• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

No frost here on our wooded place when I left around 7ish, just dew, but looked like a light frost once I got down just a little lower in elevation and I the more open areas at the orchard and rest area on 74.   Think we bottomed out around 35, I really need a weather station vs looking readings on the closest one on wundeground. Low 40’s now, would like to see some surprise mixing for my side of the Plotts and this elevation tomorrow night if possible just so I can say I’ve seen flakes fly in May with my own eyes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

No frost here on our wooded place when I left around 7ish, just dew, but looked like a light frost once I got down just a little lower in elevation and I the more open areas at the orchard and rest area on 74.   Think we bottomed out around 35, I really need a weather station vs looking readings on the closest one on wundeground. Low 40’s now, would like to see some surprise mixing for my side of the Plotts and this elevation tomorrow night if possible just so I can say I’ve seen flakes fly in May with my own eyes.

Yeah at least get a simple thermometer for around the house that tells the daily highs and lows.

9 hours ago, Hvward said:

I slipped on ice on my deck this morning. I am currently over May. Frosted at my house this morning... 2200’ and a mile from the French Broad. My thermometer said 31.

This spring we are getting 2.5 months of March and last fall we got 2.5 months of August; these transition seasons have been failing on the transition part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

I was thinking of headed up to Roan Mountain/Carvers Gap overnight. Thoughts on that being worthwhile?

I'll be waking up EARLY to try to get there for the sunrise. Looks to be a good spot at the moment. I'd love to camp but I know there's no way I can talk my girlfriend into that...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Absolutely for this time of the year. Maybe a quick few inches.

Yeah it will be a heck of a trip with no sleep but might be worth catching one of the latest snows on record in NC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WintersNotComing said:

I'll be waking up EARLY to try to get there for the sunrise. Looks to be a good spot at the moment. I'd love to camp but I know there's no way I can talk my girlfriend into that...

I love it when WintersNotComing is coming to where winterwillnotgoaway.  You and Eyewall have a great trip and have fun!  I will be sitting this one out by the wood-stove this evening.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WintersNotComing said:

That is our plan as well. Hope to see you there.

• Like 2

Buckethead and I have been trying to get a webcam up at the Country Club in Wolf Laurel. I have the whole setup, just need a commitment. Would be a moving 4-5 view 1080HD camera that operates year round. Going to send some follow up emails about that, seemed that it had really good potential at one point in time.

• Like 3

Buckethead and I have been trying to get a webcam up at the Country Club in Wolf Laurel. I have the whole setup, just need a commitment. Would be a moving 4-5 view 1080HD camera that operates year round. Going to send some follow up emails about that, seemed that it had really good potential at one point in time.
Do it man, I talked to Bobby about that Tuesday. I'll pm you in a few.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3