• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

On 3/19/2021 at 12:40 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Thoughts on the Bills moves so far? I wish we restructured Brown instead of Sanders. 

Covid-19 killed free agency this year, salary cap was much lower than originally anticipated.. Teams are making cuts they normally wouldn't and players are signing short term contracts in hopes of a bigger pay day in a year or two..

Giants for example hosted golladay for like 2.5 days (lol) but they have very little salary cap for this season, they have to hope these players will take back loaded contracts..They are also bringing CB jackson in for a visit, who they also can't really afford haha.. Hopefully for my sanity they find a way to nab one of the two and address the other position at #11 in the draft..

• Like 1

Brazilian variant found in Brooklyn

90 year old male

Brooklyn resident, 90, has contagious

Brazilian variant of COVID-19, Cuomo says.The first New York case of the Brazilian coronavirus variant was found in an elderly Brooklyn resident, Gov. Cuomo said. The Brazilian variant is more easily transmitted and can cause more severe illness in those who are infected

15 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Brazilian variant found in Brooklyn

90 year old male

Brooklyn resident, 90, has contagious

Brazilian variant of COVID-19, Cuomo says.The first New York case of the Brazilian coronavirus variant was found in an elderly Brooklyn resident, Gov. Cuomo said. The Brazilian variant is more easily transmitted and can cause more severe illness in those who are infected

Be careful including "Brazilian" in that reference. The crybabies in the Lakes/Ohio Valley sub will have your head. :rolleyes:

I understand calling it the "China Virus" is not productive or positive at all....but NOT every event that happens in our nation is due to hatred towards a "certain group" of people. Some of it is just HATRED IN GENERAL.  ALL involved are victims, regardless of their lifestyle, race, or choices. Sometimes it is those things...sometimes not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Be careful including "Brazilian" in that reference. The crybabies in the Lakes/Ohio Valley sub will have your head. :rolleyes:

I understand calling it the "China Virus" is not productive or positive at all....but NOT every event that happens in our nation is due to hatred towards a "certain group" of people. Some of it is just HATRED IN GENERAL.  ALL involved are victims, regardless of their lifestyle, race, or choices. Sometimes it is those things...sometimes not.

People get so offended these days

We had the Spanish Flu 

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

People get so offended these days

We had the Spanish Flu 

You surely mean the "variant that originated from somewhere south of the Equator" when you say that, correct?

P.S. I was referring to the Brazilian reference. lol

The Spanish Flu may have come from some place on the other side of the Atlantic from the U.S.

Just now, Luke_Mages said:

Whatever variant I have is kicking my ass. Must be Brazilian.

Ya @TugHillMatt I got rid of social media about 5 years ago because of that, my wife too. We’re part of maybe 50 people under 40 wo facebook. Do not miss.

Bummer! Sorry to read that you're so sick.

Kudos to you on living your life off of Facebook. As I get older, the less I feel the need to advertise my life on Facebook and provide ammunition in any form for people to judge, bicker, or be offended. I keep it to light-hearted, humorous thoughts, if that. I actually had people messaging me to make sure I was "alright" because I'd been so "silent" on FB this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@Luke_Mages How are you feeling so far? Worst symptoms? Is it worse/easier than you thought?

I’d say that I foolishly thought I’d be one of the asymptomatic cases. Overall I’d liken it to mild case of the flu with a couple of weird symptoms. Here’s my timeline:

Tuesday: Noticed my cardio workout was a little tough. I compared my heart rate to the previous like session and averaged 10bpm higher. Body was sore but was attributing that to a leg workout the previous Friday. 

Wednesday. Sore and irritable. Talking winded me. My skin was sensitive, like a light sunburn. 

Thursday: More of the same but more intense. Nasal congestion started along with a sore throat. Was tested that morning. 

Friday: Same as above but lost sense of taste around lunch time. Ended up falling asleep around 6 pm. Wife’s test results came back positive. 

Saturday: Aches and sunburn feeling went away but very congested. Was able to be productive around the house but had to nap at one point. 

Today(Sunday): Not as congested. No aches, am able to be productive with getting winded. Maybe a little tired. Sitting on the patio annoying the sun. 

Im going to wait till next weekend to hit the gym, in the meantime I’ve just been force feeding myself. This no taste thing sucks. It’s not your entire tongue. Things that are bitter stand out. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

I’d say that I foolishly thought I’d be one of the asymptomatic cases. Overall I’d liken it to mild case of the flu with a couple of weird symptoms. Here’s my timeline:

Tuesday: Noticed my cardio workout was a little tough. I compared my heart rate to the previous like session and averaged 10bpm higher. Body was sore but was attributing that to a leg workout the previous Friday. 

Wednesday. Sore and irritable. Talking winded me. My skin was sensitive, like a light sunburn. 

Thursday: More of the same but more intense. Nasal congestion started along with a sore throat. Was tested that morning. 

Friday: Same as above but lost sense of taste around lunch time. Ended up falling asleep around 6 pm. Wife’s test results came back positive. 

Saturday: Aches and sunburn feeling went away but very congested. Was able to be productive around the house but had to nap at one point. 

Today(Sunday): Not as congested. No aches, am able to be productive with getting winded. Maybe a little tired. Sitting on the patio annoying the sun. 

Im going to wait till next weekend to hit the gym, in the meantime I’ve just been force feeding myself. This no taste thing sucks. It’s not your entire tongue. Things that are bitter stand out. 

How are your wifes symptoms? I wonder if you have the UK variant? Sounds similar to the people at my work. It seems that's the predominant strain in the USA now? That lost of taste will likely last many months. I think I want the vaccine lol.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

How are your wifes symptoms? I wonder if you have the UK variant? Sounds similar to the people at my work. It seems that's the predominant strain in the USA now? That lost of taste will likely last many months. I think I want the vaccine lol.

Hers are about the same with exception to the skin sensitivity. Ironically she was scheduled for the vaccine Friday but had to cancel because of the active infection. 

6 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

That seems to be one of the major hallmarks of this virus and the thing that makes me somewhat leery of it.  Some older or weaker people have zero/minimal symptoms and some very healthy people end up with severe and long lasting symptoms.  

I just talked to a business acquaintance who is a healthy 40 years old.  His whole family got it and the rest all had minor symptoms.  He ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and kidney failure!  No rhyme or reason.  It’s a good reminder that I don’t want it because who knows....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, winter_rules said:

That seems to be one of the major hallmarks of this virus and the thing that makes me somewhat leery of it.  Some older or weaker people have zero/minimal symptoms and some very healthy people end up with severe and long lasting symptoms.  

I just talked to a business acquaintance who is a healthy 40 years old.  His whole family got it and the rest all had minor symptoms.  He ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and kidney failure!  No rhyme or reason.  It’s a good reminder that I don’t want it because who knows....

Yeah, the way it affects random people in so many random ways makes it anxiety-inducing. Still so much up in the air.

I am in a personal dilemma of continuing to risk possible exposure to it or getting the vaccine. I am also anxious about getting the vaccine (for personal reasons of my own).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, the way it affects random people in so many random ways makes it anxiety-inducing. Still so much up in the air.

I am in a personal dilemma of continuing to risk possible exposure to it or getting the vaccine. I am also anxious about getting the vaccine (for personal reasons of my own).

Same here.  I'm generally not anti-vaccines but this one just worries me.  Probably because of the speed with which it was developed.  I know I don't want to get the virus either, though.  The after-effects can be brutal and it's a terrible way to die if heaven forbid it came to that. A co-worker of my mom's passed away from it two months ago.  She was overweight and had diabetes but it's a risk no matter what your health profile is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Hers are about the same with exception to the skin sensitivity. Ironically she was scheduled for the vaccine Friday but had to cancel because of the active infection. 

That's a pretty rare symptom, can't say in all the research I've done that I've seen that one. The one that scares me the most is the brain fog from long haul covid. It is the primary reason I am now getting the vaccine.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/what-is-covid-19-brain-fog-and-how-can-you-clear-it-2021030822076

• Like 1

The NFL is welcoming fans back to the draft, announcing Monday that the event, which will take place in Cleveland from April 29 to May 1, will have a select number of prospects, fans and media in attendance.

Clubs will designate a number of draft ambassadors -- fans who get front-row seats. They must be vaccinated and wear masks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31113173/nfl-reveals-plans-2021-draft-cleveland

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Wow what has our world come to, can't go to the grocery store without worrying about your life being taken..

RIP to the victims in boulder colorado..

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/boulder-colorado-shooting-tuesday/index.html

I don’t see it getting better either. There’s a ton of resentment, hate and anger in our society. I can’t even say it’s the events of the past year causing people to snap because these tragedies have been occurring long before then.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

I don’t see it getting better either. There’s a ton of resentment, hate and anger in our society. I can’t even say it’s the events of the past year causing people to snap because these tragedies have been occurring long before then.

I don't get why so many people hate people of other beliefs or that are different from themselves. You're right, there is so much division and hate. We're literally all equal. We all came here the same way, we're all humans. The golden rule is all we have to do, treat others as you want to be treated. It's so simple, yet so hard. I'm of the belief that people can do anything they want or believe anything they want as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't get why so many people hate people of other beliefs or that are different from themselves. You're right, there is so much division and hate. We're literally all equal. We all came here the same way, we're all humans. The golden rule is all we have to do, treat others as you want to be treated. It's so simple, yet so hard. I'm of the belief that people can do anything they want or believe anything they want as long as it doesn't hurt someone else.  

I completely agree.  If people took a step back, they'd see that we have so much more in common than we realize.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, Luke_Mages said:

I think they knew Brown lost a step after his injuries. 

Also, has any other subscriber to this thread gotten covid yet or am I the first? 
Have no idea how I caught it. Mostly feels like the flu except the loss of taste and skin hypersensitivity which I read is a rare but documented symptom. 

Whole family had it back in December... except me!  5 negative swabs over 3 weeks, 3 negative antibody tests... beats me how I couldn’t catch it...  Kids were fine after 2 days.  Wife had mild flu symptoms for about a week but didn’t have taste smell back for almost a month.  Only odd long term thing so far has been hair loss.  My wife has been losing an unusual amount of hair recently and another female coworker of mine who had it around the same time said she literally has handfuls of hair falling out daily.  This whole virus is just so weird... 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic