Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

6 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

While I guess thats true I also wore a mask today for 2+ hours while mixing cement and grinding. We have to get fit tested and everything for those masks. So while a tiny portion may actually feel like they cant breath, if a tiny "piece of fabric" disrupts your breathing pretty sure you should see a doctor and find out why. Theres no reason you should have trouble breathing with that on. 

Doctors wear masks all day long, you don't hear about them all gasping for air. It is nonsense pushed by those who don't want to wear it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

In regards to the bolded, the WHO message about exercising does say the mask may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably.  Don't shoot the messenger :ph34r:

I mean, isn't that basic common sense?  Of course it matters how intensely you are exercising and how fit you are.  

50 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

In regards to the bolded, the WHO message about exercising does say the mask may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably.  Don't shoot the messenger :ph34r:

So... and hear me out on this one... if it prevents SOME O2 molecules from coming through, it stands to reason that it would prevent even more covid particles, which are much larger than O2 molecules, from coming through. Either way this is checkmate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I mean, isn't that basic common sense?  Of course it matters how intensely you are exercising and how fit you are.  

Exactly lol, you made my point.  See below what I quoted from Tim saying it's not possible.   

"And restricting your oxygen flow? Where on God’s green earth did you hear such a thing that you could babble about on an internet weather forum?"

1 hour ago, mississaugasnow said:

While I guess thats true I also wore a mask today for 2+ hours while mixing cement and grinding. We have to get fit tested and everything for those masks. So while a tiny portion may actually feel like they cant breath, if a tiny "piece of fabric" disrupts your breathing pretty sure you should see a doctor and find out why. Theres no reason you should have trouble breathing with that on. 

Not arguing with this, the WHO is who posted the statement. 

6 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yeah 40k people and no masks, what could possibly go wrong. Makes sense that you two would find this remotely good.

I see dead people some masks.  Not many though and people will need to use a relatively confined bathroom at some point...

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Hopefully but not everyone is going to take the vaccine . People think the vaccine is the mark of the beast lol.

Well I said when everyone had a chance to get it.  If people choose not to get it, they get to live with the consequences.  At that point it becomes nanny state to impose unreasonable restrictions assuming the activity in question is reasonably safe. 

I think certain activities like going on a cruise could reasonably require anyone boarding to be vaccinated or have a negative test.  Those things were like petri dishes for the virus when this thing started. 

• Like 1

Was just reading a story about the expiring Indiana mask mandate and it sounds like the major grocery and big box stores around here are still going to require masks.

I was watching some sports highlights during the Tigers game. Are they really making HS athletes wear masks during games in Michigan? That is absolute pure insanity to mandate that. Lol I’m highly confident with my mild asthma I could not play basketball with a mask

9 hours ago, dta1984 said:

Exactly lol, you made my point.  See below what I quoted from Tim saying it's not possible.   

"And restricting your oxygen flow? Where on God’s green earth did you hear such a thing that you could babble about on an internet weather forum?"

My point here is that no one with a lick of intellect or common sense can simultaneously believe that the virus can pass unobstructed through the mask, yet the mask could significantly restrict your oxygen flow.

That’s exactly why I didn’t want to dignify the anti-mask troll’s comment with a response. Because you seized on one part of my response and you erroneously believe it nullifies my point.

"The daily hospital admission rate based on a seven-day rolling average for younger age groups in Michigan is up over the same averages during the massive autumn surge. For instance, the Michigan Health & Hospital Association reports that among those aged 30-39, there were 26 daily admissions based on a seven-day average during the fall and winter surge, while today there are 43 admissions in the same age bracket.

The 40-49 age bracket is seeing a similar rise, with 58 being admitted daily compared to 33 during the autumn surge. For those 60 and older, hospitalizations have declined sharply as vaccinations have risen.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services says 35.2% of Michigan adults have received at least one vaccine dose and 21.5% have been fully vaccinated."

26 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

My point here is that no one with a lick of intellect or common sense can simultaneously believe that the virus can pass unobstructed through the mask, yet the mask could significantly restrict your oxygen flow.

I've already said that masks help, but to the extent they help is debatable. I did not say they restrict oxygen flow, I posted an article that said exercising can.   Re direct your common sense preaching elsewhere to the poster that is saying such.

13 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I've already said that masks help, but to the extent they help is debatable. I did not say they restrict oxygen flow, I posted an article that said exercising can.   Re direct your common sense preaching elsewhere to the poster that is saying such.

I’m not necessarily saying you don’t have a lick of common sense. I believe I was addressing the “snow shovel in Barbados” guy, who to me doesn’t appear to have a lick of common sense, and you jumped in. And I’ll bet his source isn’t the WHO.

37 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

"The daily hospital admission rate based on a seven-day rolling average for younger age groups in Michigan is up over the same averages during the massive autumn surge. For instance, the Michigan Health & Hospital Association reports that among those aged 30-39, there were 26 daily admissions based on a seven-day average during the fall and winter surge, while today there are 43 admissions in the same age bracket.

The 40-49 age bracket is seeing a similar rise, with 58 being admitted daily compared to 33 during the autumn surge. For those 60 and older, hospitalizations have declined sharply as vaccinations have risen.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services says 35.2% of Michigan adults have received at least one vaccine dose and 21.5% have been fully vaccinated."

Am curious what the cases numbers for those age groups are vs the fall. i.e. Is it just simply because of a higher number of raw cases in that age group, or are a higher percentage of those age-specific cases actually in the hospital?

Yeah I think people need to be careful with saying that these new variants are more dangerous for younger people.  I think they are just taking up a higher percentage of hospitalizations since older people are vaccinated and aren’t getting sick