Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Based upon per capita, there is barely any testing compared to other age groups and I even specified that the testing that does happens, usually happens after parents get covid themselves.

Most people go get tested when someone they’ve been around has shown symptoms or tested positive regardless of age. 

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Well this state is putting the onus on student athletics for one, but athletics isn't going to be the main spreader there aren't that many athletes and schooling opened back up at the beginning of March here for everyone in state. It is only logical that the schools would have causes the explosion as it was the variable that was most dramatically changed. I know other states have opened up as well but they were more paced, it was a band-aid being ripped off here and we were one of the most protective for the longest time thus it didn't naturally spread as much as it would have in other states.

Believe it or not... I buy this lol. Not necessarily from the kids maybe but just and general increase of activity resulting from kids being back in school. 

Have there been studies in the UK or elsewhere looking at the B.1.1.7 variant spread among kids?  Since it seems to be more contagious in general, it would not be unreasonable to think that kids could spread that variant more efficiently than "original" covid.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Hoosier said:

Have there been studies in the UK or elsewhere looking at the B.1.1.7 variant spread among kids?  Since it seems to be more contagious in general, it would not be unreasonable to think that kids could spread that variant more efficiently than "original" covid.  

Everything I read is that both the UK and Brazilian variants have been spreading and impacting younger people more.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Chambana said:

I say we just keep the country locked down forever, keep printing trillions upon trillions, and never let children have in person learning ever again. What could go wrong? 

Careful, you’ll have a lot of takers here

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I say we just keep the country locked down forever, keep printing trillions upon trillions, and never let children have in person learning ever again. What could go wrong? 

No, we just need to create giant colonies like leper colonies for the people that subscribe to anti vaccine fauci bill gates 5g nanochip conspiracy theories. Even better we can send them all to Florida and put them on giant carnival cruise ships. That way Gov DeSantis will be happy.

What do you think?

The rest of us will all get our vaccines and get on with life. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, mattb65 said:

No, we just need to create giant colonies like leper colonies for the people that subscribe to anti vaccine fauci bill gates 5g nanochip conspiracy theories. Even better we can send them all to Florida and put them on giant carnival cruise ships. That way Gov DeSantis will be happy.

What do you think?

The rest of us will all get our vaccines and get on with life. 

I didn’t realize Ron DeSantis joined the 5G nanochip crowd? And explain to me why Florida real estate is exploding. People are fleeing democrat strongholds. Florida is wide open and numbers are good. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Truth hurts?

Obviously that would not be ideal but we are going to have to accept the possibility that things may not get back to normal fully for a while to come. It's unfortunate but we have got to come to grips with this possibility. I still believe this summer will be much better overall but not fully normal. That won't happen until the world as a whole gets this under control and we are a long way away from that happening 

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

The vaccines are going to end this, and there will still be straw men being built saying things aren’t opened up. Get the vaccine, and things are pre pandemic normal. Period. We won’t have to even have these conversations.

Get the world vaccinated and this is over. Mutations from unvaccinated parts of the world will be a huge threat until that happens 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Get the world vaccinated and this is over. Mutations from unvaccinated parts of the world will be a huge threat until that happens 

In the sense world travel will still be tricky, but I think it should be stressed nationally things will return much more to normal with vaccinations.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I've been watching the numbers for the 60s and older group.  I believe they are nearly 75% vaccinated.  They have had access the longest and it would be good if the percentage in that group can ultimately exceed 80%.  I wouldn't expect the percentages in the younger adult age groups to be on quite the same level as the older age groups, so perhaps it will ultimately settle out with something like 70% of adults vaccinated as polls have suggested.  We can hope anyway.

90.5% of people 65+ in dane county have gotten at least one dose.  Pretty amazing numbers

ETA: 81.2% of the same age group in Dane County has completed their vaccine series

• Like 4

Got my j and j vaccine this morning. About a hr ago I started to feel the standard achey and fatigue that seems to be associated with it. The nurse who did mine said they have dozen of open spots for the next two days with little interest it would seem for more to get the shot.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I didn’t realize Ron DeSantis joined the 5G nanochip crowd? And explain to me why Florida real estate is exploding. People are fleeing democrat strongholds. Florida is wide open and numbers are good. 

Why is hawaii real estate exploding, how about new jersey, new York, I could go on. 

Your nonsense post deserved a nonsense response.

It's a blatant strawman exaggeration. It's the second day in a row you've made ridiculous posts.

You present a hyperpartisan perspective,  try better.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Yep, Texas and Florida doing pretty good these days.  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Why is hawaii real estate exploding, how about new jersey, new York, I could go on. 

Your nonsense post deserved a nonsense response.

It's a blatant strawman exaggeration. It's the second day in a row you've made ridiculous posts.

You present a hyperpartisan perspective,  try better.

One could argue that the mere act of defending Ron DeSantis is extremist.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

51 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

In the sense world travel will still be tricky, but I think it should be stressed nationally things will return much more to normal with vaccinations.

Unless it's travel from Mexico, the border is a mess right now. 

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Yep, Texas and Florida doing pretty good these days.  

Are they though?  I bet they are no better than middle of the pack when looking at numbers per capita.  Florida has started to go back up after mid March.  Whether it is spring break or something else, who knows. 

3 hours ago, Chambana said:

What a way to out yourself as a winger.

• Weenie 1