Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

5 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Am curious what the cases numbers for those age groups are vs the fall. i.e. Is it just simply because of a higher number of raw cases in that age group, or are a higher percentage of those age-specific cases actually in the hospital?

"COVID-19 daily hospitalization data indicates that the large growth in hospitalizations in Michigan in March is occurring among younger age groups that have the lowest vaccination rates among the state population, according to inpatient data collected by the Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA).

From March 1 to March 23, hospitalizations increased by 633% for adults ages 30-39 and by 800% for adults ages 40-49. Hospitalization growth rates decline as the vaccination rates per age group increases, with hospitalizations increasing by just 37% for adults 80 or older, of which 44% of the population are fully vaccinated in the state. The correlation between high vaccination rates and lower hospitalization growth rates shows the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine and how it protects from the risk of severe disease or hospitalization. The data also indicates that, although older adults still have a higher risk of hospitalizations, the percentage of hospitalized patients who are younger than 40 years old has doubled, showing that adults of any age are vulnerable to complications from the disease."

10 hours ago, MJO812 said:

We can't be living in fear for years

Same

No one is living in fear.  This is what you crazies don't understand.  It's not about fear, it's about respect for others and for the fact that I'm sure the majority of those there aren't vaccinated and therefore spreading it.  This will not stop until that crap stops.  Common sense.

3 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

We are at a very crucial point for the young unvaccinated. It is literally a race now between vaccination and a new potentially deadly surge among our youth 

this may be true, but unfortunately you will have those that continue stupid behavior (not following guidelines, wearing a mask, etc) and don't see the point on getting a vaccine for 'the sniffles' and therefore go about their lives while not realizing that because of science, that they can be spreading it...

5 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

We are at a very crucial point for the young unvaccinated. It is literally a race now between vaccination and a new potentially deadly surge among our youth 

I doubt there will be a deadly surge for the youth as not many die from it under 50 years old. Could be lots of new cases/hospitalizations though. Today anyone 16 and above can get the vaccine in New York State. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I doubt there will be a deadly surge for the youth as not many die from it under 50 years old. Could be lots of new cases/hospitalizations though. Today anyone 16 and above can get the vaccine in New York State. 

The Brazil variant has proven to be far more deadly among the youth in Brazil. I don't think it is a coincidence that we are seeing more youth get more sick. This surge should be brief but it could be potent if we are not careful 

12 minutes ago, RyanDe680 said:

No one is living in fear.  This is what you crazies don't understand.  It's not about fear, it's about respect for others and for the fact that I'm sure the majority of those there aren't vaccinated and therefore spreading it.  This will not stop until that crap stops.  Common sense.

That's not going to stop anytime soon

I always wear my mask when I'm near someone but I still go out and enjoy life.

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

So we should keep living in fear? I don't know about you but I have been hanging out with friends and going to indoor dining.

Are you vaccinated? Are they vaccinated? If not, that shows what kind of friend you are, willing to risk giving your friends a deadly virus because you won’t get vaccinated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

That's not going to stop anytime soon

I always wear my mask when I'm near someone but I still go out and enjoy life.

Vaccines are literally going into arms right now at amazing rates. COVID will slow down a lot in the next few months. Because of the vaccine distribution, there's a huge advantage right now in preventing needless infections and deaths. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Vaccines are literally going into arms right now at amazing rates. COVID will slow down a lot in the next few months. Because of the vaccine distribution, there's a huge advantage right now in preventing needless infections and deaths. 

There is still a huge segment of the population that refuses to get vaccinated thus the virus will still have plenty of host to mutate in

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Are you vaccinated? Are they vaccinated? If not, that shows what kind of friend you are, willing to risk giving your friends a deadly virus because you won’t get vaccinated.

His friends get to choose if they want to see him or not. 

I am honestly starting to think a lot of you act this way to justify all the time you spend by yourselves anyways. 

• Weenie 3

8 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

His friends get to choose if they want to see him or not. 

I am honestly starting to think a lot of you act this way to justify all the time you spend by yourselves anyways. 

You’re right. It probably doesn’t happen all that often anyway, they probably usually “have other plans.”

Edit: I almost forgot to add, why do I need to justify the time I spend by myself? I post a lot on weather forums so I know that makes me unquestionably cool.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

It is amusing seeing the different tactics used by the hardcore pro vaxers.  There's been "the blood will be on your hands when this mutates!",  and " all the cool kids are doing it" now "it's common sense." :clap:

If any of these are extremist tactics, then what do you call pretty much all of the arguments against getting the vaccine?

2 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

It is amusing seeing the different tactics used by the hardcore pro vaxers.  There's been "the blood will be on your hands when this mutates!",  and " all the cool kids are doing it" now "it's common sense." :clap:

Or the trifecta, all three at once. 

Just now, dta1984 said:

Give it a ****ing rest. You're the only person that regularly posts in this thread lately that's anti vax. You have absolutely no self-awareness. You're the odd-ball, not the rest of us. There is literally a worldwide public health campaign to vaccinate the population. ****ing weirdo. 

• Like 3

This won't help vaccine hesitancy. First they lied about the effectiveness and now this. Europe is going to be quite a bit behind the US as this was one of their primary vaccines. 

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin/clear-link-between-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-rare-blood-clots-in-brain-ema-official-tells-paper-idUSKBN2BT1ER?utm_source=reddit.com