• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

It was pretty strong here. Lasted maybe 10 seconds. Actually had a picture come off the wall. Headed back to the coast today to prepare for the locust. I read on Facebook that they mated with the murder hornets so....... I'll be back in mid September. Ya'll take care of the mountains the best you can. No telling what you might run in to this year.

• Like 2

It was pretty strong here. Lasted maybe 10 seconds. Actually had a picture come off the wall. Headed back to the coast today to prepare for the locust. I read on Facebook that they mated with the murder hornets so....... I'll be back in mid September. Ya'll take care of the mountains the best you can. No telling what you might run in to this year.
Wow...just around the corner from ya basically and I didn't feel a thing!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Looks like flood threat picks up this weekend especially for escarpment areas with low level easterly flow

We can't take much more water on our end of Burke County. It's been dry the last two days but I'd say we had rain for about 8 of the 10 days prior. Several roadways flooded with the last storm. I just hope we don't get a tropical system this fall, or we're really going to see some issues. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

We can't take much more water on our end of Burke County. It's been dry the last two days but I'd say we had rain for about 8 of the 10 days prior. Several roadways flooded with the last storm. I just hope we don't get a tropical system this fall, or we're really going to see some issues. 

Yep same here. A few days is nothing compared to the rainfall we have seen recently.  Going to be interesting starting soon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Thundershower across Maggie brought some gusty winds. We planted a couple of Japanese Red Maples yesterday.  Good to get them in the ground ahead of the rain! Looks like an early season cold front arrives Sunday night/Monday morning.  We could flirt with morning lows well into the lower/mid 50's next week. 

Yeah heavy storms early fall then probably more heat. Typical.

Apparently the FF guidance is low there. WPC has flood risk. 

On the bright side somewhat fall-ish weather is on deck after the front. Watching the Perseid(s) the other night (only one, lol) I noticed Orion coming up in the East. Orion is of course a staple of the winter evening sky. He's like, hold on, fall and winter are on the way!

Hopefully more snow will grace the Mountains this winter, though it'll be a chore with La Nina. Ski areas need our support more than ever. I'd say if not bar hopping at night, it's safe to ski/ride bundled up with face coverings anyway. Get take-out to support restaurants.

Never too early to think ahead, lol! :ski:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Apparently the FF guidance is low there. WPC has flood risk. 

On the bright side somewhat fall-ish weather is on deck after the front. Watching the Perseid(s) the other night (only one, lol) I noticed Orion coming up in the East. Orion is of course a staple of the winter evening sky. He's like, hold on, fall and winter are on the way!

Hopefully more snow will grace the Mountains this winter, though it'll be a chore with La Nina. Ski areas need our support more than ever. I'd say if not bar hopping at night, it's safe to ski/ride bundled up with face coverings anyway. Get take-out to support restaurants.

Never too early to think ahead, lol! :ski:

I went out on the back forty about 4 am Wednesday morning and saw over 20 meteors which was nice; sorry you missed the show.

I plan to hit the slopes this winter; per usual I try to go at the least crowded times possible (early and late season) so social distancing should not be much of a problem.  Always nice to think about skiing instead of how hot it has been at times.  Looking forward to some cooler weather:snowman:

Yes Met1985, a rainy day; just started pouring at the house while I was writing this.:raining:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

Starting to get a little concerned about flooding from tropical systems the next few weeks. Looks like a general 1 to 3 inches by the weekend from an upper low before any potential tropical trouble.

Could get hairy boys and gals.....

Memories of late spring, early summer of '18.

• Sad 1