Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

12 hours ago, BooneWX said:

On the bright side... with the near daily rain, I can’t recall a time where my grass has ever looked so good in August. It’s growing like it’s late April. 

What grass? Mine was inundated with fungus and ended up rotting. I couldn't get it to dry out here at my house. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had summer thunderstorm number 100 today with .72 in the gauge (6.8 for the month). Think we can get to 10 inches for the month, maybe a lot more with tropical trouble
Yeah, I'm up to 14.11 inches for the month. Can I break 20? Never done that before. I think 17 is my previous max for one month. Oh, yeah, it's raining...

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, calculus1 said:

Yeah, I'm up to 14.11 inches for the month. Can I break 20? Never done that before. I think 17 is my previous max for one month. Oh, yeah, it's raining...

Wow 14 inches is amazing considering there hasn't been any tropical systems 

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence fellas. I was actually thinking of delaying the Fall/Winter thread until the first of October.  Last September was horrible.  So I was thinking lets get the thread up and running when we can actually track some cooler/colder weather.

Sounds good! Anything to change the mojo!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainforrest said:

Looks like tp13 has the potential to give the southern apps some problems next week. 

GFS has it going right over us; last thing we need is tropical rain since it already seems we live in a tropical rainforest and I'm not even in Transylvania County.:maprain:

Another 0.91 inch of rain today. Maybe more tonight? Unsure. Up to 15.53 inches for the month of August. Just need 4.5 inches more over the next ten days to make it to 20. That's doable. Right? Tropical storms in the mix for next week...

11.46 for me. Should be closer to 13” but my station was down for a few days this week.

I see 20” easy for you.

• Like 2

Y'all are both beating me up here closer to the Blue Ridge we have 8.5. That's one reason the water levels aren't higher on the Catawba, Broad, and others. The mountains have had less rainfall than the foothills and western piedmont. Water levels still high though 

• Like 2