Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

33 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

Interesting note about the panic attacks. I suddenly began having them while driving in February. Suddenly was dizzy, lightheaded felt weak... pulled over and got out and did a lap. Heart was racing, probably due to adrenaline. Started having less severe attacks pretty steadily for the next 15 days. Thought for sure I was nearing the big one (stroke), but at 32 years old and in relatively decent health paired with 10 years in the fire/ems field told me this is something different. Started contemplating contacting my doctor, as the spells as I’d call them, mainly came while driving and was generally the feeling of sudden dizziness/malaise and brain fog. Finally after roughly 20 days, it had passed. Feel 100% again.

Very strange, been hearing several other’s experiencing the same general symptoms. I had COVID in March of 2020. Was generally mild, but a stout fever and hard to breathe. Lost my sense of smell and taste for about a month. Then in April had a double ear infection - lost nearly 90% of my hearing in both ears for 3 weeks... not sure if that was related but I’m willing to bet it was. Then in August my sense of smell went haywire. Everything smelled like raw sewage/sulfur for approximately 2-3 weeks. Then, last but not least (as of now anyway), the panic attack/dizzy spells in February. Hopefully this ship sets sail for everyone, enough is enough. 

This is crazy. This is identical to what happened to me. I was watching the Texans/Titans game around 7 pm and fell to the floor so dizzy I could barely see. I also had trouble breathing. I was completely relaxed watching a football game. I waited about 30 minutes to see if symptoms would go away but they didn't. I went to ER and had a bunch of tests done. They happened off and on for about 2 weeks, but that first 5 days were the worst. Another bad episode was watching Mulan with my wife and the same thing happened to me. I tried to stop watching TV thinking that was my trigger, but then I woke up 2 nights that week at 2 am with episodes that lasted 2-3 hours. Many medical bills later and current diagnoses was "panic attacks". Even though all of my episodes were from either sleeping or watching TV laying down on my couch. Something isn't right there when I've never had them before. I had one anxiety attack about 3 years ago, but it went away within 20-30 minutes and it built up to it. This was sudden and hit me like a truck, it felt so bad I cannot put it into words. I never got officially diagnosed with covid, but I was around many people that were. For me it was no coincidence that everyone at my work got it a week after these events occurred. Covid is scarier than I thought.

• Sad 1

Question for anyone who has gotten the vaccine.  It seems to be a universal recommendation to hydrate well after getting it, but has anyone received any advice as far as working out or not working out?  I'm not talking about taking a stroll around the block... I mean a lot of exertion.

I can't find any official recommendation on this.  It seems like it's a listen to your body thing.  Like if your arm is sore, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do a heavy overhead press.  But anecdotally, has anyone noticed anything unusual while exercising after getting the vaccine (higher than expected heart rate, more fatigue, etc)

24 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Question for anyone who has gotten the vaccine.  It seems to be a universal recommendation to hydrate well after getting it, but has anyone received any advice as far as working out or not working out?  I'm not talking about taking a stroll around the block... I mean a lot of exertion.

I can't find any official recommendation on this.  It seems like it's a listen to your body thing.  Like if your arm is sore, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do a heavy overhead press.  But anecdotally, has anyone noticed anything unusual while exercising after getting the vaccine (higher than expected heart rate, more fatigue, etc)

Both my wife and I had pain in our muscles around our mid section(stomach area). The pharmacist said that was common and is worse if you are exerting yourself. Before getting the shot, I had not heard about that side effect. This was after the first shot( I just had my second shot about 5 hours ago). I’m no expert but I would probably take it easy for a couple of days just because of the soreness of your muscles in general after getting the shot. 

43 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

My arm where I got the shot was pretty sore especially when I used it so I'm pretty sure you're not going to want to do any heavy exertion until it gets better. Took about 48 hrs for me after each shot. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I have been on a heavy lose weight campaign the past year since last year when I gained 50lbs sitting around healing from back fusion surgery. My first question after getting the first dose in March was can I exercise and do cardio right after and I was told yes and pretty much go on about your life normally. Obviously with the sore arm, lifting weights may be unpleasant. I was lethargic and arm pain almost right away after the shot, but forced myself to hop on my exercise bike. I instantly felt better.

I ran a 5K and drank a 12 pack of Two Hearted Ale after my shot.

;) 

But for real, I had about a 12 hour period of feeling tired and sluggish the day after my shot. But by evening I was good to go. Arm was sore for about 2-3 days.  Everyone is different though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, KokomoWX said:

Last week I had a female friend who was healthy and just 35 years old pass away from Covid after a short one week battle.  She wore a mask, did the right things, kept a balance between being locked down and living life.  It really hits home.  While I find so much non-science driving lockdown and restrictions, I just don't get not wanting a vaccine.  

Sorry for your loss.  Curious though as to what her vitamin D levels were... along with was she doing any vitamin C, zinc, quercetin or melatonin supplementation?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

I don't know those finer details.  

So sorry for your loss. But now I’m worried, did that person’s question imply a person should know what medications and vitamins and supplements their friends take? If so, I need to re-evaluate my life.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

I'm getting the 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow. 

Any advice since the 1st shot kicked my ass.

hydrate a lot beforehand.   get comfy and find some good movies to watch.  also be prepared for the chance that your symptoms are much milder because that can be the case, especially for people who've already had covid.

I guess I should consider myself extremely lucky, seeing all these side effects. I got the Pfizer and was tired for a few hours in the afternoon after my second shot, but that was after getting up early and driving two hours to get it, so it may not have even been the shot.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I guess I should consider myself extremely lucky, seeing all these side effects. I got the Pfizer and was tired for a few hours in the afternoon after my second shot, but that was after getting up early and driving two hours to get it, so it may not have even been the shot.

My wifes mom and aunt got extremely sick from Shot 2 Pfizer. 3 days of 102+ fever. So far nothing for her from shot 1. My side effects were not to bad as well. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

My wifes mom and aunt got extremely sick from Shot 2 Pfizer. 3 days of 102+ fever. So far nothing for her from shot 1. My side effects were not to bad as well. 

One of my coworkers had something like that, but I can’t remember which one she got.

had absolutely no side effects from moderna 1 or 2

to be fair, my vitamin D, quercetin, resting heart rate, and thc levels are all athlete level so ymmv
There are studies going on about cannabinoids effect on the Coronavirus. I have some strong anecdotal evidence that says it helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pfizer/BioNTech seek full FDA approval for their Covid-19 vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/health/pfizer-biontech-fda-approval-bla-vaccine/index.html

Pfizer/BioNTech will submit that information to the FDA over the next few weeks on a rolling basis. Once all the required information is submitted, a goal date will be set for a decision by the FDA. Pfizer/BioNTech has requested priority review, which asks the FDA to take action within 6 months, compared to the 10 months designated under standard review.