Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Saw a shopper without a mask yesterday.  I see little kids without a mask sometimes but this is the first time in a long time that I have seen an adult customer in a store without one.  It was a woman who was maybe in her 40s.  I turned around and she was right there behind me.  I don't know if she simply forgot (one time I almost walked inside before realizing I wasn't wearing one) or if it was purposeful.

It's a lot different here in BFE, percentages are about 80-20 wearing masks in stores.

33 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

It's a lot different here in BFE, percentages are about 80-20 wearing masks in stores.

Even at many times in 2020 during the height of the pandemic it was that way in BFE. I went into a few places in my wife’s hometown in BFE, PA and was stunned at the approximately 50% of people that weren’t wearing masks.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Not surprising when you consider the political differences between our counties. 

Per capita deaths are actually a bit higher in Huntington county, despite much less people/less density.  80 deaths in a pop of about 36,500 compared to 960 deaths in a pop of about 485,000 in Lake county. 

• Like 1

Saw a shopper without a mask yesterday.  I see little kids without a mask sometimes but this is the first time in a long time that I have seen an adult customer in a store without one.  It was a woman who was maybe in her 40s.  I turned around and she was right there behind me.  I don't know if she simply forgot (one time I almost walked inside before realizing I wasn't wearing one) or if it was purposeful.

Really? Honestly I’d put mask wearing at only about 50% right now at stores and even most waiters/waitresses have quit wearing them. Other than at stores and church services masks have pretty much left the South

It’s almost non-existent in Florida at this point with the exception of the theme parks

8 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Hospitalizations are back under 36k and only about 27k cases yesterday! Things are looking much better!!!:tomato:

35k has been the sticking point for hospitalizations.  Been hard to get under that number.  Hopefully very soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

48 hours since my 2nd Pfizer shot, sore arm, slight headache, a few chills. The worst was woke up at 2 am from a deep sleep Saturday night with a panic attack. Dizzy, shortness of breath. Lasted about 90 minutes. Was pretty scary, but no other real physical symptoms. 

Hmm, that's interesting (the part about the panic attack).  If you don't mind me asking, do you get those?

15 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Hmm, that's interesting (the part about the panic attack).  If you don't mind me asking, do you get those?

I never had one before in my life until early January of this year where I had several episodes of them. It went on for about 10 days. I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack, literally thought I was going to die. It was the worst thing I have ever went through in my life. Some of them very severe, went to emergency room twice and got a bunch of tests done on my heart. Everything was fine according to cardiologist. The doctor said I had one of the strongest hearts hes seen.  A week after all those attacks, everyone at my work got covid. It made me think I got covid and had the "brain fog" everyone is talking about. I tested negative twice while this was happening, one rapid/one PCR. Covid symptoms affect everyone in different ways. My co workers all got different symptoms. One had severe stomach issues, the other a high fever, and the other had symptoms similar to the flu. This reaction from the vaccine made me think these two events are related. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I never had one before in my life until early January of this year where I had several episodes of them. It went on for about 10 days. I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack, literally thought I was going to die. It was the worst thing I have ever went through in my life. Some of them very severe, went to emergency room twice and got a bunch of tests done on my heart. Everything was fine according to cardiologist. The doctor said I had one of the strongest hearts hes seen.  A week after all those attacks, everyone at my work got covid. It made me think I got covid and had the "brain fog" everyone is talking about. Covid symptoms affect everyone in different ways. My co workers all got different symptoms. One had severe stomach issues, the other a high fever, and the other had symptoms similar to the flu. This reaction from the vaccine made me think these two events are related. 

And a resting heart rate of 36?

But all jokes aside, that sounds horrific and it would seem there’s a solid chance the two are related.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

And a resting heart rate of 36?

But all jokes aside, that sounds horrific and it would seem there’s a solid chance the two are related.

It has to be. I haven't had one since early January. They put me on a bunch of anxiety medication, but I wasn't really anxious when I was having the panic attacks. and was having bad side effects from the meds. Was able to get off everything in February.  The 2 worst attacks I ever had in January were in the middle of the night (2-5 am). The cardiologist said it could be subconscious panic attacks but nothing is wrong with my heart. They did 2 EKGS and an Echogram. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

It has to be. I haven't had one since early January. They put me on a bunch of anxiety medication, but I wasn't really anxious when I was having the panic attacks. and was having bad side effects from the meds. Was able to get off everything in February.  The 2 worst attacks I ever had in January were in the middle of the night. The cardiologist said it could be subconscious panic attacks but nothing is wrong with my heart. They did 2 EKGS and an Echogram. 

My wife and sister (different people, I’m not from Alabama) are both prone to panic attacks. My sister’s are PTSD related from witnessing a gun-related suicide as it unfolded and I know she has the heart rate stuff, my wife’s are mostly just paralyzing fear and anxiety without really a known cause.

• Sad 2

Just now, TimB84 said:

My wife and sister (different people, I’m not from Alabama) are both prone to panic attacks. My sister’s are PTSD related from witnessing a gun-related suicide as it unfolded and I know she has the heart rate stuff, my wife’s are mostly just paralyzing fear and anxiety without really a known cause.

I'd rather have any physical symptom possible vs have another. They are debilitating. Mental health issues run in my family, but I still think it was covid related. It was too coincidental.   

Last week I had a female friend who was healthy and just 35 years old pass away from Covid after a short one week battle.  She wore a mask, did the right things, kept a balance between being locked down and living life.  It really hits home.  While I find so much non-science driving lockdown and restrictions, I just don't get not wanting a vaccine.  

• Sad 7

14 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

Last week I had a female friend who was healthy and just 35 years old pass away from Covid after a short one week battle.  She wore a mask, did the right things, kept a balance between being locked down and living life.  It really hits home.  While I find so much non-science driving lockdown and restrictions, I just don't get not wanting a vaccine.  

My cousins dad just got out of the hospital today. Was on oxygen for 5 days. 45 years old. Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

The rest of your post is sad but :lol:

You were on the shortlist of people I thought would appreciate that portion of that post.

But in all seriousness, if my contribution to this forum on a dreary, rainy Monday in my locale is going to be a sad personal post in a thread that’s taken a dark turn, then I have to find an opportunity to inject a little bit of humor. It’s my coping mechanism, I’d rather be laughing than crying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

Sorry for your loss.

That is really quick for a seemingly healthy young person to go downhill and succumb.  I wonder if it was one of the variants.

32 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

Sorry for your loss. 

On 5/3/2021 at 2:00 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

I never had one before in my life until early January of this year where I had several episodes of them. It went on for about 10 days. I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack, literally thought I was going to die. It was the worst thing I have ever went through in my life. Some of them very severe, went to emergency room twice and got a bunch of tests done on my heart. Everything was fine according to cardiologist. The doctor said I had one of the strongest hearts hes seen.  A week after all those attacks, everyone at my work got covid. It made me think I got covid and had the "brain fog" everyone is talking about. I tested negative twice while this was happening, one rapid/one PCR. Covid symptoms affect everyone in different ways. My co workers all got different symptoms. One had severe stomach issues, the other a high fever, and the other had symptoms similar to the flu. This reaction from the vaccine made me think these two events are related. 

Interesting note about the panic attacks. I suddenly began having them while driving in February. Suddenly was dizzy, lightheaded felt weak... pulled over and got out and did a lap. Heart was racing, probably due to adrenaline. Started having less severe attacks pretty steadily for the next 15 days. Thought for sure I was nearing the big one (stroke), but at 32 years old and in relatively decent health paired with 10 years in the fire/ems field told me this is something different. Started contemplating contacting my doctor, as the spells as I’d call them, mainly came while driving and was generally the feeling of sudden dizziness/malaise and brain fog. Finally after roughly 20 days, it had passed. Feel 100% again.

Very strange, been hearing several other’s experiencing the same general symptoms. I had COVID in March of 2020. Was generally mild, but a stout fever and hard to breathe. Lost my sense of smell and taste for about a month. Then in April had a double ear infection - lost nearly 90% of my hearing in both ears for 3 weeks... not sure if that was related but I’m willing to bet it was. Then in August my sense of smell went haywire. Everything smelled like raw sewage/sulfur for approximately 2-3 weeks. Then, last but not least (as of now anyway), the panic attack/dizzy spells in February. Hopefully this ship sets sail for everyone, enough is enough. 

• Sad 2