• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

18 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This thing really is toast by April...cannot wait for a semi normal summer!

New York statewide positivity rate, now at 2.99 percent, dropped below 3 percent for the first time since November 23.

The daily positivity rate in WNY is 1.1%! The rolling 7 day 2.3%! My guess is if the rolling lowers to 1% we will go back to green.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This thing really is toast by April...cannot wait for a semi normal summer!

New York statewide positivity rate, now at 2.99 percent, dropped below 3 percent for the first time since November 23.

Fingers crossed. People have legitimately had enough. Someone brought up the latest virus news at work the other day and a colleague actually got visibly mad and asked the group to talk about something else. He didn’t lose anyone to Corona but he’s just tired of having all this rammed down his throat for the past year. It really does wear on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Fingers crossed. People have legitimately had enough. Someone brought up the latest virus news at work the other day and a colleague actually got visibly mad and asked the group to talk about something else. He didn’t lose anyone to Corona but he’s just tired of having all this rammed down his throat for the past year. It really does wear on you.

It's almost been an entire year since the lockdowns started. I'm ready for things to get back to normal too. I cannot wait to walk into the gym without a mask on. But with Cuomo as governor it might not happen for another year. =(

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

The daily positivity rate in WNY is 1.1%! The rolling 7 day 2.3%! My guess is if the rolling lowers to 1% we will go back to green.

Those are incredible numbers! It's dropping so fast. Hospitalizations are down to the last 2 peaks we had in April and the other in summer and dropping quickly. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Those are incredible numbers! It's dropping so fast. Hospitalizations are down to the last 2 peaks we had in April and the other in summer and dropping quickly. 

Doesn't matter, it will skyrocket again next month due to variant so we will be in lockdown again so don't get your hopes up high. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It's almost been an entire year since the lockdowns started. I'm ready for things to get back to normal too. I cannot wait to walk into the gym without a mask on. But with Cuomo as governor it might not happen for another year. =(

Although I’m liking the backlash Cuomo has been facing regarding the Nursing home death coverup. I for one believe he should pay for this mess as it was his direction that caused it. In other words BW we may not be dealing with him running the show too much longer if the findings hold that he and his staff were complicit in these allegations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Although I’m liking the backlash Cuomo has been facing regarding the Nursing home death coverup. I for one believe he should pay for this mess as it was his direction that caused it. In other words BW we may not be dealing with him running the show too much longer if the findings hold that he and his staff were complicit in these allegations 

I don’t disagree, but I’m scared of his replacement if he loses the next election.  Republicans stand almost zero chance of winning a statewide election in NY, and Cuomo’s election challenges recently have been in the primary from people farther to the left.  Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

Just now, winter_rules said:

I don’t disagree, but I’m scared of his replacement if he loses the next election.  Republicans stand almost zero chance of winning a statewide election in NY, and Cuomo’s election challenges recently have been in the primary from people farther to the left.  Be careful what you wish for.

No argument here. I’m hoping for a moderate candidate in either scenario one that will have all New Yorkers in mind, not just the constituents of NYC and whatever agenda they feed

• Like 5

3 hours ago, brentrich said:

Doesn't matter, it will skyrocket again next month due to variant so we will be in lockdown again so don't get your hopes up high. 

I thought the variants were already here. Where’s the out of control spread? Honestly, I’m tired of the fear mongering. Life will never be free from risk.  We have to move on at some point and just learn how to live with this. Not giving people some hope that things will return to a semblance of normalcy might also dissuade them from getting the vaccine. If things won't go back to normal, where's the payoff?  We need some reassurance and morale boosters to let us know that all of these restrictions aren’t for nothing. Give people something to look forward to and it might give them the fortitude to hang in there for a bit longer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It's real and it's coming. We will face another lockdown soon in March. Also we will not reach herd immunity by late spring. more of early/mid fall. 

As coronavirus vaccinations ramped up in the US at the start of this year, the hopeful progress was overshadowed by fears of variants. Scientists worried that B.1.1.7, the more contagious variant discovered in the UK, would keep coronavirus cases high through the winter even as more people got shots. 

"The restrictions applied across the US right now, on average, are not tight enough to control B.1.1.7," Ian Shepherdson, chief economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, wrote on February 12. He added that the US was "in a race between B.1.1.7 and the pace of vaccinations."

But this week, Shepherdson changed his tune: "If B.1.1.7 cases don't accelerate markedly over the next month, it will become realistic to call the effective end of the US COVID crisis — at least in terms of the case and hospitalization numbers — by the end of April," Shepherdson wrote on Monday.

Daily US cases have dropped by roughly 74%, on average, in the last six weeks. The country recorded fewer than 53,000 cases on Monday — its lowest daily count since October. On Tuesday, however, daily cases rose to nearly 68,000.

Daily deaths have also declined 38% over the last six weeks, while daily hospitalizations have fallen 55%. 

On 2/25/2021 at 5:53 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

After almost 2 years due to Covid I finally had my virtual lawsuit for my fence. I think we put together a pretty solid case. I'll hear back in 2-3 weeks. Either way I'll be getting it properly done later this summer.

Lounge by the pool, sipping your drink in the 90 degree heat....and watch them do it right! :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone else with any vaccine updates? My sister got her 2nd dose and was in bed for about 2 days, she feels fine now. 

I got my second shot of Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon and I haven’t experienced any side effects coming up on 22 hours (knock on wood). I just read that younger people experience more severe side effects because their immune systems have a much more robust response to the vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic