Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

39 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

The rain has returned we’ve got over a inch an a half today most of which has fell since 4. Storms looking ruff around 12-2 with a tornado watch now for us on this side of Asheville. Be safe guys!

Yeah high winds and some big boomers and torrential rainfall will be the biggies.  Maybe some hail also. Be safe and alert. You cant rule out a quick spin up from one of these storms.

Had heavy rain from probably 8 pm to 5 am, lots of lightning at times. Winds at our house weren’t as bad as I was prepared for, working down here around Franklin and both rivers are out of their banks in spots and have seen some trees down.  Co-worker down in SC got brushed by the Seneca tornado, they have some damage but nothing like in town he said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainforrest said:

That’s the worst wind and rain I’ve seen in a long time. Most of the county is without power and lots of flooding. We ended up with 8.25 inches of rain. 

Wow that’s a crazy amount of rain, we’ve got a lot of flooding too. Some of the worst here in the past 15 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

Looks like we are entering a period of below average temperatures for the next few weeks.. very few 70s, mostly 60s and 50s in the mountains. Quite a bit of rain too 

I will take it without the rainfall. Looks like a good chance for some snow tomorrow morning for elevations above 3500 feet.

• Like 1

Got up early this morning and was not disappointed...except that calm winds were forecasted and were in the 20-25mph range, which made those 30's feel even colder. I learned that even 30% of the moon is enough to screw up a shot too. Anyway, from left to right that is Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, the milky way, and I even got a Lyrid meteor in there. db633ec2bd9178eb20c939213095d49e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Met1985 said:

The 12z GFS is still advertising snow for around the 26th and the 27th. The main thing is there is a big signal for another significant trough in the east.  Actually the next two weeks the trough in the east just reloads for us... Where was this at this winter?!

It would be nice to get this setup before March; best of my recollection winter of 2010-2011 was the last time we had the teleconnections set up well during the winter; however, when it ended in February, spring ended up being early and warm in 2011 (based on my unreliable memory).  The 2009-2010 winter was epic.

Anyway, in the month of April, l I don't need to look at the models.  Just glance here and if I see you posting, then I know Dogwood winter is upon us:snowing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonhowl said:

It would be nice to get this setup before March; best of my recollection winter of 2010-2011 was the last time we had the teleconnections set up well during the winter; however, when it ended in February, spring ended up being early and warm in 2011 (based on my unreliable memory).  The 2009-2010 winter was epic.

Anyway, in the month of April, l I don't need to look at the models.  Just glance here and if I see you posting, then I know Dogwood winter is upon us:snowing:

Thanks moonhowl. Yes you are exactly right on both winters of 2009 and 2010. Yeah this current setup would have been grand for winter but we could not buy a decent look for the NAO OR AO. Yep an extended dogwood winter at that. 

• Like 1