• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Just now, wolfie09 said:

We should just start injection them with the covid-19 virus, they wanna get sick that badly, let them lol If they survive it they can go back to work.. Many of those people are old geezers anyway lol

@BuffaloWeather and I have already volunteered for this. I think that's a smarter approach than shutting everything down. Rolling inoculations with quarantine. 

Just now, Luke_Mages said:

@BuffaloWeather and I have already volunteered for this. I think that's a smarter approach than shutting everything down. Rolling inoculations with quarantine. 

Yeah I'd be game for it. I mean I probably have already had it. I'm also of the thinking this has been around for a lot longer than they've been saying. I have a client who is pretty high up for a very large pharm company. She said she had it in November. My wife was the sickest I've ever seen her in late November. 103+ fever for 4 days, that has never happened since I've known her 10+ years. I did not come down with it, I'm assuming I am one of the asymptomatic.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I'd be game for it. I mean I probably have already had it. I'm also of the thinking this has been around for a lot longer than they've been saying. I have a client who is pretty high up for a very large pharm company. She said she had it in November. My wife was the sickest I've ever seen her in late November. 103+ fever for 4 days, that has never happened since I've known her 10+ years. I did not come down with it, I'm assuming I am one of the asymptomatic.

I'm very curious about this as well. My whole family got RSV in January...then a few weeks later (late-Feb), the kids got 102ish fevers for about 2 days. I got a something at the same time and my wife really struggled with something for about a week. In retrospect, we'd like to get tested for antibodies...just to see. We are Type B and O as well, which is supposedly less susceptible and with less severe symptoms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

What are they protesting? Lol Restrictions put in place?

Buddy of mine sent me a protest March for unemployment in Florida lol

My guess is that part of what set them off was Gov Whitmer's prohibiition was the banning on buying seeds for plants, veggies.  I don't know if it extended to starter plants or whether it has since been revised...because it really made no sense at all.  In fact, it's the exact opposite of what we would want should there be food supply concerns...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

I guess so..

LANSING, Mich. - A conservative group upset with the Michigan governor's restrictive shelter-in-place order are protesting Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Stay Home order in Lansing on Wednesday.

The Michigan Conservative Coalition is organized Operation Gridlock in Lansing today. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people drove into Lansing and have surrounded the Michigan Capitol Building to create a traffic jam - a symbolic gesture of disagreement with Gretchen Whitmer's Stay Safe, Stay Home directive.

Just saw on Twatter that a coalition of Sheriff's in Michigan issued a statement that they would NOT be strictly enforcing Whitmer's Executive Orders...the rebellion is on!  LOL.  She is a doofus, i have to say.  

• Haha 2

I just saw where Cuomo announced that NY will be sending ventilators to other states as needed due to a large oversupply...after all the screeching about needing 30,000 of them in NY alone and the back n forth between him (and others) and Trump...this seems almost comical.

Though...it does beg the question as to exactly how much credence we put into Public Health officials and the models they have been pointing to, which have been pretty aggressively over estimating damn near everything.  Though, i don't actually place blame there entirely...the fact that we (and other nations) had no plan, hadn't thought about this eventuality ahead of time, weren't prepared at all, leads  everyone in charge to panic instead of implementing a coherent response...

Just now, Syrmax said:

I just saw where Cuomo announced that NY will be sending ventilators to other states as needed due to a large oversupply...after all the screeching about needing 30,000 of them in NY alone and the back n forth between him (and others) and Trump...this seems almost comical.

Though...it does beg the question as to exactly how much credence we put into Public Health officials and the models they have been pointing to, which have been pretty aggressively over estimating damn near everything.  Though, i don't actually place blame there entirely...the fact that we (and other nations) had no plan, hadn't thought about this eventuality ahead of time, weren't prepared at all, leads everyone to basically everyone in charge panicking instead of a coherent response...

I think the real reason is that they're realizing that were learning the ventilators do more damage than good. So announcing that he can send them elsewhere is just about looking like the good guy.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

50 cases so far out of 120k spread throughout the county, couldn't ask for better results imo.. People have been taking this serious from day one..

Still no confirmed cases where I live in Albion twp..

Screenshot_20200415-163721.png

I work juuuust below Phoenix. One of our bigger R/C flying clubs is up there. They are currently in a war with a family of beavers at their field. lol. 
Glad to hear you guys are doing good up there. My brother lives up in Central Square. Appreciate you passing the info along man! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

I think the real reason is that they're realizing that were learning the ventilators do more damage than good. So announcing that he can send them elsewhere is just about looking like the good guy.

An interview with an NYC ER doctor said 87% of people that go on ventilators die...He stated he is now treating them as a last resort. He only puts patients on if there are literally no other options. What kind of solution is that?

• Like 1

So what are the options? Let people suffocate to death right in front of you? I don't know what you can do in that scenario.. Maybe this drug everyone is touting? We have no therapeutic vaccines to my knowledge... At least on a ventilator more times than not you are in an induced coma, which at the very least prevents suffering...

Unfortunately most people on a ventilator are going to pass anyway, maybe drug them up and make them as comfortable as possible in their last days especially if ventilators are making the situation worse..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Though...it does beg the question as to exactly how much credence we put into Public Health officials and the models they have been pointing to, which have been pretty aggressively over estimating damn near everything.  Though, i don't actually place blame there entirely...the fact that we (and other nations) had no plan, hadn't thought about this eventuality ahead of time, weren't prepared at all, leads  everyone in charge to panic instead of implementing a coherent response...

I don't see any problem with how this went down.  NY had and still has the highest amount of cases and deaths.  We needed to be ready in case the curve didnt flatten.  Now that things have more or less stabilized they are being redistributed.  He isn't keeping them unnecessarily, other states didn't need them during this time so no one was deprived, it all worked out perfect.  Hard to find fault in a what appears to be a well executed; better safe than sorry plan.  

Now if he had done all that screeching for ventilators and 6 people died, there would be an issue.  The death toll in NYC is insane when you think about it.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

An interview with an NYC ER doctor said 87% of people that go on ventilators die...He stated he is now treating them as a last resort. He only puts patients on if there are literally no other options. What kind of solution is that?

The only other solution I’ve seen work is blood transfusions. 

• Like 1

One last comment..

People are put on a ventilator for a reason, they are in such respiratory distress that they can't breathe on their own..So that means 100% of people would parish if sent home, so 87% actually looks pretty good and according to Cuomo it's about 80% that doesn't make it off...(state wide)

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic