Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 24, 2020 - Coastal Threat

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Maybe one of those sneaky events for higher interior SE MA like Walpole/Sharon to Blue Hills. 

My area got destroyed in the 3/7-8/18 storm a couple years ago...it was notable even at the bottom of the hill. We had like 12" near the top of the 400' hill and down around 150-200 it was more like 7-8"...I wonder if we'll see something similar this time, though with lesser amounts. Not expecting double digits again.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

My area got destroyed in the 3/7-8/18 storm a couple years ago...it was notable even at the bottom of the hill. We had like 12" near the top of the 400' hill and down around 150-200 it was more like 7-8"...I wonder if we'll see something similar this time, though with lesser amounts. Not expecting double digits again.

Yeah I’m sure we’ll have something like that. It’s definitely going to be marginal for sure. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

OK I'm coming around on this. If I'm going to get 8" it may as well be 12"+ and semi-memorable.

We didn't believe you anyway when you said you didn't want it. There's no resisting an event like this.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

What do you think of ratios?  8:1ish?

The height of it where you are could be close to 10:1 if we can get that filthy lift in the DGZ. The higher elevations may be even better if they can get to like 31.5F or something. Otherwise yeah that sounds about right. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The height of it where you are could be close to 10:1 if we can get that filthy lift in the DGZ. The higher elevations may be even better if they can get to like 31.5F or something. Otherwise yeah that sounds about right. 

NW RI over to NE CT high spots (Union, Pomfret, East Killingly) look good for this 

• Like 1