Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Give it a ****ing rest. You're the only person that regularly posts in this thread lately that's anti vax. You have absolutely no self-awareness. You're the odd-ball, not the rest of us. There is literally a worldwide public health campaign to vaccinate the population. ****ing weirdo. 

Lol.  I'm not anti vax.  Thanks!  It is entertaining how worked up some of you get.  

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This won't help vaccine hesitancy. First they lied about the effectiveness and now this. Europe is going to be quite a bit behind the US as this was one of their primary vaccines. 

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin/clear-link-between-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-rare-blood-clots-in-brain-ema-official-tells-paper-idUSKBN2BT1ER?utm_source=reddit.com

Not a fan of that particular vaccine 

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

And when businesses, airlines, etc. require you to be vaccinated to set foot inside, I call that their decision.

I mean ya lol that's their decision.  Then thsoe who aren't vaccinated can take their business elsewhere I suppose.  

Same with masks.  When the mandates are lifted some businesses will keep requirements, some won't.  

9 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

lol @ defending this shit. What is wrong with you? 

@dta1984 has at least ATTEMPTED, repeatedly, to provide backing for his positions, rather than resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't have an answer. His information may be wrong or misguided sometimes, but he at least shares what he is looking at, and has allowed himself to be corrected several times, including by you.

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? What is wrong with you?

Finally--I have a bias, because I am human. My bias is towards individual choice. I own that bias and am here defending it.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, schoeppeya said:

@dta1984 has at least ATTEMPTED, repeatedly, to provide backing for his positions, rather than resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't have an answer. His information may be wrong or misguided sometimes, but he at least shares what he is looking at, and has allowed himself to be corrected several times, including by you.

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? 

Finally--I have a bias, because I am human. My bias is towards individual choice. I own that bias and am here defending it.

It's so ridiculous. What the hell is a hardcore pro-vaxer? When the hell did vaccines become so damn political? it's ****ing public health. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

I take issue with the "blood on your hands", anti American, "Americans are selfish" bullshit. Because it is bullshit. When somebody has to resort to personal attacks, it means they haven't actually thought through why they think the way they do about something. You haven't called out a single person spewing emotional garbage in this thread. Why? What is wrong with you?

“Blood on your hands” and “Americans are selfish” are personal attacks now? You could make a case for the first, given that it does contain the word “your”, but the second doesn’t involve anything directed at a person.

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

It's delusional to think personal attacks or any other bs threats is what will convince someone to change their stance on any given subject.  Again, piss poor people skills. It's no wonder some anti covid vaxers won't change their mind.

People have time and time again tried to attempt to show you the logic error in your arguments against the vaccines and against the masks. You are not persuadable. Your thinking is usually on the edge of conspiracy theorist.  It's been like this from the beginning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

I don't try pushing my views.  They are mine, and (many others for that matter).  Sure, they may seem misguided to some, but their views are misguided to others as well.  I have good sources, and actual medical professionals in the family.  Some here just rely on what ABC news or Dr fauci say.  It's whatever, agree to disagree.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

I don't try pushing my views.  They are mine, and (many others for that matter).  Sure, they may seem misguided to some, but their views are misguided to others as well.  I have good sources, and actual medical professionals in the family.  Some here just rely on what ABC news or Dr fauci say.  It's whatever, agree to disagree.

Assuming you really mean actual medical professionals, I’ll give you that. I was having an argument with an anti-masker/anti-lockdown person/anti-vaxxer (can’t remember which, they’re all the same to me) on Facebook a number of months back and her response was “I work in the medical field so I would know.” A quick glance at her profile and it turns out she was a receptionist at a f***ing chiropractor’s office! As in, someone who would know little more about medicine than anyone else.

9 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

It's so ridiculous. What the hell is a hardcore pro-vaxer? When the hell did vaccines become so damn political? it's ****ing public health. 

I don't even know what you're talking about. I am very pro vaccine?

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The problem here is that basic factual arguments are now somehow become political. "Well, that's my view." When did the science behind masks and the science behind vaccines become political? It's literally not. Its about scientific evidence. 

That's entirely my point. 

Just now, TimB84 said:

Assuming you really mean actual medical professionals, I’ll give you that. I was having an argument with an anti-masker/anti-lockdown person/anti-vaxxer (can’t remember which, they’re all the same to me) on Facebook a number of months back and her response was “I work in the medical field so I would know.” A quick glance at her profile and it turns out she was a receptionist at a f***ing chiropractor’s office! As in, someone who would know little more about medicine than anyone else.

You can find a medical professional anywhere to tell you whatever craziness you believe. Look at youtube. That's a haven for some crackpot renegade doctor to "spill the beans on the conspiracy." Its in a lot of ways, so much worse. At least you can understand how a non-medical person in a certain environment could gravitate towards that thinking, but when a doctor does its super sad and unforgivable. 

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The problem here is that basic factual arguments are now somehow become political. "Well, that's my view." When did the science behind masks and the science behind vaccines become political? It's literally not. Its about scientific evidence. 

Everything is political now. And half the people on the other side of the mask/vax/lockdown issue had a “Stay Home, Save Lives” on their Facebook profile picture sometime last March or April. Hmm, wonder why that changed so quickly.

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

A few years ago I was talking about vaccines with a coworker-they were anti vax back when it was a hipster/suburban mom fringe movement to be anti vax. His wife was a nurse at a hospital and one of her doctors was supposedly the ones feeding her the anti vax info. He also tossed out the "my wife is in healthcare" line. 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

A few years ago I was talking about vaccines with a coworker-they were anti vax back when it was a hipster/suburban mom fringe movement to be anti vax. His wife was a nurse at a hospital and one of her doctors was supposedly the ones feeding her the anti vax info. He also fed the "my wife is in healthcare" line. 

Theres still some horseshoe theory here for sure, but I believe the largest antivax/vaccine-hesitant group is conservative. 

45 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

If DTA wasn't embroiled in right-wing politics he would see the vaccine was beneficial to him and society at large. From a scientific perspective, it absolutely is. 

You should re direct your babbling to someone who is actually discussing far right vax conspiracy theories.   

With positivity rates starting to go up across IL, some regions are approaching the threshold for tighter restrictions again. The attitude of many people (have heard these words exactly 3 separate times over the weekend) is that this is “over” now. Cant imagine the reaction would be too good if they impose new restrictions again