• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Met1985

Was a bit breezy and chilly yesterday morning above 5000’ while listening for turkeys gobbling.  Headed back up there later this morning to pick out an area for a campsite for next Friday evening, scout for the turkey opener next Saturday and do a little wild water fishing.3A606AEA-347A-4710-A06E-F05974397473.thumb.jpeg.30569f0591fbc3c032f713a33e8aa774.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WxKnurd said:

Was a bit breezy and chilly yesterday morning above 5000’ while listening for turkeys gobbling.  Headed back up there later this morning to pick out an area for a campsite for next Friday evening, scout for the turkey opener next Saturday and do a little wild water fishing.3A606AEA-347A-4710-A06E-F05974397473.thumb.jpeg.30569f0591fbc3c032f713a33e8aa774.jpeg

Nice man! Yeah yesterday we got down to 31 degrees. It was refreshing!

The 12z GFS shows a cool down this weekend around the 10th that would bring highs diwn to the 40s and 50s and lows down around 30. Then it is showing a much more pronounced trough across the East around the 13th that would be a shock to the system and to the environment.  This is a big if but by the 14th and 15th we could see highs in the 40s and 30s and lows in the teens and 20s... that would be an extreme turn from this past weekend but it could happen. The GFS has been hinting at this for a few runs and the EURO kind of...

• Like 2

The 06z GFS continues the same them of the overnight runs and it even has a bit of snow here and there. Currently this is a cold look for mid April and there is a lot of leaving going out. This will kill out a lot of stuff if not covered.  This is in the mid range to and also I give more weight to the GFS than the Euro. 

Both the GFS and the Euro are still showing a major cool down starting tomorrow and then an even bigger cool down around the 14th. The GFS is deeper and more stable with the trough in the east. Im hedging in the GFS side because recently it has done better with the medium range than the Euro. But we are going to see temps some 15 to 20 degrees below normal around the area and maybe a chance for some high elevation snows. 

4 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Both the GFS and the Euro are still showing a major cool down starting tomorrow and then an even bigger cool down around the 14th. The GFS is deeper and more stable with the trough in the east. Im hedging in the GFS side because recently it has done better with the medium range than the Euro. But we are going to see temps some 15 to 20 degrees below normal around the area and maybe a chance for some high elevation snows. 

Yes, we are passed due for our annual killing freeze; you would think the plants would know by now that it happens every year:grinch:

• Like 1

Pulling for you guys, Tyler, Met, Bucket, Moto, etc.  This forum is where i come to extend my snow season.  I am actually very happy with this winter as we got almost 6 inches where i am here in N GA, but its always fun to track April snow.  I usually make one last trip up that way in April, but guess this year is a good one to stay home, so will be pulling for you and watching next week or so.   I pray we are all spared bad wx Sunday. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NGTim said:

Pulling for you guys, Tyler, Met, Bucket, Moto, etc.  This forum is where i come to extend my snow season.  I am actually very happy with this winter as we got almost 6 inches where i am here in N GA, but its always fun to track April snow.  I usually make one last trip up that way in April, but guess this year is a good one to stay home, so will be pulling for you and watching next week or so.   I pray we are all spared bad wx Sunday. 

Yeah Tim we appreciate you stopping by. I am hoping we can see some more flakes next week but we will see. Currently im very interested in the severe setup this Sunday.  Stay safe down there and stop by anytime lol.

Yeah it has been pretty consistent on showing some snow for Tuesday.  We will see. Its definitely going to stay below average for a bit. 
I'm within 2.75" of matching my winter 2018-19 snow total. Amazing considering I never received more than 3.5" in any single storm.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Backpacked in a mile and a half and camped at 5000’ overnight. No clue on temps but put my new 5-degree sleeping bag to the test and it shined.  Was a beautiful day covering 6 miles today even though I didn’t hear a single turkey.  Here’s a pic of camp yesterday evening.EFF468A7-AF84-4946-BE7F-2D3BFD0B83E5.thumb.jpeg.0cc9712d13f3d2bb4c2c2d3b3ace7655.jpeg

• Like 10