• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

10 hours ago, brentrich said:

Why is no one on news talking about coronavirus lately. We just hit almost 110k new cases and 1200+ deaths (new record) for today. 

I guess you missed this thing called the election? Lol 

That's our top story right now, not the coronavirus..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Quite the voter turnout in Milwaukee...  Seeing a few places reporting these numbers.  Considering the fact checkers haven’t censored this yet any truth?

448EF566-A028-4B07-98B7-D1C932D09FFF.png

Wisconsin offers same day registration. The democrats used this same tactic back in 2016 to discredit the republican votes. I literally see this plastered all over my facebook wall saying its impossible to have more votes then registered voters. So many misinformed voters. 

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/same-day-registration.aspx

Wisconsin: 

Election Day.

Precinct polling place where voter resides.

All individuals must provide both a proof of residency document and proof of identification document to register on Election Day. The statewide voter registration system provides notification to local election officials to prevent duplicate registration records, although that process happens only after the registration is entered into the system which is usually after Election Day. Voting at two locations on Election Day is a felony offense.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Wisconsin offers same day registration. The democrats used this same tactic back in 2016 to discredit the republican votes. I literally see this plastered all over my facebook wall saying its impossible to have more votes then registered voters. So many misinformed voters. 

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/same-day-registration.aspx

Wisconsin: 

Election Day.

Precinct polling place where voter resides.

All individuals must provide both a proof of residency document and proof of identification document to register on Election Day. The statewide voter registration system provides notification to local election officials to prevent duplicate registration records, although that process happens only after the registration is entered into the system which is usually after Election Day. Voting at two locations on Election Day is a felony offense.

Yup and if you believe exit polls new voters leaned Biden..

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If he wins by more than 1% there cannot be a recount correct? And a recount in Wisconsin won't find 20k votes. There will definitely be a recount in Georgia, as its going to be super close. 

I don't know that for sure but if it's 150k-200k then we have no need for a recount lol

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah Georgia is definitely going to be razor thin..

As of this morning, there are close to 50,000 votes left to be counted in Georgia, according to Walter Jones, spokesperson for the Secretary of State’s office.

Biden is going to need about 35k out of the 50k..

So he needs to win 70% of the vote, I thought he needed to win 64% of the vote in Blue leaning districts which was attainable. I know NYT had him at 64% chance to win last time it updated. 

Just now, vortmax said:

Sounds like there needs to be a national voting standard that all states must follow. All this state-led rules/law around national elections is confusing, inefficient, prone for error, and poor optics in tight races. Florida did it the best, it seems.

Florida lost a bunch of mail in ballots

• Like 1

Just now, vortmax said:

Sounds like there needs to be a national voting standard that all states must follow. All these state-led rules/laws around national elections is confusing, inefficient, prone for error, and poor optics in tight races. Florida did it the best, it seems.

This would be the ideal solution, but the US selectively relies on greater or lesser degrees of federalism to administer functions that elsewhere are standardized by a national system. We end up with the current mess (frankly, that’s what it is), allowing states to perform various roles as long as they meet minimum standards in administering those roles. Unfortunately, those standards are perpetually ratcheted down by activist federal courts and in recent years by an executive branch who often wants to “drown the government in a bathtub.”

A convoluted and cumbersome electoral process inarguably lowers participation and allows the government to be run by those with the biggest financial stake. That’s the REAL swamp.

1 minute ago, WNash said:

This would be the ideal solution, but the US selectively relies on greater or lesser degrees of federalism to administer functions that elsewhere are standardized by a national system. We end up with the current mess (frankly, that’s what it is), allowing states to perform various roles as long as they meet minimum standards in administering those roles. Unfortunately, those standards are perpetually ratcheted down by activist federal courts and in recent years by an executive branch who often wants to “drown the government in a bathtub.”

A convoluted and cumbersome electoral process inarguably lowers participation and allows the government to be run by those with the biggest financial stake. That’s the REAL swamp.

Did you see this? This is game breaking 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-passes-resolution-to-throw-states-electoral-votes-to-popular-vote-winner

15 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Sounds like there needs to be a national voting standard that all states must follow. All these state-led rules/laws around national elections is confusing, inefficient, prone for error, and poor optics in tight races. Florida did it the best, it seems.

Yes!!!!! Perfectly said. It’s the optics. Imagine being a redhat and seeing Trump with a 14% lead in PA whittled down to a loss. All via big cities and late counts. I mean, they were warned but still...it leaves a bad impression. 
Obviously, I’m not saying anything nefarious happened but you really must get out ahead of the morons lest they become restless. 

61k votes are outstanding in Georgia. 17,157 from Chatham; 11,200 from Fulton; 7,338 from Gwinnett; 4,713 from Forsyth; 3,641 from Harris; 1,797 from Laurens; 1,552 from Putnam; 1,202 from Sumter; 700 from Cobb. FEAST

Chatnam  57.7%  Dems

Fulton 72.5% Dems

Gwinnett 58.3% Dems

He's down 18k votes. 

Going to be SUPER close.  

• Thanks 1

Allowing people to vote in this country would be a bad thing according to the GOP..

President Donald Trump said that if the United States switched to all-mail voting, “you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

The GOP speaker of the House in Georgia said an all-mail election would be “extremely devastating to Republicans.”

Screenshot_20201105-100958.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yes!!!!! Perfectly said. It’s the optics. Imagine being a redhat and seeing Trump with a 14% lead in PA whittled down to a loss. All via big cities and late counts. I mean, they were warned but still...it leaves a bad impression. 
Obviously, I’m not saying anything nefarious happened but you really must get out ahead of the morons lest they become restless. 

From what I have heard trump and CO tried to stop some states from counting mail-in ballots early, I wonder why lol In PA they didn't start opening 2.5 million mail-in ballots until 7am on election day..I mentioned this red "mirage" a few days back..This was 100% expected..

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic