Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Sure. I feel like the county would have a real tough time to exert its influence over a NFL team in that way. The NFLPA would probably complain and take them to court. 

I dont know the rules and the legal but requiring a vaccine to play for the Bills (especially under an EUA) might be a bit different than requiring one for attending a game. 

Yeah that’s definitely getting into legal stuff above my head. You’d think if they could require a vaccine for entry to the stadium, they could apply that to players?

ETA: Could the bills sue the county for revenue they lose as well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Sure. I feel like the county would have a real tough time trying to exert its influence over a NFL team in that way. The NFLPA would probably complain and take them to court. 

I dont know the rules and the legal but requiring a vaccine to play for the Bills (especially under an EUA) might be a bit different than requiring one for attending a game. 

To be clear, my stance is a moral one.

Unfortunately, I'm well aware it's legally and politically impalpable.

1 minute ago, schoeppeya said:

Yeah that’s definitely getting into legal stuff above my head. You’d think if they could require a vaccine for entry to the stadium, they could apply that to players?

Maybe. But the players are required to be there and are employed by the NFL. The fans are not. I'm just guessing it would fall under a different legal standard. I was listening to a medical ethics dude the other day that suggested an employer requiring vaccines for employees would be really tough under an EUA and would be a big court battle. 

7 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Definitely fair. 

That said, I do agree with what someone else said earlier.

While forcing NFL players to get vaccinated may be difficult at best, in fairness, fans should also be given the option to enter the stadium with a negative COVID test if they choose not to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Powerball said:

That said, I do agree with what someone else said earlier.

While forcing NFL players to get vaccinated may be difficult at best, in fairness, fans should also be given the option to enter the stadium with a negative COVID test if they choose not to get vaccinated.

I think a lot of frustrations with restrictions are because they are blanketed like this. There’s no “common sense” reason to not allow covid negative people in the stadium with a negative test. Could have made people start doing that a long time ago and still had some events going on.

7 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

I think a lot of frustrations with restrictions are because they are blanketed like this. There’s no “common sense” reason to not allow covid negative people in the stadium with a negative test. Could have made people start doing that a long time ago and still had some events going on.

Whats the end game? Zero Covid cases? You have to assume that things ‘should’ be improved by the start of football. Vaccination rates should be well above 60%. There is an end game, there has to be. What is it? People are at their ends with all of this, especially the vaccinated. That number of people gets even larger every day. I see these restrictions being met with pushback. 

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

It's an erie county rule not a bills rule. 

I think it eventually gets changed to negative test/vaccine. The uprising has been insane today. I'd say about 50% of my friends are not getting the vaccine and are pretty adamant on it. I do respect their individual freedom. I can see both sides to this.

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

I think it eventually gets changed to negative test/vaccine. The uprising has been insane today. I'd say about 50% of my friends are not getting the vaccine and are pretty adamant on it. I do respect their individual freedom. I can see both sides to this.

You live in hamburg. I'm not terribly surprised lol. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

He came on NBC News tonight with Lester Holt and said he supports this decision 100% and that we need to investigate before anymore doses of this vaccine are administered

Okay. So he supports the other government agencies that made the decision. Why is this a problem? It's exactly how the system is supposed to work. This is why they are constantly monitoring. 

14 minutes ago, CorePunch said:

Whats the end game? Zero Covid cases? You have to assume that things ‘should’ be improved by the start of football. Vaccination rates should be well above 60%. There is an end game, there has to be. What is it? People are at their ends with all of this, especially the vaccinated. That number of people gets even larger every day. I see these restrictions being met with pushback. 

I agree with all of this man. The point of my post was to say there’s things we could have been doing like this the whole time. It’s like places cancelling fall football last spring and then people proved you could play football by testing people before games.

What’re the bills gonna do if Covid cases have dropped to background noise in the fall? Still require this rule because the decided to make a stand six months ahead of time? 

Okay. So he supports the other government agencies who made the decision. Why is this a problem? It's exactly how the system is supposed to work. This is why they are constantly monitoring. 

Because it’s a 1 in 1 million chance of getting blood clots while we still have hundreds dying of this pandemic daily
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, nwohweather said:

Because it’s a 1 in 1 million chance of getting blood clots while we still have hundreds dying of this pandemic daily

I get it. It's frustrating. There's 2 other vaccines with ample supply that are currently used. Theyre upholding their commitment to safety. You and I both know there's almost no appetite for poor vaccine outcomes in the US. I hope they look for a few day make recommendations and get back to business.

A personal story I just got from my wife in regards to the J&J vaccine. My wifes friends friend from church got the J&J on Friday. She was dizzy over the weekend. She passed out and went to the ER. She had a blood clot in her brain, the clot is now draining and is in stable condition. Pretty scary stuff...I'd stick with Moderna/Pfizer.

• Sad 1