• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

That is all true. But Trump is just way to “buddy buddy” with a piece of shit commie dictator. It’s really not a good look.

I agree with you!  

Believe me, I don't aim to defend Trump. I think he's uniquely unqualified to be POTUS esp at a time like this.  He's flat out dangerous and I'd vote to have him removed via Article XXV, tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Looks like the WHO did warn people quite early....

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-statement-on-the-advice-of-the-ihr-emergency-committee-on-novel-coronavirus

Jan. 23rd.

"WHO’s risk assessment is that the outbreak is a very high risk in China, and a high risk regionally and globally."

"We recommend exit screening at airports as part of a comprehensive set of containment measures."

"All countries should have in place measures to detect cases of coronavirus, including at health facilities."

7 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like the WHO did warn people quite early....

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-statement-on-the-advice-of-the-ihr-emergency-committee-on-novel-coronavirus

Jan. 23rd.

"WHO’s risk assessment is that the outbreak is a very high risk in China, and a high risk regionally and globally."

"We recommend exit screening at airports as part of a comprehensive set of containment measures."

"All countries should have in place measures to detect cases of coronavirus, including at health facilities."

On January 14th, The Who said there was no human to human transmission, which was the PRCs official stance.  There was no basis for this.  WHO took China’s word, for one of 2 reasons, incompetence or corruption.  China knew the virus was h2h transmittable in November and possibly last summer.  Only when the virus showed up outside China  did WHO and China  change their official position, in lockstep.  Coincidence?  I left China on the 22nd. The coast was clear officially but something was very wrong,  masks were on everyone everywhere.  They knew what was up.  

So, during the peak of Chinese New Year, Chinese people were flying all over the world with the disease, as well as non Chinese going into and out of China, and Chinese moving around China. Italy got hit because of the large Chinese expat population living there.  

My view is that China coerced the WHO into keeping quiet on h2h until the Chinese New Year was over, and that was a global disaster.  And if the WHO were incompetent, same difference.  JI is a bad man, but not incompetent. 

• Like 2

What started as the worst-case scenario for U.S. unemployment is quickly becoming reality. Some economists now see the jobless rate surging to 20% as soon as this month -- and there’s no guarantee it would stop there.

About 5.5 million people are estimated to have filed for unemployment last week, in data due out Thursday. That would push the four-week total above 22 million, roughly one-in-eight of the workforce -- essentially wiping out all the job gains since the last recession.

And jobless claims are expected to stay in the millions for several more weeks, as the impact of the coronavirus cascades through the economy. It all adds up to a worse recession than initially thought, and probably a more difficult recovery once the pandemic subsides.

Many people have been struggling for weeks to file for unemployment benefits via overwhelmed and outdated websites. And while the government has rushed to help by authorizing trillions in stimulus, delays in getting the money to households and businesses -- as well as a possible shortage of program funds -- could push the jobless rate higher or keep it elevated for longer.

740x-1.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

What started as the worst-case scenario for U.S. unemployment is quickly becoming reality. Some economists now see the jobless rate surging to 20% as soon as this month -- and there’s no guarantee it would stop there.

About 5.5 million people are estimated to have filed for unemployment last week, in data due out Thursday. That would push the four-week total above 22 million, roughly one-in-eight of the workforce -- essentially wiping out all the job gains since the last recession.

And jobless claims are expected to stay in the millions for several more weeks, as the impact of the coronavirus cascades through the economy. It all adds up to a worse recession than initially thought, and probably a more difficult recovery once the pandemic subsides.

Many people have been struggling for weeks to file for unemployment benefits via overwhelmed and outdated websites. And while the government has rushed to help by authorizing trillions in stimulus, delays in getting the money to households and businesses -- as well as a possible shortage of program funds -- could push the jobless rate higher or keep it elevated for longer.

740x-1.jpeg

Market experts are saying the unemployment rate and decreased consumer sales is factored into the current market already. I think Q2/Q3 show numbers that are far lower than market expectations. The markets are currently inflated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Deaths down in NYS to 606 today. I think we need to use new hospitalizations instead of deaths/new cases. Where do we find those numbers at? 

606 so far today

Check this out. This is why they ticked the death total for NYS up to 1033 yesterday. 

New CDC guidelines

20200416_123301.jpg

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Deaths down in NYS to 606 today. I think we need to use new hospitalizations instead of deaths/new cases. Where do we find those numbers at? 

Yes I think new hospitalizations is key not just looking at total hospitalized because as more people die each die obviously the numbers or total hospitalized will go down. Example: at the end of March the New York State daily hospitalizations may have been 2000 but there were only 200-300 daily deaths so over the course of a week that’s 14,000 hospitalized and only 1400-2100 deaths in a week where now we have 2000 hospitalizations daily but 700-1000 + people dying daily so now we have 4900-7000+ deaths in a week combined with the daily discharges it makes it look like things are stabilizing when in fact they are not there numbers just leveling off due to more deaths. The key numbers to look at are daily new admissions and daily discharges (not including deaths). You want to see a continued trend of lower daily admissions and higher daily discharges before I would even begin to be encouraged.... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Yes I think new hospitalizations is key not just looking at total hospitalized because as more people die each die obviously the numbers or total hospitalized will go down. Example: at the end of March the New York State daily hospitalizations may have been 2000 but there were only 200-300 daily deaths so over the course of a week that’s 14,000 hospitalized and only 1400-2100 deaths in a week where now we have 2000 hospitalizations daily but 700-1000 + people dying daily so now we have 4900-7000+ deaths in a week combined with the daily discharges it makes it look like things are stabilizing when in fact they are not there numbers just leveling off due to more deaths. The key numbers to look at are daily new admissions and daily discharges (not including deaths). You want to see a continued trend of lower daily admissions and higher daily discharges before I would even begin to be encouraged.... 

Do you know where we can track hospitalizations? 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic