• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

On 4/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

I would wager quite a bit Trump gets reelected so brace yourself for another 4 years. :(

I think Trump has a good chance at re-election. By no means is it a shoe in. 
I’m just concerned about the lies they hit Biden with. They’ll try and paint him as everything Trump actually is- mentally ill and a sexual predator.

Its right out of the Trump play book. Accuse your opponent with everything you’re actually guilty of. “No I’m not, you are!”

And when you have an entire army (and Russian trolls), devoid of moral constraints, you can cause a lot of harm. Get ready. It’s coming. 

• Like 1

Erie County is now up to 101 deaths, up from 73 this morning. Before this the previous high for daily deaths was 9, today we lost 28. Extremely sad and unfortunately I think the slight downward trend the last few days may have just been a blip and were more plateauing with room for things to get worse again if things are opened up too soon or with continued lack of testing/antibody testing/intense contact tracing. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

Erie County had is now up to 101 deaths, up from 73 this morning. Before this the previous high for daily deaths was 9, today we lost 28. Extremely sad and unfortunately I think the slight downward trend the last few days may have just been a blip and were more plateauing with room for things to get worse again if things are opened up too soon or with continued lack of testing/antibody testing/intense contact tracing. 

Yep we are plateauing right now. Curious to see what Cuomo does with Schools and how he plans to reopen the state.

17 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m just concerned about the lies they hit Biden with. They’ll try and paint him as everything Trump actually is- mentally ill and a sexual predator.

Its right out of the Trump play book. Accuse your opponent with everything you’re actually guilty of. “No I’m not, you are!”

And when you have an entire army (and Russian trolls), devoid of moral constraints, you can cause a lot of harm. Get ready. It’s coming. 

This clip will be played over and over. I don’t think Biden has a chance. He can’t even read from a script.  https://grabien.com/story.php?id=278449

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Starting tomorrow , everyone at my job will have their temperature taken before coming into the building.  Anyone with 100.4 or higher will be sent home and have to go sick. 

I see that they are doing this in alot of places.

Yeah starting tomorrow we are forced to wear mask if dealing with any customers.

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

2200 deaths so far in USA today. The highest day by far. 1535 yesterday.

Was some of that the "recount" in NYC area? I just scanned the headline but I caught where a bunch of deaths were restated as Covid-19.  Just wondering. 

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

A return to some normalcy amid coronavirus outbreak could be June or July, Murphy says

https://trib.al/lEler5b

Down there I could believe it. Up here should be in 2-4 weeks.  Not to trivialize, and there's risk if not reopened smartly but It's just not bad enough here to keep it all on current lockdown in most of upstate... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA. Still?  ;)

Biden is being maligned somewhat unfairly (IMO), but the Dems spent the last 3 years in an unprecedented frenzy on Rump. Real whack job stuff and never let up. You had to know this was coming. Especially with Biden, who's shaky and got skeletons...I mean face it, he's a really bizarre dude in his own way.

Dems better get Cuomo going somehow...or else.  I'll vote for Cuomo at this point but not the other two turds. Its NY though, so one's individual POTUS vote doesn't actually matter.

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/politics/trump-name-checks-coronavirus/index.html

What a tool. Talk about a complete egomaniac. Really loved his last tweet, shows what type of person he fancies himself to be. His supporters are delusional - plain and simple. Absolutely no better than those in Nazi Germany or Mussolini's Italy who supported their regimes but didn't fancy themselves to be "evil". Don't like the name calling? Think I'm too ANGRY? Just taking a cue from your boss boys. Buck up buttercup and quit being a snowflake. <^>(-_-)<^>

roflcopters.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Down there I could believe it. Up here should be in 2-4 weeks.  Not to trivialize, and there's risk if not reopened smartly but It's just not bad enough here to keep it all on current lockdown in most of upstate... 

I agree

Likely already more than 11,000 COVID-19 deaths in NYC

https://www.pix11.com/news/coronavirus/more-than-10-000-probably-covid-19-deaths-in-nyc

"His supporters are delusional - plain and simple. Absolutely no better than those in Nazi Germany or Mussolini's Italy who supported their regimes but didn't fancy themselves to be "evil". Don't like the name calling?"

Normally I ignore absurd posts like this, but I'll bite. No, actually I don't like your name calling and insults. It's immature and quite ridiculous. Calling 50% of the country "no better than those in Nazi Germany or Mussolini's Italy" is just insanity beyond how bad you think our POTUS is.  It's so far-fetched and exaggerated that it only emboldens his supporters even more so to vote for him. I could care less what you think of him, besides, I didn't vote for a man, I voted for his policies - and those don't include mass exterminations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, champy said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/politics/trump-name-checks-coronavirus/index.html

What a tool. Talk about a complete egomaniac. Really loved his last tweet, shows what type of person he fancies himself to be. His supporters are delusional - plain and simple. Absolutely no better than those in Nazi Germany or Mussolini's Italy who supported their regimes but didn't fancy themselves to be "evil". Don't like the name calling? Think I'm too ANGRY? Just taking a cue from your boss boys. Buck up buttercup and quit being a snowflake. <^>(-_-)<^>

Seriously?  And you are calling the Trump supporters delusional?  The Pot has met the Kettle...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, champy said:

roflcopters.JPG

Riiiiiiiiight. Its asshats like you making the absolutely most absurd comparisons that have united Trumps base and made sure hes a lock for the next four years.

How in your right mind do you get off comparing what Trumps done to genocidal maniacs who murdered millions? And to say his supports are just as complicate as those in nazi Germany that stood by as Jews were dragged from their houses and raped? What the **** is wrong with you? Even if I saw your dubmass being dragged from your house because of being a snowflake I'd intervene.

'I think we have to assume this is like other respiratory viruses, and there will be a seasonality to it,' Redfield said.   

'The CDC is science-based, data-driven, so we don't know for certain until we see it. But it is critical that we plan that this virus is likely to follow a seasonality pattern similar to flu, and we're going to have another battle with it up front and aggressively next winter.'  

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

'I think we have to assume this is like other respiratory viruses, and there will be a seasonality to it,' Redfield said.   

'The CDC is science-based, data-driven, so we don't know for certain until we see it. But it is critical that we plan that this virus is likely to follow a seasonality pattern similar to flu, and we're going to have another battle with it up front and aggressively next winter.'  

The hope is that COVID doesn't mutate a lot. If this is the case, a vaccine could last up to 5 years with 'boosters'. Also, I believe we're seeing some significant advances in vaccine development which will further mitigate the seasonality of COVID (and the Flu, and RSV). There's even research for a vaccine to prevent colorectal cancer. Exciting times ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deblasio said the death toll might he higher than what it is stated and we have a long road ahead of us.

He is urging everyone who goes shopping to wear a face covering. Stores can kick someone out who doesnt have a face covering.

He also misses baseball 

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Deblasio said the death toll might he higher than what it is stated and we have a long road ahead of us.

He is urging everyone who goes shopping to wear a face covering. Stores can kick someone out who doesnt have a face covering.

He also misses baseball 

We don't have the facemask while shopping mandate here although i was out to grocery store yesterday and i'd say at least half to 3/4ths were wearing one.  I wore one but no gloves as i gave my good ones to someone that might be at more risk going out.  So all i have left are the heavy duty ones you use for scrubbing stuff. I've used those once but if i'm just going in and out of a store and not handling much then...meh.  Just don't touch your mouth/nose/eyes until you can wash.  Virus on skin , esp hands, is not an issue (barring a cut or abrasion).

• Like 1

I just got my batch in today...Took about 2 weeks from China..These are the KN95 mask that are regulated by the Chinese government.. According to the CDC they have the same kind of performance as the N95..They are now "FDA allowed" in this country..They have plenty on AliExpress if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks or ordering from China..lol

IMG_20200415_111434.jpg.0cbbf484be9dbebd

• Like 1

Business insider

Old enough to drive a car? Then you would be old enough to receive $2,000 a month under a plan introduced this week by two Democratic lawmakers in the House of Representatives.

Under the Emergency Money for the People Act, US citizens who are 16 or older — and make less than $130,000 a year — would receive cash payments from the federal government for at least six months and until unemployment falls to pre-pandemic levels

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic