Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Korona Killer 3/23 Storm Obs

Ginx snewx

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Quickly down to 33F here....flakes have increased in size notably in the past 10 minutes. But they aren't wet aggregates....like Scott said, it's dry hooked dendrite aggregates. You can tell there is good snow growth aloft.

we have medium small flakes here in Ayer in the last 10 minutes...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

all these home stations in Wunder have it 36 to 39 within a couple clicks of mi casa yet the snow aggregation is of the mid-small variety...  

This must be a very narrow ( typical for spring ) warm layer at the bottom. 

PWS stations can suffer from solar insolation even on cloudy days now that the sun is getting strong. I see it with my own.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

PWS stations can suffer from solar insolation even on cloudy days now that the sun is getting strong. I see it with my own.

yeah, that too - calibrations not withstanding... 

I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's 33.1 or something... The snow really is flitting around like light and gingerly ...not 'wet' in nature.  I mean we'll see how long it last...just at onset here.  

Looks like January from the window

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Nah it’s legit warm. We had some thin spots in the ovc. Hit 36.3° at my place. 38° at CON. 

Ugh  :) 

yeah... who knows.   I do know my spring climo around here as we all do and gossamer warm layers out ahead of these kind of blue deals isn't that uncommon in spring.   interesting

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, that too - calibrations not withstanding... 

I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's 33.1 or something... The snow really is flitting around like light and gingerly ...not 'wet' in nature.  I mean we'll see how long it last...just at onset here.  

Looks like January from the window

It's still warm out, but instead of 39 maybe it is like 37 or something. That's all.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's still warm out, but instead of 39 maybe it is like 37 or something. That's all.

MHT and ASH hit 39...FIT 38. It’s probably all legit...just really shallow warmth with the bare ground. Should get wetbulb squashed out of there quickly.