• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I got my second shot of Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon and I haven’t experienced any side effects coming up on 22 hours (knock on wood). I just read that younger people experience more severe side effects because their immune systems have a much more robust response to the vaccine. 

Friend of mine got 2nd Pfizer shot the other day, near 60 y.o. He had 101 fever afterwards and the usual flu symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone else with any vaccine updates? My sister got her 2nd dose and was in bed for about 2 days, she feels fine now. 

Mom just got her 2nd Moderna couple days ago...a little slow for a day, but nothing major. Dad just got first Pfizer...no issues other than sore arm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Another big jump down in hospitalizations, down to 48k

image.thumb.png.d42e142fc27354d547d7cf3ea6faaaab.png

I’m really beginning to think that the combination of vaccinations, symptomatic and asymptotic ( I’m guessing there are millions who don’t know they were ever sick) and some naturally immune due to antibodies for the coronavirus the cold strain, as that one German publication researchers found, that were close to the 65% mark for herd immunity. If that’s the case then it’s no wonder as more people become vaccinated then this MIGHT be nearing an end in the next few months. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I also want to make note of the info BW posted yesterday about Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson still having antibodies after 11months. Could there’s been permanent? If so would they need a vaccination?

Their antibodies were not permanent, they lasted 11 months. However, the virus is no longer "novel" for their bodies. Their bodies know what to do the next time they get covid or a similar variant. They will likely still be able to get infected, but it won't be a severe illness, more likely a common cold. The vaccine is not permanent either, and will likely need booster shots in the future to keep the antibodies alive and well. It will likely be a yearly thing similar to the flu for the next few years.

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m really beginning to think that the combination of vaccinations, symptomatic and asymptotic ( I’m guessing there are millions who don’t know they were ever sick) and some naturally immune due to antibodies for the coronavirus the cold strain, as that one German publication researchers found, that were close to the 65% mark for herd immunity. If that’s the case then it’s no wonder as more people become vaccinated then this MIGHT be nearing an end in the next few months. 

image.thumb.png.e4b1ddf17c16cbfa843f302d7bbddd97.png

image.thumb.png.1cecf6eb01de7f471957c62b611a99d2.png

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I saw! The first step! This could go a long way to some semblance of normalcy this summer!!!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

Hoping they have the state fair this year..

ST baseball has had some%of fans as well, hoping that carries into the reg season...

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 5:32 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

I got tickets to Bills season opener. If fans are allowed as well as tailgaiting, it will be the most epic party of all time. I CANNOT WAIT. :drunk:

Bought seasons this year. Cant wait! (As long as we’re allowed). 

also, something I think we discussed at the beginning of covid about obesity and covid death rates. 
Overweight countries, 0.1%. Healthy countries 0.01%. 
If obesity got the attention covid got healthcare insurance costs wouldn’t be what they are. 
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/health/obesity-covid-death-rate-intl/index.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

also, something I think we discussed at the beginning of covid about obesity and covid death rates. 
If obesity got the attention covid got healthcare insurance costs wouldn’t be what they are. 

Is that acceptable to discuss? I’m sure someone would whine about fat-shaming if people emphasized the dangers of being overweight, especially in these times. You know, the same ones who love to lecture about science.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 5:32 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

I got tickets to Bills season opener. If fans are allowed as well as tailgaiting, it will be the most epic party of all time. I CANNOT WAIT. :drunk:

Honest question...who are they playing? I didn’t think the season schedule was released yet so how do they know the date? 

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Honest question...who are they playing? I didn’t think the season schedule was released yet so how do they know the date? 

I think its the Jets. My buddy bought 2 pairs of seasons and I'm going to half the games with him. I expect things to be completely normal by then. Things "should" be completely normal by June 1st if enough vaccines for everyone by then. My mom got scheduled for vaccine in Syracuse, my grandma in Buffalo. My wifes best friend in Rochester due to having a small scare with skin cancer at a young age. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Speaking of this I gained 6 covid lbs this winter. :unsure:

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic