Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late Spring / Summer 2020 Thread

Carvers Gap

On 8/24/2020 at 10:32 PM, mempho said:

So, there's absolutely zero discussion of a possible tropical storm in the Valley?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feel free to post as much tropical info as possible.  MBY is probably good which is why I haven't posted about it.  That said, I am more than willing to read and respond to posts about Laura as your area of the subform seems assured of some impacts if modeling is correct.   But you folks in the west end of the forum, have at it!  Please post observations and thoughts on the system.  You know I am here about every day - I will read it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AMZ8990 said:

I’m still thinking Arkansas takes the brunt of the tropical storm.  Won’t take much to put west Tn in the mix though.  Definitely something we need to keep a eye on

Looks like the latest cone has Laura going into central Arkansas and into southwest KY...then turning sharply eastward.  I will be glad to see some rain.  Might be the ticket to a really nice leaf season in the Smokies with rain now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carvers Gap said:

Looks like the latest cone has Laura going into central Arkansas and into southwest KY...then turning sharply eastward.  I will be glad to see some rain.  Might be the ticket to a really nice leaf season in the Smokies with rain now.

I didn’t think about it from the leaf perspective, that’s a great point.  And yeah central ark is gonna get a lotttt of rain.  I’m only worried about tornados personally, people on the east side of this system need to be on the look out for that.  The storm surge in some of the Louisiana  coastal areas looks catastrophic, definitely gonna keep those folks in my prayers.   

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic
12 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

I bet leaf forecasts will be tough this year. So much variety across East TN in terms of rain this summer. My first summer on the plateau and I feel like I've lived in a rainforest. 

Some of the sweetgums and even an odd maple here and there are starting to get a bit of color here. 

Been seeing reds and yellows here. Saw some yellow leaves drifting off my walnut tree today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1