• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

Surprisingly, I've only gotten 0.68 inch out of this flow so far. However, as the orientation turns more SE to NW, I do expect a significant increase. I'm not complaining, though. I prefer my rainfall in sustained gentle showers rather than intense tropical downpours.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

2.69 down south of you. Got nailed last night as we had 1.19 at 11pm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

2.69 down south of you. Got nailed last night as we had 1.19 at 11pm.

Wow!  That's a two-inch difference in only a few short miles.  I don't guess we have any chance of seeing the sun until Friday, at the earliest.  Cool, rainy, cloudy weather for several days.  I can't complain too much for mid-May.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

That is impressive! The precipitation has pretty much been training all day over the same areas.

Yep, it crested at just above 11.5 feet. If it rains like this tomorrow, which seems likely, it could get much much worse 

• Like 1

Wow! Those are some impressive numbers you guys are reporting so far. Still hovering around 2.25 inches for the event here IMBY in Hickory and have been in a lull all morning. Seems kind of low for the WPC's original outlook of 5-7 inches for the Hickory area. Of course, there is still a lot more potential in the next 48 hours. I love these cool May temperatures, though. I will be wishing greatly for them come July.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Catawba River up to 12.1 feet but starting to level off. Luckily it hasn't caused too many problems and won't unless it goes over 14. Rain has lessened which has helped but more seems to be organizing on radar in the upstate 
Yeah we may see an uptick overnight if the NAM is right. ULL rotating back west just a tad before lifting out.