• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

With positivity rates starting to go up across IL, some regions are approaching the threshold for tighter restrictions again. The attitude of many people (have heard these words exactly 3 separate times over the weekend) is that this is “over” now. Cant imagine the reaction would be too good if they impose new restrictions again
Considering that many restaurants stayed opened to indoor dining or reopened after many restaurants didn't abide by shut-down of indoor dining during late fall and early winter surge, I doubt that there will be much adherence to any new restrictions.

The county sheriffs not enforcing the state mandates makes them pretty toothless and an easier call for many restaurants to keep business as usual.

We're probably/hopefully little more than a month away from transmission really dropping here due to vaccine or natural immunity and seasonality.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How ?
A percentage of the population not taking covid seriously (insisting on frequently gathering indoors, not wearing masks etc) made them more susceptible to contracting the virus in high risk indoor settings and part of the chains of transmission that resulted in large raw numbers of bad outcomes.

It's pretty clear that even if the virus weren't politicized, we would've had many deaths, but every little bit of prevention would have helped mitigate our losses. I think the early testing debacle and politicization are two of the biggest factors in the horrific death count.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Considering that many restaurants stayed opened to indoor dining or reopened after many restaurants didn't abide by shut-down of indoor dining during late fall and early winter surge, I doubt that there will be much adherence to any new restrictions.

The county sheriffs not enforcing the state mandates makes them pretty toothless and an easier call for many restaurants to keep business as usual.

We're probably/hopefully little more than a month away from transmission really dropping here due to vaccine or natural immunity and seasonality.

Does your law enforcement actually do this?   Seems they have enough on their hands than responding to calls about mandates (not laws).  I'd much rather they are protecting the city from crime. 

We have a state taskforce that snoops on businesses enforcing the crowd limidto, masks etc.

5 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

A percentage of the population not taking covid seriously (insisting on frequently gathering indoors, not wearing masks etc) made them more susceptible to contracting the virus in high risk indoor settings and part of the chains of transmission that resulted in large raw numbers of bad outcomes.

It's pretty clear that even if the virus weren't politicized, we would've had many deaths, but every little bit of prevention would have helped mitigate our losses. I think the early testing debacle and politicization are two of the biggest factors in the horrific death count.

Alot of idiots can't think for themselves.

Just now, dta1984 said:

Does your law enforcement actually do this?   Seems they have enough on their hands than responding to calls about mandates (not laws).

We have a state taskforce that snoops on businesses enforcing the crowd limidto, masks etc.

“Snoops on.” Those people are American heroes if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Lol!  Yep, now those are conspiracy theories!

Stupidity

I was hesitant on getting my vaccine but I'm going to go this weekend. I want to be able to go places without getting tested  and want to make sure my mom doesn't get it again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

My co worker thinks there are chips inside of the vaccines lol

Heck , alot of people think that.

I really don't get the chip thing. I mean you're a police officer. Your car is tracked everywhere you go, also your cell phone is tracked everywhere you go. You're being constantly tracked either way. The chip thing literally makes zero sense. 

• Like 1

You should still do your research before you take any medication or vaccine. My cousin was given Zpak when he contracted covid in January and he has Colitis. He ended up getting CDiff and was in the hospital for 7 days. Cdiff mortality rate is 4-6%. Why would they give him antibiotics for a viral infection? They only work against a bacterial infection. I texted my buddy who is a PA and he stated doctors give out antibiotics far too quickly.

I have another example of a doctor giving me meds far too quickly in January for some issues I was having as well, and ended up having pretty bad side effects. Sometimes the treatment is worse then the actual problem. Doctors treat the symptoms, not the root cause of the problem.

You should still always question everything, even medical professionals. 

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

You should still do your research before you take any medication or vaccine. My cousin was given Zpack when he contracted covid in January and he has Colitis. He ended up getting CDiff and was in the hospital for 7 days. Cdiff mortality rate is 4-6%. Why would they give him antibiotics for a viral infection? They only work against a bacterial infection. I texted my buddy who is a PA and he stated doctors give out antibiotics far too quickly.

I have another example of a doctor giving me meds far too quickly in January for some issues I was having as well, and ended up having pretty bad side effects

You should still always question everything, even medical professionals. 

Dr. Daniel Griffin on his Twiv clinical update was complaining about some doctors still prescribing zpacks and/or steroids very early on in illness. Most covid deaths are covid deaths. They are not caused by secondary bacterial infection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This won't help vaccine hesitancy. First they lied about the effectiveness and now this. Europe is going to be quite a bit behind the US as this was one of their primary vaccines. 

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin/clear-link-between-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-rare-blood-clots-in-brain-ema-official-tells-paper-idUSKBN2BT1ER?utm_source=reddit.com

This got buried quickly.

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

This got buried quickly.

This got buried quickly

Cavaleri provided no evidence to support his comment

The EMA has repeatedly said the benefits of the AstraZeneca shot outweigh the risks as it investigates 44 reports of an extremely rare brain clotting ailment known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) out of 9.2 million people in the European Economic Area who have received the vaccine.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I say the benefits outweigh the risk for the older population. There is no way I'm taking that vaccine if there is even a small chance of a blood clot in my brain. For those under 40 I would argue that statement. 

So... you aren't going to fly then?  Drive?

Just now, yoda said:

This got buried quickly

There's reason to be skeptical on that vaccine, specifically for younger women. There's enough evidence that Canada pulled approval for those under 55. There's some reports that the incidence of the SVTs be as high as 1 in 100000. I hope they figure it out because it's a hugely important vaccine for europe and the world in general. It's a cheap vaccine sold at cost and can be stored at fridge temps. Thats the vaccine that was likely going to be used in Africa and the Middle East and the poorer areas in the world. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

So... you aren't going to fly then?  Drive?

A dumb counter argument. Are you not going to eat fast food because it causes high blood pressure or to be overweight? Are you not going to go out in the sun because you can get skin cancer? Covid presents very little risk to me. Most of the people I know got the sniffles/cold. Either way, I have my Pfizer shot on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A dumb counter argument. Are you not going to eat fast food because it causes high blood pressure or to be overweight? Are you not going to go out in the sun because you can get skin cancer? Covid presents very little risk to me. Most of the people I know got the sniffles/cold. I have my Pfizer shot on Saturday. 

The dumb argument was that you literally cant get that vaccine in the US lol. I'd still suggest that if it were the only vaccine available and you were in area of high community prevalence of the virus, it would be safer to "take a chance" with that vaccine than to take a chance with the virus. That complication is considerably more rare than the covid death rate of people our age. 

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

The dumb argument was that you literally cant get that vaccine in the US lol. I'd still suggest that if it were the only vaccine available and you were in area of high community prevalence of the virus, it would be safer to "take a chance" with that vaccine than to take a chance with the virus. That complication is considerably more rare than the covid death rate of people our age. 

The anti-vax crowd suddenly cares about the people of Africa and poorer regions of the world, despite never having thought of those people once in all of their previous decades on earth.

30 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

“Snoops on.” Those people are American heroes if you ask me.

Ok "investigate" but, heroes?  Man come on.  I really hope you're just trying too hard here.  This isn't "everyone gets a participation trophy.". There are actual ones who put their lives on the line who are "heroes."