Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24, 2020 - Coastal Threat

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, dryslot said:

And some would finish the season near or above normal.......lol

Maybe near BDL. Interior MA is too far gone to finish near normal. Lol. It can be less pathetic though.

Although maybe N ORH county could get kind of close to normal if they got double digits in the next 3 days now that I think about it. That small area has been a little better. I think hubbdave has like mid to high 50s for snow total this season? He averages near 75. 

ORH needs like 30-35” more to get near normal.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

...ORH needs like 30-35” more to get near normal.  

I'm so buckin' for this...    I hope they land on their seasonal total, right down to the decimal, just so we have to give the year a passing grade.

Anything worse is biased and personal, proving this entire engagement is a waste of time and that we are all neurotically lost in one's own tormented bs... That's more dystopian than any blizzard or Global pandemic, too - some might call that hell.

hahaha

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe near BDL. Interior MA is too far gone to finish near normal. Lol. It can be less pathetic though.

Although maybe N ORH county could get kind of close to normal if they got double digits in the next 3 days now that I think about it. That small area has been a little better. I think hubbdave has like mid to high 50s for snow total this season? He averages near 75. 

Its 55.4" here so far, And i avg 72" so if things worked out depending on track and if both systems would hit, It would be possible to be dam close to normal but yeah, It would basically make this season not as bad for some areas, Others are done though but been a weird season if some get book ended with little to none in between, You could probably answer this but i wonder if that's happened before where areas got snow in Dec then not again until March?

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Unfortunately ... I don't want them ... not that anyone cares -

But, I'd really rather 80 F weather drive the diaspora of people out among the openness ... you know, spread out ... so virus-choking healthfulness gives peace a f'n chance. 

Wouldn’t warmer weather invite people to be outside and gathered even more?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH unfortunately is more like Tolland this winter than HubbDave.

But yeah I'm not exactly sure what they average but looking at the snow total thread for the RT 2 crowd, they could get close to normal if they had back to backers (Hippy to Hubb) and average in the 65-75" range depending on elevation.

ALB is only a foot below normal but they are in the valley so I don't think they can do it, if they snow their ratios will be like 6:1 slop at 200ft.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Wouldn’t warmer weather invite people to be outside and gathered even more?

what ... ?

no... warm weather spreads animal behavior - that's consistent in human interactivity as well... 

Cold weather drives people inside as a sociological rule, and that is a incubation paradigm that favors/fosters virulence by giving pathogens precisely what they need: contact... There is no comparison between multiple individuals concentrating their bio-phage inside among one-another, and a bunch of individuals in an open field with open air circulation offering ventilation... eating barbeque on paper plates... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its 55.4" here so far, And i avg 72" so if things worked out depending on track and if both systems would hit, It would be possible to be dam close to normal but yeah, It would basically make this season not as bad for some areas, Others are done though but been a weird season if some get book ended with little to none in between, You could probably answer this but i wonder if that's happened before where areas got snow in Dec then not again until March?

This winter up here will oddly be very similar to 2011-12.  I've had 85" and I think it was 86" in '11-12 IIRC.  3,000ft at the mountain has had 214" this winter and I had 223" I think in 2011-12.

Both town and mountain are running around 70-75% of normal snowfall.  End of February it looked like we might be more on pace for close to normal but March has put a full stop on snowfall.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I need about a foot to go above average. 

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

1996-1997 basically fits that tenor for ORH. We had almost 30” in December (almost all from the early month system) and then got largely nothing until March/April...capped off of course by the big 3/31-4/1 blizzard. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what ... ?

no... warm weather spreads animal behavior - that's consistent in human interactivity as well... 

Cold weather drives people inside as a sociological rule, and that is a incubation paradigm that favors/fosters virulence by giving pathogens precisely what they need: contact... There is no comparison between multiple individuals concentrating their bio-phage inside among one-another, and a bunch of individuals in an open field with open air circulation offering ventilation... eating barbeque on paper plates... 

What was the what for? Simple question...I was pretty clear.

Look at pics from the DC area this weekend where people gathered because of the nice weather...it was hunted by officials, it’s not what they want to see. 

But hey, you’re right. You have to be.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I want my qpf.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What was the what for? Simple question...I was pretty clear.

Look at pics from the DC area this weekend where people gathered because of the nice weather...it was hunted by officials, it’s not what they want to see. 

But hey, you’re right. You have to be.

'What' is/was a trope that is commonly used in parlance to signify, 'think about it'

You're question was unusual - and outmoded frankly. You didn't state 'why' you asked it...in a vacuum it made less sense base on what is both proven and common wisdom. 

People don't know what they are looking at with aerial vantage and information flux so they attack - the bottom line is, any D.C. outdoor event is safer than any such engagement indoors.  So if officials were 'hunted' that is because 'people' have too much access and don't know how to analytically take it in. 

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

ORH unfortunately is more like Tolland this winter than HubbDave.

But yeah I'm not exactly sure what they average but looking at the snow total thread for the RT 2 crowd, they could get close to normal if they had back to backers (Hippy to Hubb) and average in the 65-75" range depending on elevation.

ALB is only a foot below normal but they are in the valley so I don't think they can do it, if they snow their ratios will be like 6:1 slop at 200ft.

4" will put me and Hubb above 60" on the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

Trending toward GFS

Huh? GFS has been wayyy south. Doesn’t even give CNE much precip...at least until 12z today when it was starting to give advisory amounts. I’d say the GFS is catching up to the foreign globals. Not the other way around. 

• Like 2