• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The vaccine passport is a joke, and it could be the first step in this country never recovering to pre covid times. Unfortunate. 9/11 changed this country so much with the security measures put in place, covid is going to change this country even more. You're going to need a vaccine passport to go to bills/sabres games, to concerts, to travel. This world has gone insane, people die...we all will. Let us live with the short time we have on this amazing planet. 

I’m becoming more comfortable with the idea of staying home in that case. Frankly, I have plenty of entertainment options within my four walls with today’s technology. If too many people feel the same way, these industries that rely on in-person attendance could be in trouble. If you make it too difficult for people to engage in recreational activities, a lot of them might say “forget it” and find something else to do. As long as I can go to my gym, I’m happy. The owner of mine says he has no intention of imposing such requirements.

The vaccine passport is a joke, and it could be the first step in this country never recovering to pre covid times. Unfortunate. 9/11 changed this country so much with the security measures put in place, covid is going to change this country even more. You're going to need a vaccine passport to go to bills/sabres games, to concerts, to travel. This world has gone insane, people die...we all will. Let us live with the short time we have on this amazing planet. 

9 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Good point. The tax base is eroding.

6 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

I’m becoming more comfortable with the idea of staying home in that case. Frankly, I have plenty of entertainment options within my four walls with today’s technology. If too many people feel the same way, these industries could be in trouble. If you make it too difficult for people to engage in recreational activities, a lot of them might say “forget it” and find something else to do. As long as I can go to my gym, I’m happy. The owner of mine says he has no intention of imposing such requirements.

New York continues to make itself one of the most uninhabitable, unfriendly states to live in in this country. From taxes to screwing over the working class to state government control...there isn't much freedom left in this state. If I grew up a Native New Yorker, I would be so saddened with the state I live in. It's a pretty high likelihood my wife and I will not call this state our home by the time if/when we make it to retirement age.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

New York continues to make itself one of the most uninhabitable, unfriendly states to live in in this country. From taxes to screwing over the working class to state government control...there isn't much freedom left in this state. If I grew up a Native New Yorker, I would be so saddened with the state I live in. It's a pretty high likelihood my wife and I will not call this state our home by the time if/when we make it to retirement age.

Jersey is just as bad, unfortunately. Most of my family fled to Florida years ago. In retrospect, I should have followed suit.

• Sad 1

What’s wrong with getting the vaccine? Just don’t understand that whole hubbub with it’s high rate of effectiveness and lack of many reports of negative side effects. Maybe I just don’t understand it, but I received it through my employer and outside of a sore arm, went really well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

What’s wrong with getting the vaccine? Just don’t understand that whole hubbub with it’s high rate of effectiveness and lack of many reports of negative side effects. Maybe I just don’t understand it, but I received it through my employer and outside of a sore arm, went really well.

Nothing is wrong with it, requiring a vaccine to go everywhere is what I have a problem with. People should have a choice. I have my shot scheduled for next Saturday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Nothing is wrong with it, requiring a vaccine to go everywhere is what I have a problem with. People should have a choice. I have my shot scheduled for next Saturday.

In certain cases, especially with new and virulent viruses, maybe it’s something that could be a positive. It’ll eventually be like the flu, and won’t be an every year thing to have to do.

Those 7-Day Traveling Averages for new cases in NYC has doubled from  about 7,000{March 4-10}  to near 15,000{March 25-31}.        This is a solid increase of 3% per day compounded.

Vaccinations do not seem  to be  working.      Take off  your mask and  you could die with or  without the shots.

• Weenie 1

47 minutes ago, WNash said:

This thread has really become a toxic waste dump of denialist BS.

What do you want us to do? Hide in our basements the rest of our lives or run around like our hair is on fire screaming “The end is near”? The hysteria is a big reason why many people have tuned it all out. I’m wearing the mask and being as smart as I can with respect to taking care of myself and interacting with others. You can’t control everything and no one is guaranteed tomorrow with or without Covid. You have to keep living on some level.

• Like 2

Everyone should be expecting a bump in cases as things loosen up a bit. My guess is that this will be a temporary blip. Nice weather will be here along with herd immunity. The vaccines are doing OK against the tougher variants so hoping they won't be an issue. Wouldn't be surprised to see a booster in 6 months for variants, though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vortmax said:

Everyone should be expecting a bump in cases as things loosen up a bit. My guess is that this will be a temporary blip. Nice weather will be here along with herd immunity. The vaccines are doing OK against the tougher variants so hoping they won't be an issue. Wouldn't be surprised to see a booster in 6 months for variants, though. 

Pfizer just released that their vaccine is 91% effective vs south african variant which was once thought to be much lower. It looks like the vaccines really do well vs every variant so far.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pfizer-says-trials-suggest-covid-vaccine-works-against-south-african-n1262710

NYC Out of the Woods in two months?          Yeah, and right into the Deepest Part of the Lake.

THE SEVEN DAY TRAVELING AVERAGE IS NOW BACK TO THE SEVEN DAY LEVEL OF JANUARY 18, when few New Yorkers had been vaccinated.     WHY IS THIS?    Comments please.

6 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

NYC Out of the Woods in two months?          Yeah, and right into the Deepest Part of the Lake.

THE SEVEN DAY TRAVELING AVERAGE IS NOW BACK TO THE SEVEN DAY LEVEL OF JANUARY 18, when few New Yorkers had been vaccinated.     WHY IS THIS?    Comments please.

Most have been young people

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/older-americans-largely-vaccinated-covid-19-cases-younger/story?id=76777363

First Met game postponed due to Nats players testing positive  for Covid 19.

I thought the MLB had a better plan if players tested positive. How about bringing some players up from the minors. No one got vaccinated?

This is bullshit. The whole series looks like it will be postponed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

First Met game postponed due to Nats players testing positive  for Covid 19.

I thought the MLB had a better plan if players tested positive. How about bringing some players up from the minors. No one got vaccinated?

This is bullshit. The whole series looks like it will be postponed.

Sports are a hard watch right now. I can’t take them seriously with no crowds and all these other protocols.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic