• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

7 hours ago, CIK62 said:

WHICH WILL COME FIRST....................IMMUNITY OR DEATH?           WOULD YOU BELIEVE THIS CAN NOT BE DECIDED AT THIS LATE DATE?

Separately, I heard Gov. Cuomo say the vaccine will likely not work anyway.       This article tries to ease you into that fact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9173091/Super-covid-mean-vaccinating-100-population-not-stop-spread.html?ito=push-notification&ci=70515&si=23068802

Fauci came out today apparently started down talking vaccine effectiveness, esp in regards to new strains of the C19 virus, but even in regards to efficacy w.r.t. the main strains.  I hate to sound conspiratorial (unless it's a really good conspiracy ;) ), but one gets the sense that TPTB are envisioning the 1,000 Year Reich of Masks.  It would definately keep certain interests that are normally side players in the political power structure (public health bureaucrats) large and in charge.

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Fauci came out today apparently started down talking vaccine effectiveness, esp in regards to new strains of the C19 virus, but even in regards to efficacy w.r.t. the main strains.  I hate to sound conspiratorial (unless it's a really good conspiracy ;) ), but one gets the sense that TPTB are envisioning the 1,000 Year Reich of Masks.  It would definately keep certain interests that are normally side players in the political power structure (public health bureaucrats) large and in charge.

I have COVID and finally on the upswing after a 12 day fever.  There is roughly 25% of front line healthcare workers that are refusing the vaccine in CNY.  Teachers are afraid to get it but may be forced to eventually.  There are so many unknowns with the vaccine, long term side effects, it is unsettling.  I have talked to colleagues who work in the hospitals who had COVID, got the vaccine, and had horrible reactions with a couple individuals getting full blown COVID again.  It’s the razors edge with getting the vaccine or getting COVID, beating it and developing natural antibodies.  Masks are here to stay, unfortunately, because of all the unknowns.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SyracuseStorm said:

I have COVID and finally on the upswing after a 12 day fever.  There is roughly 25% of front line healthcare workers that are refusing the vaccine in CNY.  Teachers are afraid to get it but may be forced to eventually.  There are so many unknowns with the vaccine, long term side effects, it is unsettling.  I have talked to colleagues who work in the hospitals who had COVID, got the vaccine, and had horrible reactions with a couple individuals getting full blown COVID again.  It’s the razors edge with getting the vaccine or getting COVID, beating it and developing natural antibodies.  Masks are here to stay, unfortunately, because of all the unknowns.

That's concerning. I've been patiently waiting for the vaccine and will continue to do so.  I haven't been exactly chomping at the bit to get it but have been planning to do so when my time comes. My sister is a pharmacist and has had reservations about the vaccines given the type (recombinant RNA?) and less than the usual run time on trial testing. Hopefully by Summer the verdict will be in. 

I hope you recover fully, sorry to hear that you've got it.  Are you taking any meds?  I know 5 people that have got it, or tested +, in the past few months and all had mild or even no symptoms.

I had a ferocious "flu" that evolved into walking pneumonia in Oct/Nov 2019 when I got back from Europe. Took me 3 weeks to fully shake it. Antibiotics did little/nothing.  I tested negative for C19 antibodies the following May (2020) but i've been suspicious as C19 was probably starting to gain traction at low levels in northern italy that early based on what I have read.  And i was around a surprising number of Chinese tourists in Prague/Amsterdam.  Still makes me wonder.  I told people that I didn't go to China but...it came to me. 

10 hours ago, SyracuseStorm said:

I hope all these people who don't want the vaccine help bump me up in the line.  I have zero reservations and concerns about any effects.  I know at least a dozen people who have gotten the first shot and had absolutely zero reaction.  I think a lot of these people claiming adverse reactions have vivid imaginations and suffer from psychosomatic symptoms.  It's safe, it's extremely similar to many vaccines routinely taken.  Anyway, keep spreading the fear, hopefully it gets me a jab sooner!

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

I hope all these people who don't want the vaccine help bump me up in the line.  I have zero reservations and concerns about any effects.  I know at least a dozen people who have gotten the first shot and had absolutely zero reaction.  I think a lot of these people claiming adverse reactions have vivid imaginations and suffer from psychosomatic symptoms.  It's safe, it's extremely similar to many vaccines routinely taken.  Anyway, keep spreading the fear, hopefully it gets me a jab sooner!

If it was extremely safe wouldn't Roswell be giving its patients the vaccine as quickly as possible? It seems there are some reservations and isn't this a relatively new vaccine with MRNA vs a typical flu vaccine with a weakened strain into the body?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If it was extremely safe wouldn't Roswell be giving its patients the vaccine as quickly as possible? It seems there are some reservations and isn't this a relatively new vaccine with MRNA vs a typical flu vaccine with a weakened strain into the body?

I have no information as to the decisions they are making about treating people who’s bodies are destroyed by Chemo, radiation, and cancer itself.. That scenario is obviously a far more complex discussion.  As for regular healthy adults, I have little concern. I trust our scientists. I trust the vaccine makers and doctors. Call me crazy, I’m a hopeless optimist. 

You know what I know causes severe life changing symptoms?  The virus itself. The lung damage studies I’m seeing are absolutely terrifying. I’ll take my chances on the vaccine that so far have shown nothing anywhere near the damage caused by the virus itself. It’s an easy decision for me. 

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

You know what I know causes severe life changing symptoms?  The virus itself. The lung damage studies I’m seeing are absolutely terrifying. I’ll take my chances on the vaccine that so far have shown nothing anywhere near the damage caused by the virus itself. It’s an easy decision for me. 

Vaccine doesn't work, just FYI. Few people have already died from covid vaccine. 

3 hours ago, brentrich said:

Vaccine doesn't work, just FYI. Few people have already died from covid vaccine. 

I believe the vaccines do work and everyone who has not been exposed to COVID should get one.  It makes sense to get some protection rather than none.  The problem it with the variants of the virus as there are new ones popping up seemingly every day.  A flu vaccine doesn’t mean you will not get the flu, it will offer protection and same goes with the COVID vaccine.  

6 hours ago, Syrmax said:

That's concerning. I've been patiently waiting for the vaccine and will continue to do so.  I haven't been exactly chomping at the bit to get it but have been planning to do so when my time comes. My sister is a pharmacist and has had reservations about the vaccines given the type (recombinant RNA?) and less than the usual run time on trial testing. Hopefully by Summer the verdict will be in. 

I hope you recover fully, sorry to hear that you've got it.  Are you taking any meds?  I know 5 people that have got it, or tested +, in the past few months and all had mild or even no symptoms.

I had a ferocious "flu" that evolved into walking pneumonia in Oct/Nov 2019 when I got back from Europe. Took me 3 weeks to fully shake it. Antibiotics did little/nothing.  I tested negative for C19 antibodies the following May (2020) but i've been suspicious as C19 was probably starting to gain traction at low levels in northern italy that early based on what I have read.  And i was around a surprising number of Chinese tourists in Prague/Amsterdam.  Still makes me wonder.  I told people that I didn't go to China but...it came to me. 

Appreciate it brotha and no meds other than Tylenol and aspirin with pedialyte.  Your sister is right to be concerned but better to have some protection than none.  As for your travels, thank you for sharing as you are probably Patient Zero.:)

You should get an antibody test as you may have had it.  

Just now, SyracuseStorm said:

Appreciate it brotha and no meds other than Tylenol and aspirin with pedialyte.  Your sister is right to be concerned but better to have some protection than none.  As for your travels, thank you for sharing as you are probably Patient Zero.:)

You should get an antibody test as you may have had it.  

I did get an antibody test back in May 2020 out of curiosity but it was negative.  My friends were also calling me Patient Zero for a while but turns out probably not!  I know there have been issues with both the antibody tests and the active covid PCR tests but...I have to go with what the test result showed.  I've had 3 covid tests for various reasons, including last week. All were negative.  

I’m rooting for Brady now that he’s out of our division. I hate him a lot but he’s easily the GOAT so I’m rooting for him to get another one to basically give the patriots a big middle finger for letting him walk to another team. Incredible they’re the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium. Go Bucs! 

7 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I’m rooting for Brady now that he’s out of our division. I hate him a lot but he’s easily the GOAT so I’m rooting for him to get another one to basically give the patriots a big middle finger for letting him walk to another team. Incredible they’re the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium. Go Bucs! 

I'm rooting hard for the chiefs, Packers got screwed by refs....again. Its like clockwork with Brady teams. 

22 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Wallstreetbets reddit and Gamestop. Is that market manipulation? The markets are changing away from fundamentals, that's for sure. 

Post of the day so far from Wallstreetbets GME forum:

"Got gf tossing my salad as we are breaking this wall boys"  :lmao:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Chamath is in. Now we have a Billionaire joining the Robinhood Reddit tards pumping this thing up.  LOOOL.  I have zero free cash in my trading account or I'd pile in for a quick trade.

Same here just got a quote for remodeling my kitchen, so all my cash is all going towards that or I'd be putting some in as well. Fun times ahead in the trading world.

Can one of you guys explain what I keep reading regarding stocks... that is shorting... Call me dumb but I’ve googled it and still don’t grasp it ..

I’ve just bought stocks and let them ride, though I did do a quick flip back went Kodak went to the moon in the summer...
that said I’d love a GameStop run on EV stock im currently 600 shares deep on...

4 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

Can one of you guys explain what I keep reading regarding stocks... that is shorting... Call me dumb but I’ve googled it and still don’t grasp it ..

I’ve just bought stocks and let them ride, though I did do a quick flip back went Kodak went to the moon in the summer...
that said I’d love a GameStop run on EV stock im currently 600 shares deep on...

Shorting is basically a strategy that bets a stock (or bond) or commodity will drop in price. Its the opposite approach to buying a stock and hoping it goes up in price.  

Read THIS

Gamestop Explodes Higher As Stock Is Now Trapped In Gamma Vortex

This is the greatest thing I've seen in a while.  CNBC Buffoons all aghast.  Can't wait till tomorrow as my cash trading account has a lot of money settling.  Gonna be tempting to join the festivities....and there are many other targets to short squeeze. It's almost a daily ATM at this point.

21 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Enter the Vortex...GME up 27% already in After Hours trading. Just incredible how Planet of the Apes are working this thing over.

Update: just printed $240.  

Screenshot_20210126-164036_Stocktwits.thumb.jpg.d7b7d7b6dade5349e3002adbe533c328.jpg

I love it. We don't need hedge fund traders anymore and the rich controlling the market. Combined, the individual investors can actually disrupt the market. It's incredible. Have never seen anything like it.

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic