown soon in few weeks due to cases rising now. 

3 hours ago, brentrich said:

Not really, it's going to take 2-3 more years to get things back to normal. We are going to have another lockdown soon in few weeks due to cases rising now. 

2-3 years? If that’s the case, there isn’t going to be much left. As far as total lockdowns, I don’t think anyone has an appetite for that. Even with politicians, it seems like a non-starter now. Restrictions may fluctuate but that’s about it.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Just booked a trip out west next month, doing a 10 day loop through Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Moab, Monument valley, Bryce Canyon. Got a direct flight from Buffalo to Phoenix for $170 through Southwest, first 2 bags are free checked in. Cannot wait! Also bought a new camera got the Sony AIII. Excited to take some pictures of the milky way in the desert! 

We did a week long loop several years ago that started and ended in Las Vegas that included the Hoover Dam/Lake Mead, Grand Canyon (south rim), Sedona, Lake Powell, Grand Staircase, Bryce, and Zion. Great trip. I recommend driving east along the Grand Canyon rim then along the Little Colorado canyon. Stayed in Flagstaff — great town, and at 7000 feet they get plenty of snow, though we were there in the summer. The main regret was that we didn’t go to the North Rim, but that’s a very long drive or a brutal hike in summer heat.

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic