Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

46 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Another 1.8" overnight brings me to 9.2" storm total. I'm absolutely amazed how relatively low the rivers are around here. The long duration and new spring growth are no doubt helping.

Yea and the antecedent low water levels helped too

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

No, looks like we will have a great chance of rain for the next week.  Nothing new really. Rinse and repeat. 

Robert really harped on drought coming this summer for many areas but it just isn't happening. We already had almost 3 months worth of rain the past week and probably another inch or two this week coming up. 

I'm also seeing signs of another tropical disturbance near Florida/Gulf of Mexico later in the week which could really create some issues 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Robert really harped on drought coming this summer for many areas but it just isn't happening. We already had almost 3 months worth of rain the past week and probably another inch or two this week coming up. 

I'm also seeing signs of another tropical disturbance near Florida/Gulf of Mexico later in the week which could really create some issues 

Yeah a lot of places are literally over 12 inches in surplus for precipitation already this year. That's not counting the huge surplus from last year. 

Just curious, do you mountain guys ever use, or even have a/c? I have a shaded house, do the windows open at night/closed in the day dance and usually make it to about this time to ever turn mine on. I didn't turn it on last year until that hot last week of May and haven't used it yet this year, and it doesn't look like ill need it through mid June at least. Most years I wait until June or later. You mtn peeps are usually anywhere from 5- 20 degrees cooler than me so...  

1 hour ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Just curious, do you mountain guys ever use, or even have a/c? I have a shaded house, do the windows open at night/closed in the day dance and usually make it to about this time to ever turn mine on. I didn't turn it on last year until that hot last week of May and haven't used it yet this year, and it doesn't look like ill need it through mid June at least. Most years I wait until June or later. You mtn peeps are usually anywhere from 5- 20 degrees cooler than me so...  

We have a heating and cooling system but its more to help with the humidity than anything.  

I don't have central air. I do have a portable AC for my bedroom at night and a few dehumidifiers though. Humidity is the issue here, not heat. In the 3 years I've lived above 4000' it's never reached 80 at my house.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I don't have central air. I do have a portable AC for my bedroom at night and a few dehumidifiers though. Humidity is the issue here, not heat. In the 3 years I've lived above 4000' it's never reached 80 at my house.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Man, that's my dream!

Ever go back to visit Cola in the summer?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Looking at the EURO and the GFS, it looks unsettled and another decent cool shot down the road.

I had wanted to do some back country camping now that the USFS is allowing it in many places but ain't going in the rain.  Looks like the 2.5 months of March we had has also resulted in an extended monsoon season. 

• Like 1