Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

Yes. Especially given he fought the virus through passive vaccination (the antibody therapy). Its possible he doesn't have his own antibodies and the injected one will wane and he won't have memory B cells. Fauci said he'd get the vaccine on camera...im hoping others will too. 

As did Obama, Bush, and Clinton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It would be nice to come to a weather forum and see weather chatter. Every time I click on this region( where I once lived and have many friends) to check, I get sent to here because this is all there is to this forum. 
I know, I can go to main heading and search for Weather, but goodness..

just my thoughts, back to your 220+ pages of politics on the weather forum

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

59 minutes ago, Looking to the skies said:

It would be nice to come to a weather forum and see weather chatter. Every time I click on this region( where I once lived and have many friends) to check, I get sent to here because this is all there is to this forum. 

Every thread in this subforum except for this one is weather chatter.  Seems like it shouldn't be difficult to avoid a thread clearly titled "coronavirus"

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Every thread in this subforum except for this one is weather chatter.  Seems like it shouldn't be difficult to avoid a thread clearly titled "coronavirus"

It is not clearly marked and you know it. The last commented subforum shows in each area, but not by name. Only by last comment 

Thanks for the sarcasm but I say again. This is the only location in American forum where such happens. 

• Weenie 3

2 hours ago, Looking to the skies said:

I guess you didnt see me complaining in the banter. Ill save you the click. The start to this winter is okay in my backyard but sucks overall and I don't know if the storminess everyone thinks will happen will actually happen. 

lol everything else on this sub is weather aside from this one thread 

29 minutes ago, Looking to the skies said:

It is not clearly marked and you know it. The last commented subforum shows in each area, but not by name. Only by last comment 

Thanks for the sarcasm but I say again. This is the only location in American forum where such happens. 

I guess I use the forum differently.  I'm mobile a large majority of the time and come in through the forum link to look at threads.

1 hour ago, Looking to the skies said:

It says “coronavirus”.  I’m not sure how much more clear it can get.  

move on. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Doing the math on California's current surge, it is quite possible they will start seeing 600 to 900 deaths a day. Hopefully I am wrong 

Their currently 21-day time lagged CFR is ~1.35% Current 7-day case average of 30k would result in ~400/day. The number might rise a bit further although they are (hopefully) close to heir they peak daily cases which would then start to fall, in line with trends seen in states like Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc. Unfortunately the damage has basically already been done and its going to being very ugly there for a while.

7 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Their currently 21-day time lagged CFR is ~1.35% Current 7-day case average of 30k would result in ~400/day. The number might rise a bit further although they are (hopefully) close to heir they peak daily cases which would then start to fall, in line with trends seen in states like Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc. Unfortunately the damage has basically already been done and its going to being very ugly there for a while.

You have factor in LA County's population density and then available hospitals 

Now 16 days after Thanksgiving, it's interesting to click around on various states and look at trends in cases.  Some states rose after Thanksgiving (this may not definitively be because of Thanksgiving, as it's in line with trends starting before that) while others have remained relatively steady or even continued to fall. 

55 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Now 16 days after Thanksgiving, it's interesting to click around on various states and look at trends in cases.  Some states rose after Thanksgiving (this may not definitively be because of Thanksgiving, as it's in line with trends starting before that) while others have remained relatively steady or even continued to fall. 

I feel very confident daily deaths will surge next week unfortunately 

34 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I feel very confident daily deaths will surge next week unfortunately 

Yes, daily deaths will continue rising, because the bottom line is that we still have more cases and hospitalizations in the country right now compared to what we had on Thanksgiving.

I think Hoosier mentioned this earlier, but the IHME model is running too low. Even Covid Tracking, while has lower numbers than Worldometer, is above the top end of the IHME deaths/day estimate for today. I also think the model is showing impacts from vaccination too soon. Someone exposed today who passes away wont be reported in stats on average 28 days later, so not really viable for vaccination to impact mortality before the end of the year. I agree with their expectation that we can start seeing sharp drops in mortality numbers and CFR once we start getting into February.

Am guessing somewhere between April and July normalcy gradually returns. assuming enough people get the vaccines.

1 hour ago, dan11295 said:

I think Hoosier mentioned this earlier, but the IHME model is running too low. Even Covid Tracking, while has lower numbers than Worldometer, is above the top end of the IHME deaths/day estimate for today. I also think the model is showing impacts from vaccination too soon. Someone exposed today who passes away wont be reported in stats on average 28 days later, so not really viable for vaccination to impact mortality before the end of the year. I agree with their expectation that we can start seeing sharp drops in mortality numbers and CFR once we start getting into February.

Am guessing somewhere between April and July normalcy gradually returns. assuming enough people get the vaccines.

The rolling average right now is about 2400 deaths per day, and IHME projection had about 1900 deaths per day at this time.  The IHME projected peak deaths per day is basically the same number we are getting now, and we know that's not going to happen with hospitalizations still gradually going up.  Unfortunately their "mandates easing" projected deaths looks more realistic to where we are heading, or at least somewhere between that and their official projection.  If that's the case, then we would be over 550k deaths by April 1.

• Sad 1